C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Door Panel Re-Install Method

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 01:18 PM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for reviving this thread. I will retain it for the time I want to replace my speakers. Very helpful.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:18 PM
Vetteran63
Heel & Toe

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I installed ghost lights in my doors last w/e. Of all the cars I’ve had and worked on, what I expected to be the quickest, simplest reassembly turned out to be a frustrating fight, especially with the driver’s side. I finally resorted to forums for tips, and found many methods claimed to work well. I had already tried a few of those methods beforehand with no avail. But one I had not, and mostly because it was an opposite approach to every door panel I had ever applied before. I’ve always started by hooking the top, then swinging the bottom down, mainly because older door panels had that lock button protruding out the top. Well, this method suggestion was lining up the pins and snapping them in first (window down, of course). Then close the door, and from the outside grab the top edge of the panel then pull up and toward yourself. I took it a step further by smearing a little white lithium grease on the metal rail at the clip locations first and it snapped into place, smooth as butter!

Quick Reply: Easy Door Panel Re-Install Method