C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those interested in the OBX C6 axle-back exhaust - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default For those interested in the OBX C6 axle-back exhaust - Installed

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Car is a 2006 I found locally for an excellent price. My first Corvette, Z51 6 speed. 17,500 miles.

I have been trying to decide on which exhaust to buy and watching/searching the forum for suggestions. I came across the OBX brand axle back modeled after another mainstream exhaust. I was hesitant because of the price and mixed reviews of their other products. At the local car swap meet today I found the OBX axle-back setup taken off a wrecked C6 and jumped on it due to the price.

I installed the exhaust this afternoon. Fitment was excellent with no issues at all. Tips are flat and level with an excellent look behind the car. Sound is great, minimal drone for straight through mufflers. Loud when you're on the pedal, but not obnoxious. I am planning on doing longtubes and an X-pipe, intake, and tune next. I will post a picture of the tips and fitment when it stops raining. If anyone has any additional questions post them or PM me.

Thanks for the excellent advice I've observed so far.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:29 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Good news. Looking forward to the pictures.

Quick Reply: For those interested in the OBX C6 axle-back exhaust - Installed