C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Headlight haze

Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
sportcruiser
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RLSebring
Those rubber boots seem to prone to coming ajar or totally off. In general moisture is recognized by GM as normal as listed in the owners manual. Once you have moisture letting the low beams burn for a while generally heats things up enough to dry it out.

More extreme cases may take a few days to dry out. The contaminates in the moisture will stick to the inside of the lens and build up and eventually will start looking like haze. Dust other other stuff can get into the lights and also start building up a coating inside.

I had a low beam boot that just wouldn't stay on and came a little loose allowing 2 spiders at different times come in and make the inside on my bezel home for a while.
Yep. If the boots will let in moisture they will also let in dirt. Maybe some RTV on the boots?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 PM
White Ice
Intermediate

The haze to me looks just like the windows inside my house after a few months . I guess the best thing is i cant see them while i'm driving.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:16 AM
inner3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer(not the one that sold the car) told GM that the hazing on the inside of my lens is not a defect but came from the previous owner putting in brighter light bulbs and that's what made the inside haze. Sounds good, but who knows if the previous owner really did that? Either way, GM won't do anything to help. Guess I should have known that. I will speak to the dealer I bought the car from, as in actually the owner of the dealership because I know him pretty well. But I'm afraid he may give me the run around too. My wife also has a Chevy and will look at getting another car soon, I may not encourage her to buy another Chevy product because yu would think GM would do all they can for their flagship line. I'm possibly doing a car show this weekend and have to go in with crappy headlights. But that is what I'll tell the dealer because his name is still on the car and that is a represnetation of his product when I go to car shows. It probably won't work, but it will make him think about it. Guess I have no option but to get the lens covers. Anyone who just says to suck it up and buy new headlights; if you have that kind of money sitting around then buy them for me and I'll appreciate it. But I don't have that kind of money right now so I don't have that option. I may see if RL will do the lens thing for me.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:28 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I have some new lens with slight blems for sale here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...ight-lens.html

It's a job you can do yourself and save some coins. I'll include instructions with purchase and of course I'm available on here for any additional help.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM
California Don
Drivin' The Dream
Support Corvetteforum!

I have an '06 C6 and also have a "haze" developing in the headlights. Andrew when you coming back to California?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:20 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by California Don
I have an '06 C6 and also have a "haze" developing in the headlights. Andrew when you coming back to California?
lol yes sir, Probably in Feb. or March so wife's great grandmother can see the new baby. You can't go wrong with going with RLSebring either. Great guy!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:27 PM
inner3
Pro

By the way, I was able to get new headlights!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by inner3
GM gave 'em to you?
Dealer sold 'em to you?
RLSebring fixed 'em for you?

More info, please!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
GM gave 'em to you?
Dealer sold 'em to you?
RLSebring fixed 'em for you?

More info, please!
yeah anyway. after all that, this is like a teaser. splain please!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:29 AM
inner3
Pro

lol, That is the secret to a good story.
Insurance covered it when I had some rock damage to the windshield. Body shop entered the claim and that is why they are doing the wide body on my car now. It took them a long time, but they are really being detailed on it, and I'm sure they will enjoy the nice paycheck as well. Its been 2 months now, can't believe that in a week or week and a half I will drive my car again. So long I can't believe it.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 AM
dklowrider
Drifting

lol, That is the secret to a good story.
Insurance covered it when I had some rock damage to the windshield. Body shop entered the claim and that is why they are doing the wide body on my car now. It took them a long time, but they are really being detailed on it, and I'm sure they will enjoy the nice paycheck as well. Its been 2 months now, can't believe that in a week or week and a half I will drive my car again. So long I can't believe it.
so you're saying you got your headlights replaced through fraud?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:33 PM
inner3
Pro

The fraud comes from the dealership, even though I'm close to them. They sold the car to me and said it just needed to be buffed and did a detail for me after I got the car. Still had the haze and said I think its on the inside. Went to another headlight buffer, no results. Then I asked if the extra warranty they convinced me to buy would replace them and they said no. (I will never buy that extra warranty, it does nothing). Then called GM and messaged them/filed a report for three separate cases and they still said they would do nothing. Driving down the highway and a stupid truck had rocks hit my windshield, hood, and headlights. Went to the body shop and they said if I don't replace the headlights it will eventually crack really bad. So I called insurance and they said they would take care of it for me after I sent them pics.
So no its not fraud, I had to live with my headlights looking like that for over a year.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dklowrider
so you're saying you got your headlights replaced through fraud?
Give me a break lol
Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 PM
inner3
Pro

Lol
Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 AM
dklowrider
Drifting

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Give me a break lol
oh come on. jk
Old 05-08-2012, 01:43 AM
inner3
Pro

I thought it was funny
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Lights on my '06 are ok. I do store in a garage when not in use. Maybe the hazing/crazing is accelerated by constant UV exposure in a non-garaged car?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Headlight haze

Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by C6Joy
Lights on my '06 are ok. I do store in a garage when not in use. Maybe the hazing/crazing is accelerated by constant UV exposure in a non-garaged car?
Oddly not, totally. I have seen many garage queens with crazed lens.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:26 PM
bigduke51
Cruising

Originally Posted by designerRob
Buy new lenses and fix them over a weekend.

Btw, I haven't read one thread with the same problem. I don't know why you think this is common. I have seen a lot of different vehicle headlights that haze but not one Vette. Let's see a pic or 2.
got a 2012 100yr centennial gs headlites are a mess doing the same thing baked haze inside lens dealer said they wont do anything because it will just happen again
Old 05-21-2015, 12:59 PM
inner3
Pro

I replaced these so long ago now I'm surprised this thread has been resurrected.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Headlight haze