C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vietnam Veterans patches and clings

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 PM
pilewis
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaupon
Glad you made it back from Phu Bai/Hue. Tough place to be during the 1968 Tet offensive. Times have really changed for the better. Many of my younger nieces and nephews do not know that I was even in Vietnam.

Wonder if the patches and window clings are still available from the old thread?

-----------------------------------------------

Wow, so many folks from Phu Bai. They were pretty much closing it down by the time I left at the end of April, 1972. I think it lasted another 6 months or so, but it was getting pretty dangerous. The Cong started marching down from the DMZ. All that was left of Phu Bai, when I left, was the 138th AVN BTN (my unit) and a small enlisted force to secure the perimeter. The hospital had been abandoned and we had to fly people to Da Nang for any medical help.

If any of you remember the quonset huts, that's where I was. After Dec. 1971, they shut down the hospital and we moved in there. Crazy thing... when I was there, the Cong used to lob 3 (and only 3) 122mm rockets each month. They never hit anything. In Feb., after we moved, they hit a quonset hut dead center. If we hadn't moved, they would have killed everyone in it.

Life is strange.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Pegaso
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you! very generous of you, will display proudly.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM
xtroms
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Don and Charles for your generosity!!!! 2 Combat Skyspot tours to VN and no welcome home at the time.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:48 PM
jshot00
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Spent 2 years on Okinawa, never made it in country. Got order to go but the ole USAF let me out 6 mos early!!
Old 11-18-2016, 09:04 AM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for continuing to provide these decals....I use them time on my other vehicles....I occasionally forget to take them off when I wash my cars at the do it yourself place.....so I will send you my request for some more....Thanks again
Phu Bai/Hue plus scenic and fun places North ....66-67

Quick Reply: Vietnam Veterans patches and clings