C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 C6 Nav Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Pixofu01
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue C6
Hi Robert - I downloaded the data from Walt's link. Worked like a champ. After you download the files, unzip them. They are ISO file that have to be burned to a CD-R. If you can't do that, PM me and I will send you the disks that I created. Passing on the good will of the Corvette Brotherhood.

Patrick
So far so good... Burned both dvd's and the updated worked. I put in an older DMB MP3 cd with about 8 complete albums, it seemed a little slow. I'm making another MP3 cd and editing the titles, just in case. Thanks Walt for the link!!! I'm ready to rock out again!!!!!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,139 Posts

You're all welcome for the 2005 NAV update files. Just checked the download site and the files have been downloaded 333 times since I first posted them in 2009.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Rogue C6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe
You're all welcome for the 2005 NAV update files. Just checked the download site and the files have been downloaded 333 times since I first posted them in 2009.
Thank you so much. It worked out for me. I sent the disks out to another forum member who asked for them!
Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Reggie smith
3rd Gear

Default Needed 05 navigation radio update 3765 Drexel Avenue Pennsauken New Jersey o8110 (cos

Originally Posted by spiritree
Having said all that, I did the update myself and have a set of the discs. It's an easy process if you follow the instructions. (FWIW, I did not use a Tech 2.) If you'd like me to send you copies of the discs, send me a PM with mailing instructions and I'll be glad to help you.
thank you for your generous offer.

Robert Quinn
47 E 1975 N
Centerville, UT 84014[/QUOTE]
Old 07-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Satch0922
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue C6
Thank you so much. It worked out for me. I sent the disks out to another forum member who asked for them!

Old thread but I picked up an 05 a few months ago. I just downloaded Walt's link. Can you burn them to DVD or do they need to be CD-R?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-14-2022, 11:56 AM
Anthony261

Default 2005 firmware update discs

Mpuzach, I have acquired my father's 05 with heads up and touch screen navigation and am experiencing the static in the radio. I know that the car is stock and has just had necessary recalls done. I am in need of having the firmware update done. If you still have the discs, a copy of them would be greatly appreciated. Let me know and I can send a ship to address. Thank you for your help!

Originally Posted by mpuzach
As Eric said, the discs for the firmware update are very different from the map discs that are updated approximately annually and that can be purchased for around $200. The firmware update is relevant for 2005s ONLY and corrects the static that sometimes occurs while listening to FM. In these instances, momentarily switching to AM and then back to FM gets rid of the static. The bigger win from doing the firmware update, though, is that it provides the head unit with MP3 disc playability. It's great being able to play CDs with over eight hours of music on them!

A couple of important things to remember before doing the firmware update:
  1. It should only be done on 2005 models.
  2. It should only be performed ONCE. Attempting to perform the update on a head unit that has already received it could cause permanent damage to the head unit.
  3. The instructions MUST be followed to the letter; any deviation could cause permanent damage to the head unit.
Here are the complete instructions:

2005: Service Bulletin: Poor and/or No Radio Reception, Intermittent Static on FM with Navigational
Radio System (Update Radio Software)

Service Bulletin #: 05-08-44-014A
Date: December 9, 2005
Subject: ASI Resolution - Poor and/or No Radio Reception, Intermittent Static on FM with Navigational Radio
System (Update Radio Software)
Model(s): 2005 Chevrolet Corvette (Domestic and Export) with Navigation Radio
Condition
Some customers may comment on the following conditions:
" Static is heard on stations with an otherwise strong signal, after the ignition is turned on.
" The radio is unable to stop at specific stations when using the "seek" function.
Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE RADIO
Important: The software is updated using a CD, not through SPS programming. New software, P/N
15853651, can be obtained from GMSPO. Dealers should retain the service CD for future use.
The software update will do the following:
" Modify the signal interface with the ARS module to correct the reception condition.
" Add an on-screen message to remind the customer that a destination is required before a route can be
planned.
" Add MP3 functionality.
The navigation/radio software, P/N 15853651, should be updated using the following procedure:
Important:
" This software can ONLY be used for updating the 2005 Corvette navigation radio, P/N 15263014. Do not
use these CDs to update any other vehicle's navigation radio. The radio part number can be verified via the
Tech 2®.
" Software CDs and a Tech 2® are required to complete this procedure.
" Use of latex gloves is recommended to avoid fingerprints on the products and/or discs.
" If the vehicle is turned "off" during updating, the "software updating" process may not work and a new
navigation radio will be required.
Follow the steps below to complete the software update.
Turn the ignition "on" with the engine "off" by holding the ignition switch in "ACC" mode for at least 10
seconds.
Open the tilt screen (navigation screen) to gain access to the DVD drive.
Eject the navigation DVD from the DVD drive (bottom slot).
Important: It may be necessary to close the radio screen for Disc 1 - Navigation to begin operation. If the
navigation software version in the navigation radio is the same or higher than v.1312, the software updating
will not start.
Insert Disc 1- Navigation software version 1312 into the DVD slot.
"Preparing to Load System Software" is displayed on the screen along with a progress bar. It will take
approximately 5 minutes for Disc 1 to load.
After Disc 1 - Navigation has completed the navigation system will automatically restart. Eject disc 1 from the
DVD slot. Insert Disc 2 - Audio software version 01.0F into the DVD slot.
1/2
Important: Approximately 10-15 seconds after inserting the disc, the screen will go blank. It will appear that
the radio has shut down and/or locked up. This is the mode the radio will go into when the software is
updating. If the audio software version in the navigation radio is the same as v01.0F, the software updating
will not start.
When Disc 2 is completed, the system will automatically restart. It will take approximately 5-10 minutes for
the system to restart. Remove Disc 2 - Audio from the DVD drive.
Turn the vehicle off. Open and close the driver's door and wait for 60 seconds.
Turn the vehicle on and reinstall the customer's navigation DVD.
Press the "NAV" button on the navigation radio, then press the "Agree" soft key on the screen.
After the map screen is displayed, touch the map screen the confirm that the map can be scrolled.
Using the Tech 2®, clear any/all DTCs from the radio.

Having said all that, I did the update myself and have a set of the discs. It's an easy process if you follow the instructions. (FWIW, I did not use a Tech 2.) If you'd like me to send you copies of the discs, send me a PM with mailing instructions and I'll be glad to help you.

Quick Reply: 2005 C6 Nav Update