C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request for GM Customer Service Rep on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My point is I love my car. There are problems with all cars and all brands have ****** dealers. But I will tell you if after spending $60,000 on this car if I wasn't happy with it or couldn't find a decent dealer to work on it I wouldn't keep it and just bitch about it.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
Really? I was told that this is only a chevy, if I want better quality and finish, I should buy a LEXUS! A dealer service rep told me this too
Heard something similar from a F*rd dealership 20 years ago and haven't and won't step foot in another since! Every hear it from a GM dealer and I'll be done with them as well. So far, they may not have been perfect, but ultimately, I've gotten any issues I've had resolved. Best "service" I've gotten, was from Honda, best service I've seen, my parents Buick.........and even they traded it for a Lexus......
Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by XTRME 94
Heard something similar from a F*rd dealership 20 years ago and haven't and won't step foot in another since! Every hear it from a GM dealer and I'll be done with them as well. So far, they may not have been perfect, but ultimately, I've gotten any issues I've had resolved. Best "service" I've gotten, was from Honda, best service I've seen, my parents Buick.........and even they traded it for a Lexus......
If Lexus offered a manual tranny V8 two door, I may seriously consider...Perhaps if Huyndai boosted up power in Genesis, I may consider trading sideways... I am very frustrated because I love my cars but the support from the dealer truly blows. I agree about Honda service, top notch, too bad no interesting cars on the lot..
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,057 Posts

With the exception of three years, I have owned nothing but GM products for the last 35 years. Eight GM cars total, including 4 Vettes since 1997. With the exception of one case in 1985, which was quickly taken care of by a Chevrolet zone office, I have had outstanding service by the GM dealership. However, I have only taken my cars to the same dealership and would recommend their service department to anyone. Now their body shop is another story.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

I agree about Honda service, top notch, too bad no interesting cars on the lot..
Which is why I stopped buying Hondas.......
Old 11-17-2011, 10:06 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by XTRME 94
Which is why I stopped buying Hondas.......
Maybe Honda or Toyota can start selling rebadged vettes like they sold Isuzu in the past? Now, there is a thought, I bet they would have a better quality control than the one at BG currently.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by last901
We are fortunate here in the Seattle area to have some highly recommended shops. I'm confident I will have no problem with any of them. :
Take your vette to Dan at Corvettes of Auburn...the man to fix your car.
just sayin...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Here is an iteresting nugget: both BG and GM reps stated clearly they never ever go by what is being said on the forums like this one and strictly rely on dealer input only. If this is the case, who is the entity claiming to be GM customer service around here and why on BG home page, CF and other forums are advertised. BTW, when selling AMERICAN cars, having someone fluent in English should be a no brainer, BG person easy to understand but the one at GM, OMG...sounded like the guy from Sprint commercials.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:29 PM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yawlak80-86
I will never buy another new GM vehicle, only used C6s from now on. I would never go to a dealer even for warranty repairs again. They couldn't care less of your actual satisfaction. ...
I agree, the 3 year warranty in many cases is of no help.

Long ago I bought a new 95 Camaro Z28. When I had an automatic transmission problem, I learned how worthless the 3 year warranty was. I went to the dealer 3 times and even their 'experts, in consultation with GM engineers' couldn't fix it. Rather than go through the hassle of fighting GM, I sold the car. I DID tell the new owner about the strange transmission clunk sound when it downshifted, and he still bought the car.

So I bought my current C6 used, with about 10 months left on the warranty. Even though there were problems, I didn't bother going to the dealer. Instead, I bought the service manuals and fixed the issues myself (with the help of info on this forum).
Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Yawlak80-86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line is: No matter what vehicle you purchase, it's a crap shoot. My former G8 was a rolling turd. Others were not. One of the hosts of the english Top Gear show fell in love with the Ford GT on the show so he bought one. It was always broken. Look it up online.

Having issues with a car is normal. Man has not figured out how to build the perfect machine. What seperates the good auto makers from the bad is how they treat their customers when there is a problem. Everything is golden when you first buy a car, (the honeymoon phase), When the car has problems, it sucks, but that's when you realize what kind of company you're dealing with. I came to realize that GM is not a company that cares for it's customers if it's the slightest bit inconvienient for them.

I say buy what you like and work a way around the issues. I Love Corvettes, but I Hate GM so I will eliminate my exposure to GM by purchasing used and fixing the car myself, (I'm a former tech w/ 30 years exp - I can do that).

If you like your Vette or whatever, but hate the service, find a good independant shop, and bring the car there for repairs. When it comes time for something new, buy a clean low mileage car, get a GMPP, (they cover repairs buy independants), and be happy because you saved a ton of money. A few months ago, I picked up an 07 Z w/ 2,800 miles on it for 43k. The 1st owner paid over 40k to drive that car for 1 oil change. Now I have a 3k mile Z for less than a loaded Camaro.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
s420merc
Instructor

Its all this crap that keeps me from buying a C6
I currently have a Mercedes and love the service
I really want a C6 but all the dealer nightmares scare me
The only GM dealer by my house sucks and i would have to
Drive 50-60 miles to Paramus Chevy
not an option for me i might wait for the Jaguar CX16 or new M3
Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
Unfortunately, the Customer Service Reps. on this Forum seem to be more like "cheerleaders"/PR people for GM. If any Forum members have been actually helped by contacting any of them I would like to know. Maybe, I would change my opinion.
The only posts I recall ever reading from them are "Please keep us posted", "Did you get your issue resolved", "Your best bet is to contact your dealer", and "Thanks for letting us know about your good dealer experience." Granted, maybe they just don't post about when they actually help someone but if that's the case it makes it tough to know if they actually have a hand in solving problems.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:51 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
Ken, you might be off-base on this one.

