C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone w/LG 1 7/8 headers & B&B Fusions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Anyone w/LG 1 7/8 headers & B&B Fusions?

If you have this setup, with high-flow cats, please post a video or link to video of your exhaust.

I will have this setup in a week, and want to know if anyone else has this.

How is it in the closed position? I will only use open exhaust when on the track.

Currently, I have Corsa Sport mufflers....too raspy for me, and IT DOES DRONE on the highway! I can't stand how on every thread of exhausts, people say " get Corsa, absolutely no drone".....maybe WITHOUT HEADERS it's fine......but with headers, I have it and it must go.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
If you have this setup, with high-flow cats, please post a video or link to video of your exhaust.

I will have this setup in a week, and want to know if anyone else has this.

How is it in the closed position? I will only use open exhaust when on the track.

Currently, I have Corsa Sport mufflers....too raspy for me, and IT DOES DRONE on the highway! I can't stand how on every thread of exhausts, people say " get Corsa, absolutely no drone".....maybe WITHOUT HEADERS it's fine......but with headers, I have it and it must go.

I have a similar setup. LG 1 3/4" Super-pros with high flow cats and B&B Fusions. My car has a cam and blower, though. Sounds sooo much better than the Corsa sports that were on the car when I bought it.

You might be disapointed about the 'drone' in my opinion. I thought my Corsas had ZERO (and I had them with my cam and headers), but I just didn't like their tone. The Fusions have just a little bit of resonance in quiet mode at low rpm. Not much at all, but more than the Corsa in my opinion.

Oh, and it's loud with the flaps open. Video was when the car was just a cam/header setup. flaps were open

Last edited by Streetk14; 08-19-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Besides the drone on highway, how was the volume at other rpms? So, It sounds like I might have to add some additional resonators then to quiet it down some.....Or should I just put on Stock Z06 bi-mode mufflers? I also have them coming here shortly, so I can try both at the same time.

I figure if the closed of the Z06 is nice and quiet with no drone, and the open is decent, I will leave it alone. If it's not loud enough on the loud side, I can do the internal muffler mod myself.

I mainly wanted to try the B&B fusions because they are bi-mode and will last forever....pretty sure the stock Z06 mufflers won't last more than 10 years.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Besides the drone on highway, how was the volume at other rpms? So, It sounds like I might have to add some additional resonators then to quiet it down some.....Or should I just put on Stock Z06 bi-mode mufflers? I also have them coming here shortly, so I can try both at the same time.

I figure if the closed of the Z06 is nice and quiet with no drone, and the open is decent, I will leave it alone. If it's not loud enough on the loud side, I can do the internal muffler mod myself.

I mainly wanted to try the B&B fusions because they are bi-mode and will last forever....pretty sure the stock Z06 mufflers won't last more than 10 years.

I love the Fusions - for me they are perfect. The quiet mode is definitely quieter than my Corsas were. But with a cam and headers, it isn't quiet. Probably mainly the cam to blame there.

I actually went through the same dilemma. I had a set of '08 NPP mufflers ordered (my 3" x-pipe necks down to 2.5" at the axle back) , but changed my mind when I found a great deal on the Fusions. But I'm really picky about the exhaust tone on my cars, and just wasn't too big on the 'poppy' NPP sound. I listened to a TON of youtube videos before I decided, lol. I also decided the NPP 'quiet' mode was just too quiet and I wasn't ever going to want to use it.

I also really like the B&B vacuum control system, which includes a vacuum ball. Combined with a one-way valve (from a Turbo Audi), and I have full control of my exhaust. I could run the Texas Mile with the exhaust flaps closed. I can park the car, come out a week later, and operate the valves open and closed without starting the engine. Good stuff...

I actually keep the valves closed most of the time. Depends on if I feel like being obnoxious or not. If I have a chance today, I'll take a video in the car.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Any luck taking video with the flaps open and closed so i can hear the difference?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 AM
myvette_99
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Video of mine.
2007 ls2 LG 1-3/4 super pros w/ hi flow cats and x-pipe. B&B fusion exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl4qzJo5Tsk

Only on the loud side, but you will get more of an idea what it will should like.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone w/LG 1 7/8 headers & B&B Fusions?

Quick Reply: Anyone w/LG 1 7/8 headers & B&B Fusions?