C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior lights, licence plate lights, swapping to led. How do u get the bulbs out!??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 PM
cnov130
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights, licence plate lights, swapping to led. How do u get the bulbs out!??

Hey guys

Just ordered the "Plug and play" led lights for the vette. Having a lot of trouble here. When people say plug and play... I think easy... I can do that.

Well after 30 mins of trying on the licence plate lights, map lights, and foot well lights. I have gotten ZERO of them out.

I am a little frustrated because if I knew they would be this hard I probably would not have bought them.

Has anyone found any easy way to get these bulbs out besides sticking some needle nose pliers in there and breaking them like some members on the forum have already done..

I also cant figure out how to get the licence plate plastic covers off the lights to get to the bulbs...

Anyone?
Thanks in Advance
Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 PM
chasboland
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Get yourself some cable ties, cinch down behind bulb and firmly pull. I changed all my bulbs to LEDs and have had no problems. Good luck
Old 10-14-2011, 07:15 PM
maaxx
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi there !

I will be following this post closely...i was thinking of buying one myself.

Thanks,
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Gang,

If I can do it - trust me - you can. Map lights - I did the same thing - put a small cable tie on it and pulled them right out... There really wasnt much too it...

I did have one issue with one of the license plate lights - i pushed the cradle down by accident and took about 15 minutes tinkering to get it back up and out...

Other than that its not too bad... Although I will say, in this day and age, pictures are great, but videos are sooo much better.. Heck I may start recording some - the rookie doing mods!

PM me if you want and you can give me a call.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Maybe these will help
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
C6 Interior LED Upgrade DIY.pdf (265.1 KB, 197 views)
File Type: pdf
C6 Footwell.pdf (476.0 KB, 112 views)
Old 10-14-2011, 07:52 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by chasboland
Get yourself some cable ties, cinch down behind bulb and firmly pull. I changed all my bulbs to LEDs and have had no problems. Good luck
Same here. Big improvement for small $$

Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 PM
cnov130
Instructor

wow some fast responses! I love corvette forum

Ok so the map lights are easy "or were for me" once i tried the zip tie method. I got lucky and had some extra small ones lying around. started the loop and wrapped it around the base of the bulb, pulled it tight enough and SLOWLY pulled on it. CAME RIGHT OUT!

The licence plate lights i removed the two tork screws and jiggled the base of the light holder out of the car. the cord screwed off and pulled those bulbs right out!

Now the foot well lights.I got the covers off carefully with a screw driver. they have tabs on the sides of the lens. once you get those off just pull the bulbs out and replace.

Thanks for the advise all. If anyone has any questions on that let me know.

PS this makes a world of difference. best 15 bucks per set of bulbs ever spent. Makes the car look way more exotic IMO.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 PM
cnov130
Instructor

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
Maybe these will help
Thanks Wish I would have known about these before. I didnt get any instructions. The lights look amazing. I plan to order the reverse lights very soon. Worth every dollar once there in there Thanks guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Interior lights, licence plate lights, swapping to led. How do u get the bulbs out!??

Quick Reply: Interior lights, licence plate lights, swapping to led. How do u get the bulbs out!??