C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Installer in So. Cal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 PM
300Z51
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Audio Installer in So. Cal

Note: I've posted this in the audio and So Cal sections. I got few responses but figured I'd try over here too, since C6 Gen gets more traffic.

So I am finally fed up with the non-aux input, non-usb, base (non bose) head unit in my '07 C6. I am actually satisfied with the sound of the system, so I just want to change the head unit for a double din unit. I'm usually a Kenwood guy for head units, but I have pretty much decided on the Pioneer AVIC X930BT since the current Kenwood double dins seem to have an extremely slow interface and there are some good deals right now on the Pioneer with the rebate. The Pioneer appears to give you the most for the money. For anyone that owns this unit, have there been any issues interfacing with the factory system and amps? Is the sound quality decreased, same, or increased?

Most importantly, does anyone know of a good installer in So Cal that has experience working with C6's. I searched the sticky thread for installers but didn't see many in my area. So far I've inquired at some chain stores and some independents, but none have made me feel 100%comfortable. Some shops are insisting that all C6's have Bose, others are telling me that since mine is not Bose, that it doesn't have factory amps, etc. etc. This misinformation kind of scares me. Thanks for any suggestions on any shops. I have also posted this in the So. Cal section of the forum.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 PM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 300Z51
...does anyone know of a good installer in So Cal that has experience working with C6's.
I used Progressive Mobile Electronics and although expensive since they use high end components, they are great installers.

Quick Reply: Audio Installer in So. Cal