Noisy tops are a well-known resolvable C6 issue. For my 09, a simple maintenance lube fixes & prevents it. If that hadn't worked for me, there are other well-documented steps to fixing a noisy top.

That is, I don't think a noisy top is the real issue -- especially if two dealerships supposedly couldn't fix it.

I'm guessing there's a lot more going on here, maybe some kind of history with Joe. Otherwise, I have a hard time believing a Service Manager would be disrespectful to a customer and tell him "not to bring it back again."

Or maybe this is just a tactic in spoiled-old-rich-guy Ebenezer Joe's master plan to get a deal on another new car. After owning at least 40 new cars, I bet he knows how to get what he wants.

Or maybe Joe misunderstood the Service Manager. Or maybe the SM is already looking for a new job.

Anyway, it's probably all moot by now... I bet old Joe has already moved on to yet another new car and another dealership.

Lou, I believe you hit some good issues here.....there is always another side of the story.
Here we have a "third" party involved with one side of the story only. This thread sounds like the "wow, I am being picked on and that damn nasty cop gave me a ticket for no reason.
......I don't think any Corvette person hasn't heard of a sqeek or rattle somewhere in their car.....unless they are deaf. Just my opinion
Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Yawlak80-86
Racer

Default Another thought

You think GM cares about a few customers complaints in proportion to the amount of cars sold. Nope! In most cases it's more cost effective to lose that customer then to satisfy them. This is an acceptable loss for them as they just consider it the cost of doing business. It's only about the numbers.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
s420merc
Instructor

You think GM cares about a few customers complaints in proportion to the amount of cars sold. Nope! In most cases it's more cost effective to lose that customer then to satisfy them. This is an acceptable loss for them as they just consider it the cost of doing business. It's only about the numbers.
If they dont care here are some numbers i will take my hard earned $65k and walk it down to the BMW dealer where they give a damn what ur experience is like. No car is perfect but when my E46 had issues they were fixed promptly and my car was treated with kid gloves and respect.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:48 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Understood about the economics but being part of their collateral damage still blows.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Yawlak80-86
Racer

Understood about the economics but being part of their collateral damage still blows.

I couldn't agree more!!!

I was previously a GM fan. I grew up in an all GM Family, My Father's 1st new car was a 70 Monte. My first car, (used) was a 70 Monte. My sisters first new car was an 88 Monte. I am a third generation Auto Technician and repair shop owner. I have owned over 20 cars to date, (about 17 GM), some new, some used. Now it feels like betrayal. All those years of loyalty and they tossed me like I was nothing!

I was reasonable and understanding when it came to my lemon in 2010. I even offered them options because I am a businessman, (even offered to diagnose/repair car myself under their direction if I would be compensated for warranty time) I understand stuff happens. They shafted me!
Now I tell everyone who will listen of my negative experience with GM including a customer base of over 800 who look to me for automotive advice. How's that for your bottom line GM?

GM = Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Get notified of new replies

To Request for GM Customer Service Rep on this forum

Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 AM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Jay E
My GS top creaked from the beginning. I took the car into my dealer last August to have some service work done. I told them about the top. They fixed it. After ten months of the noise, it has not done it again. It can be remedied, and Rydell in Northridge, Ca. can fix it.
I agree. I took my 06 to Rydell 5 years ago to replace my original top and they did a great job with the painting and installation. No creaking or chirping of the new top since. I have also used them for other service with excellent results. They have several techs that are allowed to service Corvettes. Before taking the car to the service bay, the body including the condition of the underside of the rocker panel is checked for damage and rechecked after the service is completed.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Yawlak80-86
Racer

Originally Posted by s420merc
If they dont care here are some numbers i will take my hard earned $65k and walk it down to the BMW dealer where they give a damn what ur experience is like. No car is perfect but when my E46 had issues they were fixed promptly and my car was treated with kid gloves and respect.

If you like C6's like I do, (see my garage). I would find a nice, low mileage C6 used for 30 to 50 and save the rest for mods and/or personalization. Get a GMPP and bring the car to a reputable shop if it breaks, (even a BMW dealer). Whatever your choice may be, good luck to you.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
In this case its amazing that the forum's Customer Service Rep has not logged in on this chain of events. That being said aren't there any of my fellow Corvette owners that are happy with there cars? I really don't understand why some of the posters on this forum don't sell there cars and buy something else since all they seem to do is bitch!
One C4, three C5's, two c6's. No major issues. I've had three different dealers over the last 15 years, and all have been very responsive and competent.

Guess I'm just a lucky guy.

Quick Reply: Request for GM Customer Service Rep on this forum