C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Sport brake pad swapout

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM
ffdmac
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521 Breaks

Would these pads be appropriate for someone looking for a high performance street PD who also does an auto cross event a few times per year? Thank you

s
Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
With the Carbotech 1 piece pad there is holes for the pins leave them in the caliper look here http://www.101corvetteprojects.com/2...rvette-c6-z06/

If interested in Carbotech I recommend the 1521 compound I will be happy to help you let me know.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by ffdmac
Would these pads be appropriate for someone looking for a high performance street PD who also does an auto cross event a few times per year? Thank you

s
Yes, they are fine for Auto X.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 07-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Tefer
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeP
Have any of you grand sport owners swapout your stock pads for ceramic low dust? I noticed that Hawk now offers a new one piece pad instead of the individual small pads. Has anybody installed these pads on there grand sport/Zo6 yet? What's opinion on these pads? What's technique to doing a pad swapout on these six piston calipers. Any words of misdom would be greatly appreaciated, thanks.

P.S. It's good to be back on the forum, but I still have my V.

Mike P.
I replaced fronts only on my GS at about 1,300 miles. (had my mechanic do the install) At first he wasn't to sure about the one piece pads but after installation he liked them a lot. I Went with Hawk one piece ceramics. I believe breaking is actually a little better as far as break dust goes I'm thinking it cuts it about in half. Now the front and rear seem to show about the same amount of break dust. Only down side is they do seem to squeak a little at slow speeds such as pulling into my garage.

Quick Reply: Grand Sport brake pad swapout