C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request for GM Customer Service Rep on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like maybe GM should recruit certain members from here to open corvette only warranty centers to actually help owners instead of frustrating them and effing their cars in the process. Just sayin...
Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

My GS top creaked from the beginning. I took the car into my dealer last August to have some service work done. I told them about the top. They fixed it. After ten months of the noise, it has not done it again. It can be remedied, and Rydell in Northridge, Ca. can fix it.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 AM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
My 09 rattles like ****, this thread helped me make up my mind to live with it...
You don't have to live with it.

There are DIY fixes. Start with a lube job... this fixed the top noise my 09 coupe developed. It's routine maintenance!

I use Super Lube ($6 from Ace Hardware), some clean rags & Q-tips. Put the top on soft blankets & carpet for easy access.

Be sure to read this:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...long-post.html

Hopefully the lube will fix your noisy roof. If not, the above thread has other possible solutions.

Just don't over-lube it -- too much makes a mess:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ships-fix.html

Last edited by CO Lightfoot; 11-16-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:30 AM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
I use Super Lube ($6 from Ace Hardware), some clean rags & Q-tips. Put the top on soft blankets & carpet for easy access. ..
Sounds good. So someone should send a tube of this stuff (with instructions) to:

Joe M Childers
Saltillo, MS 38866

It will make his day!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by brettbolt
Sounds good. So someone should send a tube of this stuff (with instructions) to:

Joe M Childers
Saltillo, MS 38866

It will make his day!
this guy is pretty old, doubtful he can even remove the roof panel himself...
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

You don't have to live with it.

There are DIY fixes. Start with a lube job... this fixed the top noise my 09 coupe developed. It's routine maintenance!

I use Super Lube ($6 from Ace Hardware), some clean rags & Q-tips. Put the top on soft blankets & carpet for easy access.

Be sure to read this:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...long-post.html

Hopefully the lube will fix your noisy roof. If not, the above thread has other possible solutions.

Just don't over-lube it -- too much makes a mess:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ships-fix.html
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
00vettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess Justin, GM Customer Service Rep who frequents this forum, does NOT intend to contact this individual. If you have contacted him PM me and let me know. I think questions should be asked regarding this individual resorting to writing the "Letter to the Editor" in Corvette Magazine. Justin, I would explain my interest in this via PM, if your PM box was not full. I will say I have a long-term investment in GM and certainly do not want these types of concerns to go unanswered.
Ken
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 00vettefan
I guess Justin, GM Customer Service Rep who frequents this forum, does NOT intend to contact this individual. If you have contacted him PM me and let me know. I think questions should be asked regarding this individual resorting to writing the "Letter to the Editor" in Corvette Magazine. Justin, I would explain my interest in this via PM, if your PM box was not full. I will say I have a long-term investment in GM and certainly do not want these types of concerns to go unanswered.
Ken
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ect-sun-2.html

Do you think I should hold my breath on this account? If someone from GM contacts me, I'll let you know
Old 11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
RJ111
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I called the 800 number about a problem with my new Grandsport.And the lady could barely speak English....What a joke.....
Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
I spoke to a Customer service rep on here and they were NO HELP at all. Good luck to ya

Unfortunately, the Customer Service Reps. on this Forum seem to be more like "cheerleaders"/PR people for GM. If any Forum members have been actually helped by contacting any of them I would like to know. Maybe, I would change my opinion.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 89L98
Unfortunately, the Customer Service Reps. on this Forum seem to be more like "cheerleaders"/PR people for GM. If any Forum members have been actually helped by contacting any of them I would like to know. Maybe, I would change my opinion.
Very well put, PR cheerleading is all what CS reps input and impact are around here... Personally, I find this place way more helpful than anything will ever offer to the owners of their premium car and this is just beyond sad
Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I got a good laugh out of all of this.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by DENS TOY
You bought a chevolet not a cadillac,this is the kind of serivce you get. get used to it.
That's exactly why I bring my 05 to a Caddy dealer to do any extended warranty work.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Yawlak80-86
Racer

Default GM lost me, my family, and many friends.

GM customer service is actually GM corporate defense. They rarely resolve anything. They have no power over dealerships. They seem to only take information to determine if customer is a monetary threat to company, (does he have a case he can win in court).

I bought a G8 GT a couple of years ago that was a lemon. 4 dealers in 2 states couldn't or wouldn't fix it. Gm denied my request to buy car back, undo the deal and give me my trade back, or get me another. 2 Lawyers told me I have valid lemon law case but may take years to resolve in which time I still have to pay for, and insure the car while it sits in my garage unused, (the car had serious issues and was undependable). My isues began in 1st week of ownership. Customer service even told me that the car was sold and returned out of state! The car was not titled so it could be resold as new. (the dealer never disclosed that the car was previously sold, they said only that it came in from out of state. Paperwork said it was a new car. I traded it after 4 months and 2500 miles at a 10k loss for a used c6.

