C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAS auto shipping

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:43 PM
rondocycle
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAS auto shipping

I bought an 08 vert near Dallas Tx. and need to get it to NJ. DAS, Dependable Auto shippers gave me the best quote for enclosed top deck shipment. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Yes I know, I should be driving it home.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Did you know Fedex ships cars too? Get quotes from them and Reliable.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
roadking40
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 133 Likes on 58 Posts

Used both DAS and Reliable. Both favorable. Use enclosed, upper deck.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Kenboy
Instructor

I used Demoise Trucking to ship my street rod. Did a great job. http://www.demoise.com/ Good luck with your transport.

best, Ken .... 2008 Coupe

Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 AM
WaFp
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

I used DAS with my wife's 06 Infiniti from MD to CA. I can't say that the experience was horrible, but it was less than perfect. The car was in poor condition when it arrived (after arguing on WHERE it was to be delievered) and the customer service was pathetic. After a lot of arguing and threats of increased expense, the car was delivered 1 week late.

Do a search for DAS on the forum here and you'll find mixed reviews. If you choose to use DAS, all the best to you, but when I shipped my Vette from PA to CA I used CATS Auto Shipping. I was in Spain (I'm in the military) and the communication between CATS and my wife was great. The delievered the car to our house 2 days earlier than scheduled.

Spend some time, do the research and read ALL the reviews. Your Vette is worth the best shipping you can afford.

Good luck

Old 01-15-2010, 01:22 AM
crm-corvette
Intermediate

Do not use DAS!!! They gave me an estimated date of arrival but it does say it can vary well it arrived a full week late and you can follow online and track where your car is but for some reason they were within 30 miles from where I was gonna pick it up the day before the ETA then the car drove off almost 300 miles in a different direction before returning a week later to drop off my car... the wait was annoying but it was not the bad part... the bad part is that my car arrived and I went to pick it up and arrived slightly early... early enough to see my car completely covered in mud for some reason... They then washed it at this point I was livid... Next I get my car and there is a very large scratch on my front left quarter panel... They then tried to deny it but realized it was caused by them trailering it some how... They then gave me the insurance claim information well it took alot of bull**** time getting the approval to have the scratch fixed that they caused... but they make you pay the deductible so I had to pay 200 dollars for them scratching my car... This isnt the only time they have done this because thats when I started doing a search on them and they do this alot of the time apparently... there were several people having their car late and scratch... DO NOT USE DAS
Old 01-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I used DAS.. Car took 8.5 weeks when I was quoted 3.5 weeks. Car was absolutely filthy, missing parts and ran like crap and had a dead battery. All that for only $3200 delivered to Calgary from PA.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Jeffyvette
Drifting

Default Wow

I used DAS twice and had good luck both times. Texas to Boise,ID and then a Vette back to Texas. The guy in texas took my car and cash for his car. total for the whole thing was $1500. Yes the cars were a little dirty, but that washs off. Both cases on time delivery and a call the day before to confirm delivery time.
Jeffy'
Old 01-15-2010, 07:15 AM
rfranceschi
Navigator

Originally Posted by rondocycle
I bought an 08 vert near Dallas Tx. and need to get it to NJ. DAS, Dependable Auto shippers gave me the best quote for enclosed top deck shipment. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Yes I know, I should be driving it home.
Tom Sunday Trucking out of New Kingstown PA!!!!!!!!!!

www.sundayautotransport.com
800-541-6601 or 717-697-0939

Ask for Charlene. She shipped my vette from Chicago to NY. They picked the car up on a Tuesday and I had it that Saturday morning at 09:50 am. Go to their site and just look at the trucks/trailers/drivers that they use. Awesome people!!! Reasonable rates.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Joe C5 C2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts

When I moved from PA to AZ I contracted with DAS for the complete truck to move my "fleet" and I won't bore you with the terrible event I went through. They may be a little less expensive but it is just not worth it. I had one other car later that just came out of a restoration shop and that car came by Reliable and they were over the top in quality. Don't run but sprint away from DAS.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 PM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used DAS from Vegas to NJ and I had no problems with them. I used the enclosed option and the car arrived without a scratch. good luck.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Chas06Vette
Instructor

Used DAS to transport a car from Vegas to Dallas and it went perfectly. Car arrived on time and it was washed and ready when I arrived to pick it up.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I've seen quite a few of these threads and believe it's the luck of the draw for many. I've used DAS several times with varying results. Time delay was probably the most iritating but cars always made it OK.

Many of these companies sub out the transport to many other comapanies so you almost have to go on price for the most part. There are some specialty companies and their price will reflect. A $1000 DAS haul or a $3000. special haul...
Old 12-04-2011, 12:57 AM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

Used DAS to ship my 1992 300zx from NJ to Texas. Sold the car to a lady who paid to use them. Had a head unit that pops out to reveal an lcd screen. Made sure it worked before the car was shipped. When it arrived, the monitor did not retract any more. Also, there was an audio CD in the slot of an artist iv never heard of before. There was 5 extra miles on the car and there was a scratch on the rear fender. It also arrived much later than the due date.
She was pissed. I'm not sure what actions happened afterwards but i personally wouldn't use them.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:52 AM
4MuscleMachines
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used them twice, both enclosed. Cars came in dirty and both damaged. I am sure they were sitting on open lots too long after being transferred around. One car was worse than the other. I filed a claim and never recovered anything. Avoid them like the plague.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

As RL said above, many if not most shippers subcontract the jobs out. While I've used Passport in the past when they were not owned by FedEx, since then I know of a good example of where they subcontracted the job. I would not use them again.

I do believe you need to find a co. that doesn't have that type of policy. There is a vendor on here with a good reputation, Intercity. You may want to check their prices, too.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Charlesmiller
4th Gear

DAS is best to choose. Actually, I am living in Houston but also used DAS services and love it.

Get notified of new replies

To DAS auto shipping

Old 12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Charlesmiller
DAS is best to choose. Actually, I am living in Houston but also used DAS services and love it.
They are the WORST!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Charlesmiller
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Racer
They are the WORST!
Oh really! Have you used?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Charlesmiller
Oh really! Have you used?
Yes, did you even read the thread? Post #7.

Quick Reply: DAS auto shipping