C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 GT1 Championship Edition Roster

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 02:13 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Doug,

Your a good man and I know your not thinking this, but there is another good woman that will enter your life. If you wait a while, I may be able to buy your Z06 in the next 3-4 months.

Enjoy the 427 convertible.

Mark

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Well it looks like i will be putting both my GT1 Z06 and GT1 coupe up for sale. Divorce is expensive but sometimes it worth it!

Oh, and my 2004 LeMans blue CE Z06!

I will be keeping my 2013 427 vert though!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 AM
grandsport4me1963
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope all is well with the GT1 folks. I haven't seen a real GT1 in my neck of the woods since I got rid of my Z06 so they are rare.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

They are incredible cars for sure. I just can't take one of them out without all the stares and comments on how nice the car looks.

While the 2013 427 Convertible is a great car and gathers a lot of attention, these GT1's are something else!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
rrankins
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I was another one was at the ALMS race at Lime Rock 2 years ago, and that one was from Florida.
My Yellow GT1 Coupe does draw a lot of attention when I bring it out and I've won an award with it at every show I've taken it to in the last 3 years.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
garytucker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are still enjoying our yellow convertible. Still hard to believe that there is not another one out there that is identical to ours! I think at last count she had just rolled over to 13000 miles...we used to put that on our '02 in 4-5 months...lol.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
C4Rider
Intermediate

Hello from a new GT1 owner. Just got mine in Dec (Black ZO6 #400001). Been reading and enjoying this board very much and agree these are unique cars with a special story, and a unique look that catches attention. Cant wait to take it to shows this summer here in Ohio.

Been busy tracking down car's history. Learned it was present at the Sebring unveiling in March 2009 as one of the six promo cars there. Also believe was at New York Auto show that spring but havent been able to confirm. Am building a binder of all the docs and other historical information I come across, and hoping that binder stays with the car forever.

Anyway, very happy with it and having a ball tracking it's history. BTW... Any thoughts/ideas on tracking more of its history would be appreciated.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM
rrankins
Pro

Originally Posted by C4Rider
Hello from a new GT1 owner. Just got mine in Dec (Black ZO6 #400001). Been reading and enjoying this board very much and agree these are unique cars with a special story, and a unique look that catches attention. Cant wait to take it to shows this summer here in Ohio.

Been busy tracking down car's history. Learned it was present at the Sebring unveiling in March 2009 as one of the six promo cars there. Also believe was at New York Auto show that spring but havent been able to confirm. Am building a binder of all the docs and other historical information I come across, and hoping that binder stays with the car forever.

Anyway, very happy with it and having a ball tracking it's history. BTW... Any thoughts/ideas on tracking more of its history would be appreciated.
Wow, that's quite a score to get one of the first 6 promo cars - from the VIN #, looks like you got the first black one built.
I actually have VIN# 300004 which indicates it's the first Yellow GT1 built after the first 6 promo cars, and I thought I had something extra special.
I think 1 of the number 1 cars was raffled off by the Corvette Museum - is that the one you ended up with?

-Ray
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM
rrankins
Pro

Well, I just answered my own question.
I looked it up and the Z06 VIN #1 GT1 that was raffled off by the Corvette Museum was the yellow Z06.

Be very curious to find out who had your #1 black Z06 GT1 first and how it made it's way into your hands.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 PM
grandsport4me1963
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool indeed. I'll update the table with OH as it's current location.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 PM
C4Rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rrankins
Well, I just answered my own question.
I looked it up and the Z06 VIN #1 GT1 that was raffled off by the Corvette Museum was the yellow Z06.

Be very curious to find out who had your #1 black Z06 GT1 first and how it made it's way into your hands.
First owner was successful business owner in Indy, had many cars, and was a big customer of local Chevy dealer who told me they "lobbied for months and pulled strings to get a #1 GT1 car" for their best customer.

Sadly, the owner was diagnosed with cancer last spring and died in August. His wife was moving to FL and selling her husbands 'baby' thru a local car broker. I'd been watching these GT1 cars with interest but no real intent to buy. But, I'm retiring this year so this became my 'retirement gift' to myself as just couldnt pass it up.

Been researching the car so much I feel like "Inspector Clouseau" tracking down clues/leads. My biggest 'find' was a video taken at Sebring showing this car being driven by the C6R drivers. The video also shows Oliver Beretta signing the console lid!! That was amazing... a total surprise. I stumbled across all that after buying the car. Still adding to the story. Binder about 1" think already.

Who knows... maybe next owner will simply pitch all of it. Hopefully not. Just feel I should gather up all I can find while still somewhat fresh.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:14 PM
rrankins
Pro

First owner was successful business owner in Indy, had many cars, and was a big customer of local Chevy dealer who told me they "lobbied for months and pulled strings to get a #1 GT1 car" for their best customer.

Sadly, the owner was diagnosed with cancer last spring and died in August. His wife was moving to FL and selling her husbands 'baby' thru a local car broker. I'd been watching these GT1 cars with interest but no real intent to buy. But, I'm retiring this year so this became my 'retirement gift' to myself as just couldnt pass it up.

