C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Insurance Rates for a Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

every house in neighborhood got new roofs hail damage except those with state farm.
Wait until you have been w/them for >25 yrs and after 2 claims, they dump you for being high risk . . . 2 wks before Christmas.

F State Farm.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Well I'm guessing after a year the OP has resolved his issue but for those that stay with insurance for 5 to 20 years should shop it out every two or three years to ensure you are getting the best rate/coverage.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Riverdog
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts

Like you, I recently bought a 2012 coupe. I'm 66 and retired, so the car is purely for pleasure as I have a Subaru Outback to haul my kayaks and my wife has her own car. I live in NJ which has had many car insurance issues over the last 20-30 years, but now, with many insurance companies returning to the state looking for business, it's much a more competitive market than it was. Back when car insurance was a big problem in NJ I stayed with one company for many years. (I have an excellent driving record and only a couple of nuisance claims overall, hardly anything worth mentioning, but carriers would drop you for the slightest incident.) But now that it's become a competitive business environment here, I've gotten into the practice of getting comparable coverage quotes from multiple companies every couple of years, and it's really paid off in savings. However, when I wanted to insure my Corvette, and checked with the insurance carrier for my wife's and my other cars, it was quite expensive for the relatively small amount of mileage/use I foresaw for the Corvette. So I got a couple of quotes from the "collector car" insurance companies and wound up going with the NCM (National Corvette Museum) program. They give you a couple of choices as far as annual usage/total miles, give you the same coverage limits as your daily driver(s), and they base their rates on an agreed upon value of the car. In addition, they provide $2,000 of coverage for what they call "spares," which might be extra wheels and/or tires, additional parts, etc., and include towing and trip interruption insurance too. My total annual premium was only 26% of what my DD insurance company wanted--and they are a very good company with the lowest rates I've found after shopping/comparing here in NJ. So if you can work within the limitations of the miles and/or usage that NCM sets, they might be a good choice for you. Another nice feature with them is that if you do NOT use your mileage allotment for a year, the "unused miles" roll forward to the next year so you can use your car more. Sorry for the long-winded reply, but I thought I'd put my 2 cents' worth in.

Quick Reply: Best Insurance Rates for a Corvette