C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best ceramic brake pad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 10:20 AM
psheldon
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ceramic pads

Originally Posted by vettelover69
What is the best ceramic brake pad to keep dust at a minimum?
I have Carbotech one piece pads on my 2012 GS. Minimal dust, no squealing and braking is excellent. Benefit of one piece pads instead of 3 padlets is more braking surface. A little more expensive, but I am very pleased with the performance.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:04 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 04-02-2017, 09:29 AM
RonNSoCal
Instructor

My 2011 coupe has 40K and needs front pads. Will replace front and back with low dust ceramic pads. Car is only used on street and in dry SoCal climate. Still considering age of car, should I have system flushed and fresh brake fluid installed? Also, can I expect need for having rotors turned or replaced? Current brake performance is excellent with no issues other than too much dust from stock pads. Car is never raced or tracked, just an ocassional romp through canyons.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:14 AM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by RonNSoCal
My 2011 coupe has 40K and needs front pads. Will replace front and back with low dust ceramic pads. Car is only used on street and in dry SoCal climate. Still considering age of car, should I have system flushed and fresh brake fluid installed? Also, can I expect need for having rotors turned or replaced? Current brake performance is excellent with no issues other than too much dust from stock pads. Car is never raced or tracked, just an ocassional romp through canyons.
If you really don't romp around with hard stops a lot, probably can go a bit more..but mileage really isn't a good indicator. Fluid color and rotor measurement are only real ways to tell. A $20 micrometer will help.

If you have the cash, i would just do it. Brake system and tires are very highly important things to stay on top of. They may save you and your car when you need them most.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:14 PM
RonNSoCal
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigMonkey73
If you really don't romp around with hard stops a lot, probably can go a bit more..but mileage really isn't a good indicator. Fluid color and rotor measurement are only real ways to tell. A $20 micrometer will help.

If you have the cash, i would just do it. Brake system and tires are very highly important things to stay on top of. They may save you and your car when you need them most.
Thanks for the good advice.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:25 PM
drive1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 360Rocket
Just put new AKIBONO ceramic pads all the way around yesterday. Seems to be a lot less dust than the factory GM pads. Feels like a better bite too.
I have Akibono's on Zimmerman rotors on my Audi A4 to test the tech before acquiring same for my 08 C6, they are great exactly as you say, so they'll be on my Vette for the track next summer, I gotta figure out some ducting as well to cool things off, what I've found so far looks klugey

Quick Reply: Best ceramic brake pad?