Been researching the car so much I feel like "Inspector Clouseau" tracking down clues/leads. My biggest 'find' was a video taken at Sebring showing this car being driven by the C6R drivers. The video also shows Oliver Beretta signing the console lid!! That was amazing... a total surprise. I stumbled across all that after buying the car. Still adding to the story. Binder about 1" think already.

Who knows... maybe next owner will simply pitch all of it. Hopefully not. Just feel I should gather up all I can find while still somewhat fresh.
That's cool to find the video of the unveiling - I remember watching that on Youtube while I was anxiously waiting for my car to be built.
Does your car have any other autographs on it besides Beretta's?
I've gotten my fuel rail covers and the inside of my console lid signed by the various Corvette Racing drivers (including Ron Fellows).
I met Harlan Charles at Corvettes at Carlisle in 2009 and foolishly didn't think to have him or any other GM personnel come over and sign some part of my car. DOH!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM
C4Rider
Intermediate

Very Nice!! You do have lots sigs!! I like the yellow ink on the engine.. isnt it amazing how you cant read their sigs? Took me forever to figure out who signed mine. I'll try to post a pic of my console lid here for comparison.. Looks like Beretta signed your lid (back one) and maybe Gavin too (front one).

Also.. I have an odd sounding request. Wondering if you (or other GT1 owners) might have a closeup picture of the passenger side grab bar? I'm trying to compare what appears to be a glitch in the stitching on mine just above the door release button to determine if all are that way, or if its only on mine. The above pic almost shows it. Anyway, appreciate if you have anything to show. Maybe I can post a picture of that too... never posted pix here so have to figure it out first.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM
rrankins
Pro

Yeah, their signatures are pretty indecipherable.
Left to right on the center console, I'm pretty sure they are as follows:

Oliver Gavin
Ron Fellows
Johnny O'Connell
Jan Magnusson
Olivier Beretta

On the first fuel rail cover it's:
Olivier Beretta
Oliver Gavin
Tommy Milner

On the second Fuel rail cover it's:
Johnny O'Connell
Antonio Garcia
Jan Magnusson
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 PM
rrankins
Pro

Very Nice!! You do have lots sigs!! I like the yellow ink on the engine.. isnt it amazing how you cant read their sigs? Took me forever to figure out who signed mine. I'll try to post a pic of my console lid here for comparison.. Looks like Beretta signed your lid (back one) and maybe Gavin too (front one).

Also.. I have an odd sounding request. Wondering if you (or other GT1 owners) might have a closeup picture of the passenger side grab bar? I'm trying to compare what appears to be a glitch in the stitching on mine just above the door release button to determine if all are that way, or if its only on mine. The above pic almost shows it. Anyway, appreciate if you have anything to show. Maybe I can post a picture of that too... never posted pix here so have to figure it out first.
Here's a couple pics of the grab bar I was able to zoom in on and crop from other pics (Sorry, car is put away for winter and I can't get into it at the moment to take a fresh pic).
Hopefully these show you what you need to see.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM
C4Rider
Intermediate

"http://http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly??fid[/URL]

OK... lets see if this works. This is my first pic.

Your pic also shows a bit of a turn in the stitching above the button, too. This is my grab bar. It seems to have even more of a turn-in in the stitching...kinda looks more like a flaw. just wondered if all of them were made like this, and all part of the clues I'm tracking a pic of the NY Auto Show GT1 car.

[Well.. that didnt work so well. Let me keep trying]

Last edited by C4Rider; 02-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 PM
rrankins
Pro

To attach a pic, click on the Insert Image icon (the one that look like a mountain) and then type in the full URL where the picture is hosted.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
C4Rider
Intermediate

FINALLY!! OK.. heres the pic of my grab bar. Stitching is crooked right above the button. Seems a bit more than yours, but maybe not. I'll work on getting pic of signatures.

Last edited by C4Rider; 02-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 GT1 Championship Edition Roster

Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM
rrankins
Pro

I'd say yours looks pretty similar to mine. Don't know if it's so much a "flaw" or just that it gets tucked in there because of the door release button.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 PM
C4Rider
Intermediate

Heres the sig pic. Left to right, Oliver Gavin, Marcel Fassler, Olivier Beretta. Think you'll see similarities with your sigs. I have no signatures on my fuel rail covers. BTW... your engine looks outstanding!! Very Clean!

I assume all the promo cars were signed by the appropriate drivers? That is, yellow cars signed by #3 C6R drivers.. and the above (#4 drivers) signed the black cars. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited by C4Rider; 02-16-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM
rrankins
Pro

Heres the sig pic. Left to right, Oliver Gavin, Marcel Fassler, Olivier Beretta. Think you'll see similarities with your sigs. I have no signatures on my fuel rail covers. BTW... your engine looks outstanding!! Very Clean!

I assume all the promo cars were signed by the appropriate drivers? That is, yellow cars signed by #3 C6R drivers.. and the above (#4 drivers) signed the black cars. Anyone know for sure?
Don't know for sure, but that seems to be the case. .
That's how I had my fuel rail covers signed - #3 drivers on one side, #4 drivers on the other.
I got the first 2 on each side at the ALMS race at Lime Rock in 2010, and got Tommy Milner and Antonio Garcia at Lime Rock last year.

Quick Reply: 2009 GT1 Championship Edition Roster