C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leave in Place-Jacking Pucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Leave in Place-Jacking Pucks

Brand new from SCP....

Leave in place Corvette Jacking Pucks....Pop them in and forget about them, they will be there when you need them.

The ultimate jacking solution for your Corvette C6 or C5. Brand new, leave in place jacking pucks. Our Corvette jacking pucks are low profile and will last as long as you own your car. They "pop" right in to your jack hole and you can then leave them in place without ever needing to remove them. The easily snap into place and will be there if you ever need to jack up your car. The are not noticeable under the car and look like a factory OEM piece (not sure why GM did not include them in the first place). They can also be popped right back out if you ever need to remove them. Made from durable plastic, they will last the life of your car and you can rest assured you will never be stuck in a situation where you need to jack up the car and do not have jacking pucks.

Very affordable and the best solution for Jacking up your car....

in stock and ready to roll

Leave in Place Corvette Jacking Pucks

Last edited by southerncarparts; 05-20-2018 at 08:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mark79,80 (12-31-2015)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

They look good and priced quite well, but I must ask, if they are too "low profile" are you not going to hit the side skirts (front side specifically) of a ZR1 or equivalent once you start to raise the jack before it makes contact with the puck? I use standard pucks and noticed yesterday, that I had to start jacking at the back side first (and even at the back it barely fit) and get it on the stand before the fronts could even be attempted. Have you tried going under and trying to lift the front side of a ZR1 or even the rear side?
They definitely would be great for cars without the sideskirts though for sure.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Racer
They look good and priced quite well, but I must ask, if they are too "low profile" are you not going to hit the side skirts (front side specifically) of a ZR1 or equivalent once you start to raise the jack before it makes contact with the puck? I use standard pucks and noticed yesterday, that I had to start jacking at the back side first (and even at the back it barely fit) and get it on the stand before the fronts could even be attempted. Have you tried going under and trying to lift the front side of a ZR1 or even the rear side?
They definitely would be great for cars without the sideskirts though for sure.
They are just low enough so you can clear the side skirts (used them on ZR1 the other day). Keep in mind with the Z06 and ZR1 the DO NOT lock into place as the frame holes are just a tad too recessed so that they cannot lock. They can still be used, but will not lock.

But yes, to answer your question, they will work with side skirts without any issues

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
REODAWG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much
Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a set of 4 for my car 05 (C6) narrow body... they snapped right into place and I tried jacking it with a small floor jack... No problims...

I don't know how they will work in a garage on a big lift, but it seems that they are low enough to permit "any" type of lift/jack to work with no problem..

I forgot the price for all 4 but it was UNDER $40 .. best thing you don't have to worry about carrying them around, I just leave em snapped in olace...
Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks.....glad you like them....

Jim

Originally Posted by jpee
I got a set of 4 for my car 05 (C6) narrow body... they snapped right into place and I tried jacking it with a small floor jack... No problims...

I don't know how they will work in a garage on a big lift, but it seems that they are low enough to permit "any" type of lift/jack to work with no problem..

I forgot the price for all 4 but it was UNDER $40 .. best thing you don't have to worry about carrying them around, I just leave em snapped in olace...
Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

The GS is not mentioned. Will they lock in place for the GS?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Should, yes.....I think the GS uses the same frame as the coupe. The frame on the z06 and Zr1 is different.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by sdurg24
The GS is not mentioned. Will they lock in place for the GS?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
HI YO 07
Heel & Toe

I bought a 2007 C6 A6 coupe this fall and purchased a set of 4 snap-in pucks to keep some service tech from placing jack pads directly on the frame. Just had time today to fit them. Three of the 4 snapped right into place. The 4th (left front) comes very close to snapping in, but won't. Don't think it's a problem with the puck, more likely the transport hole punched in the frame is slightly out of tolerance. My first thought was somebody tried a lift there but there isn't a mark on the frame member and the transport hole isn't deformed just a tad too deep.

I think a little reshaping of the locking ears on the puck will allow it to lock in place. These snap-in pucks are the perfect size for the standard C6 body and really nicely made. Sure eases your mind when it comes to thinking about leaving your Corvette at a repair shop.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 AM
xgto
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed them with a bead of silicone around the edge of all of them and the work fine, although one location the puck fit a bit loosely but the silicone did the trick. nice product.
The following users liked this post:
72greg (12-28-2019)
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xgto
I installed them with a bead of silicone around the edge of all of them and the work fine, although one location the puck fit a bit loosely but the silicone did the trick. nice product.
The groove looks like it was designed for an o-ring (or a bead of silicone). Definitely there for a reason...

On my 09 C6 coupe, I installed one puck... snapped right into place, but there was a slight gap between the puck and frame -- like you said, it fit a bit loosely. I'm sure it would've rattled.

I happened to have some leftover insulated wire (12 or 14 gauge, don't know)... cut 3 small pieces for each puck, set 'em in the groove with a bit of glue...

All the pucks snapped right into place and fit perfectly snug.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

They are a little loose, but they do not rattle.

Great idea though......

Jim

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot
The groove looks like it was designed for an o-ring (or a bead of silicone). Definitely there for a reason...

On my 09 C6 coupe, I installed one puck... snapped right into place, but there was a slight gap between the puck and frame -- like you said, it fit a bit loosely. I'm sure it would've rattled.

I happened to have some leftover insulated wire (12 or 14 gauge, don't know)... cut 3 small pieces for each puck, set 'em in the groove with a bit of glue...

All the pucks snapped right into place and fit perfectly snug.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Strange. Mine snapped in with no gap and are tight in place with no movement at all.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by EVRose
Strange. Mine snapped in with no gap and are tight in place with no movement at all.
Believe it or not, the frame thickness on C6's varies slightly from car to car. Our pucks fit a little more loosely on some cars than others. Either way, they do not rattle or come out. I am surprised the frame thickness has as much variation as it does, but does not make a difference with the pucks either way.

They still lock in place and will stay there....Just on some cars there is a little more play than others.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 AM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

These look just like the BMW pucks I've been using for years. I even had a set on my C5.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Brand new from SCP....

Leave in place Corvette Jacking Pucks....Pop them in and forget about them, they will be there when you need them.

The ultimate jacking solution for your Corvette C6 or C5. Brand new, leave in place jacking pucks. Our Corvette jacking pucks are low profile and will last as long as you own your car. They "pop" right in to your jack hole and you can then leave them in place without ever needing to remove them. The easily snap into place and will be there if you ever need to jack up your car. The are not noticeable under the car and look like a factory OEM piece (not sure why GM did not include them in the first place). They can also be popped right back out if you ever need to remove them. Made from durable plastic, they will last the life of your car and you can rest assured you will never be stuck in a situation where you need to jack up the car and do not have jacking pucks.

Very affordable and the best solution for Jacking up your car....

in stock and ready to roll

Leave in Place Corvette Jacking Pucks
Can you use jack stands with these in place if jacking up from the front of the car?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sure....cannot see a reason why not. What am I missing here?

Let me know if I am misunderstanding the question.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by Red Devil
Can you use jack stands with these in place if jacking up from the front of the car?

Get notified of new replies

To Leave in Place-Jacking Pucks

Old 02-02-2012, 08:31 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Devil
you are not supposed to use jack stands at these points. not safe
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM
KarrMar
KarrMar
Support Corvetteforum!

Put mine on today. Love em.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor