C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Corvette C6 Owner - With a stupid basic question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
netwalker242
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Corvette C6 Owner - With a stupid basic question

Hi Forum, This is my first post. I've owned a 1999 C5 for a while now and have often read the forums, but now I have a question to post, so this is my first post. I just purchased a used 2009 C6 6spd, Z51, Convertible. My question has to do with the dashboard illumination, and as I have no other Vette to look out, and I cannot find any concrete pictures/info on the web, I'm hopping someone here can answer. Last night (My first night with the new car) I noticed that the HUD, Dimmer switch, and Power Convertible top switch were NOT illuminated. the HUD works, all other dash/door/etc... lights are working - just those are not. I have found pictures on the web indicating that the HUD IS supposed to illuminate, but I cannot find any pics/etc as to if the dimmer and top switches are supposed to be illuminated. I would think they are, but I wanted to verify with others with vettes that these are in fact supposed to be illuminated before I go after the seller to get them fixed. So I really just want to know if they are supposed to be illuminated, and if anyone has any ideas what may cause all three of those items to not be lit, I'd love to get some suggestions!! Thanks all!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

All of the HUD buttons are backlit and should be illuminated with the rest of your interior buttons (right side instrument cluster buttons, radio buttons, A/C buttons, etc.) If they don't light your best bet is to replace the button module since the bulbs are delicately soldered in place. Like wise, the area around the dimmer **** is backlit and should light. (If I remember correctly, only the perimeter is lit, not the icon.) The power top switch is also backlit.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
netwalker242
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the quick answer!! I suspected that was the case, so I will have to have it looked into and or fit it myself.

Thanks!!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

I can also double check this for your vehicle with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
I can also double check this for your vehicle with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the point of posts like this. What is there to double check? The answers to his Qs have already been posted. Second, why would you ask for the VIN? If you don't know the answer to his questions, having the VIN isn't going to help you get there. This kind of stuff just makes a joke out of whoever is behind the "Chevy Customer Service" moniker.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

The VIN allows me to pull up information on his specific vehicle to see if the buttons should be illuminated or not.

Get notified of new replies

To New Corvette C6 Owner - With a stupid basic question

Quick Reply: New Corvette C6 Owner - With a stupid basic question