I will never buy another new GM vehicle, only used C6s from now on. I would never go to a dealer even for warranty repairs again. They couldn't care less of your actual satisfaction. They only wish you to fill out the survey card favorably towards them. One writer tried to guilt me into a good survey saying it was not his fault the dealer sucked!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
67GTX
Heel & Toe

My last vehicle was a 2008 HHR - SS. I posted on the HHR forum about a problem I was having with my SS on the A/C. One day after posting, a GM service rep. on the forum, PMed me and asked me to PM her to describe my problem with the vehicle. The next day she PMed me and said she was starting a claim at GM. The next day a rep. from GM called me and said she contacted the local dealer and me to call the dealer. I did, and they had me bring the vehice back. Two days later the problem was solved.

I was pleased with the service reps. that posts on the HHR forum.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 PM
00vettefan
Instructor

I guess Justin, GM Customer Service Rep, is no longer employed by GM.

I must be a damn fool for thinking that someone would be willing to resolve this 77 year old man's corvette issues. It is a sad day in our world.

Obviously if one frequents this forum, GM is losing BIG time in corvette customer satisfaction! There are dealership nightmares reported on a continous basis on this corvette forum and MANY owners that are totally dissatisfied with GM customer service to resolve issues that dealerships FAIL on.

Will GM and Corvette survive in the long run? Only time will tell, but it appears that their demise may come.

Ken
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

In this case its amazing that the forum's Customer Service Rep has not logged in on this chain of events. That being said aren't there any of my fellow Corvette owners that are happy with there cars? I really don't understand why some of the posters on this forum don't sell there cars and buy something else since all they seem to do is bitch!

Get notified of new replies

To Request for GM Customer Service Rep on this forum

Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 00vettefan
This quote came from Jan/2012 Corvette Magazine page 14.

" I am through with the Corvette. I paid $ 62,000 in cash for an '09 coupe. The top has squeaked from the get-go. Two dealerships tried to correct the problem to no avail. The last service manager told me not to bring it back again. I am 77 years old and have owned at least 40 new cars, but have never been treated with less respect by a dealer. Joe M. Childers, Saltillo, Ms."

I would appreciate GM Customer Service Rep contacting this individual and trying to resolve his Corvette problems. Though this individual may not have many years left to buy vehicles; this person deserves better if this is all true and accurate info.

I quick search on anywho.com (public information website) reveals a:

Joe M Childers
Saltillo, MS 38866
Mr. Childers address and phone number are listed on the website.

I request that this individual's Corvette issues be addressed and maybe the service manager receive training in customer relations.
Ken
Ken, you might be off-base on this one.

Noisy tops are a well-known resolvable C6 issue. For my 09, a simple maintenance lube fixes & prevents it. If that hadn't worked for me, there are other well-documented steps to fixing a noisy top.

That is, I don't think a noisy top is the real issue -- especially if two dealerships supposedly couldn't fix it.

I'm guessing there's a lot more going on here, maybe some kind of history with Joe. Otherwise, I have a hard time believing a Service Manager would be disrespectful to a customer and tell him "not to bring it back again."

Or maybe this is just a tactic in spoiled-old-rich-guy Ebenezer Joe's master plan to get a deal on another new car. After owning at least 40 new cars, I bet he knows how to get what he wants.

Or maybe Joe misunderstood the Service Manager. Or maybe the SM is already looking for a new job.

Anyway, it's probably all moot by now... I bet old Joe has already moved on to yet another new car and another dealership.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
In this case its amazing that the forum's Customer Service Rep has not logged in on this chain of events. That being said aren't there any of my fellow Corvette owners that are happy with there cars? I really don't understand why some of the posters on this forum don't sell there cars and buy something else since all they seem to do is bitch!
Why is this amazing? It is expected. Gotta love your attitude, if you do not want to put up with a shiitty service, just sell a car, surely speaks volumes of customer car and sounds just like what the dealership typical response is. And gotta news for you, more and more people do walk away from GM and especially corvette.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Ken, you might be off-base on this one.

Noisy tops are a well-known resolvable C6 issue. For my 09, a simple maintenance lube fixes & prevents it. If that hadn't worked for me, there are other well-documented steps to fixing a noisy top.

That is, I don't think a noisy top is the real issue -- especially if two dealerships supposedly couldn't fix it.

I'm guessing there's a lot more going on here, maybe some kind of history with Joe. Otherwise, I have a hard time believing a Service Manager would be disrespectful to a customer and tell him "not to bring it back again."

Or maybe this is just a tactic in spoiled-old-rich-guy Ebenezer Joe's master plan to get a deal on another new car. After owning at least 40 new cars, I bet he knows how to get what he wants.

Or maybe Joe misunderstood the Service Manager. Or maybe the SM is already looking for a new job.

Anyway, it's probably all moot by now... I bet old Joe has already moved on to yet another new car and another dealership.
Really? I was told that this is only a chevy, if I want better quality and finish, I should buy a LEXUS! A dealer service rep told me this too

Quick Reply: Request for GM Customer Service Rep on this forum