C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M2W manual/remote switch tutorial?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
carl3989
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 549 Likes on 263 Posts
USN

Default M2W manual/remote switch tutorial?

So my M2W remote is taped to the console and works fine. I would prefer the look of a manual switch with a light but don't know if it would work in consort with the remote fob. Plus with out a tutorial I would not want to start messing with wires etc.. I did a search and found a good tutorial for the LG Motorsport system such as the Man. **** and others but not one that incorporates both the M2W remote and a manual button I could install on the console. Need help please.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure why you want both the M2W and a switch. Adding a switch to the M2W would probably only disable or enable it. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

I suggest running it to the top of the dead pedal, here is a link that explains that, a link that shows the wiring hook up, a photo of the switch I used and 2 photos of my install, works like a champ

<CLICK HERE> For wiring specifics

<CLICK HERE> For dead-pedal specifics
Attached Images    
Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 PM
carl3989
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

USN

Originally Posted by B y r o n
Not sure why you want both the M2W and a switch. Adding a switch to the M2W would probably only disable or enable it. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
I would like to install a hard wired switch on the console and also be able to show off the NPP exhaust from outside the car with the remote. So you think it would be a either/ or situation?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carl3989
I would like to install a hard wired switch on the console and also be able to show off the NPP exhaust from outside the car with the remote. So you think it would be a either/ or situation?

Thinking out loud here to try and see what would work. The M2W starts in the "Off" state, no power to the NPP, which means the exhaust flaps will remain open when the car is first started. A hard wired switch performs the same function, switch off - open pipes, switch on - flaps closed below 3000 RPM.

To link the two where they would both work may be a little complicated. If you piggy back both option to the fuse box you would be able to turn the NPP on from either switch or M2w but not be able to turn it off because the other would/could still be providing power.

It would actually require a second switch and relay that would switch the power between the two (M2W & manual switch). I can work out a wiring diagram but do you really want to go through all the trouble?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
carl3989
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

USN

Default Thanks Byron,

Originally Posted by B y r o n
Thinking out loud here to try and see what would work. The M2W starts in the "Off" state, no power to the NPP, which means the exhaust flaps will remain open when the car is first started. A hard wired switch performs the same function, switch off - open pipes, switch on - flaps closed below 3000 RPM.

To link the two where they would both work may be a little complicated. If you piggy back both option to the fuse box you would be able to turn the NPP on from either switch or M2w but not be able to turn it off because the other would/could still be providing power.

It would actually require a second switch and relay that would switch the power between the two (M2W & manual switch). I can work out a wiring diagram but do you really want to go through all the trouble?
Electronics are one of the black magic arts to me such as alchemy. So perhaps I shal have to find a way to cover the remote so it looks like a standard switch rather than a remote taped to the console.LOL
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I just leave mine in the cup holder with the lid closed.

Get notified of new replies

To M2W manual/remote switch tutorial?

Quick Reply: M2W manual/remote switch tutorial?