C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Carlisle--Travel Alert if you use Route 15 around Williamsport, PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

Default Going to Carlisle--Travel Alert if you use Route 15 around Williamsport, PA

Just a reminder for our northern Corvette friends using US Route 15 South/North around the Williamsport, PA area.....It's Little League World Series time and there is a local team in the hunt so the crowds have been huge....over 30,000 per day when Keystone plays....they play again on Thursday....so to avoid the tremendous congestion.....when you start around Williamsport.....don't get onto Route 15 or you're in trouble....continue on I-180 around the east side to I-80 west....cross the river and then rejoin Route 15 South....you'll be glad you did....it has been total gridlock at times. So if you are coming down Thursday, Friday or Saturday I would avoid the area....then if you are going back north on Sunday....I would do the reverse....jump on I-80 north of Lewisburg....cross the river and head north on I-180 and you will miss the mess! Have a safe trip!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
monza_man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tractman
Just a reminder for our northern Corvette friends using US Route 15 South/North around the Williamsport, PA area.....It's Little League World Series time and there is a local team in the hunt so the crowds have been huge....over 30,000 per day when Keystone plays....they play again on Thursday....so to avoid the tremendous congestion.....when you start around Williamsport.....don't get onto Route 15 or you're in trouble....continue on I-180 around the east side to I-80 west....cross the river and then rejoin Route 15 South....you'll be glad you did....it has been total gridlock at times. So if you are coming down Thursday, Friday or Saturday I would avoid the area....then if you are going back north on Sunday....I would do the reverse....jump on I-80 north of Lewisburg....cross the river and head north on I-180 and you will miss the mess! Have a safe trip!
Thanks for the heads up, my dad is coming down that way I'll let him know.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

ttt....to hep the folks coming to Carlisle this weekend......

Get notified of new replies

To Going to Carlisle--Travel Alert if you use Route 15 around Williamsport, PA

Quick Reply: Going to Carlisle--Travel Alert if you use Route 15 around Williamsport, PA