C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear UK

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed32
I have been obsessed with TG for the last year and a half. If u r into cars it is definitely the best car show ever. Like others mentioned they did test the ZR1, they also had it in one of the specials (the second trip to the US), and I think it was the car of the year on 2008 (the ZR1). No, Clarkson does not have a Corvette I do not think he personally ever owned one; I know he has a Ford GT though.

They constantly bash American cars, they loved the Zr1 the first time, then Clarkson said you have to be "bunkers" to get one...he also liked the Z-06 and then he said he rather live with “bird flue” than having to drive a Z06 to work every day when he compared it with a Ferrari.

Anyway the show is hilarious, obviously they don't care that much about price difference and they make fun about everything, so some people may get offended with the show.
If you really want to watch TG, as soon as the episodes comes up get them here:
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

You can watch it literally hours after it has been aired in England. You can also get them in Amazon as instant video. Usually the BBC America version is edited, go to that link and get the real thing. BTW that website is completely legal.
The show is very fun to watch. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by cclive
I'm surprised that Tom Cruise could do a lap that fast while sitting on a phone book or two....gotta give him credit!

Yea but he had blocks on the pedals
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
I love the Top Gear show. They rip into just about any foreign car though. Jeremy has a special love for the Cockster.

Personally I think the ZR1 could have a better lap time if a top race car driver outside the UK was driving it. I'm sure shifting with the right arm is about as hard for a Brit as it is for most of the world to shift with the left arm. They should bring someone over such as Andy Pilgrim (since the Brits might know him) but he is use to driving on this side of the pond. Of course I would love to see someone like Johnny O drive a ZR1 on the track over there but they probably don't even know who he is.
1st the Stig is not necessarily the same driver every year, and not necessarily a Brit,, It is always a professional driver.. http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...he-office.aspx if you check the pics, a lot of euro GT racing cars are left hand drive like US cars.. So I doubt that would really make a difference.

Last edited by hig4s; 02-11-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by hig4s
1st the Stig is not necessarily the driver every year, and not necessarily a Brit,, It is always a professional driver.. http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...he-office.aspx if you check the pics, a lot of euro GT racing cars are left hand drive like US cars.. So I doubt that would really make a difference.
Who knows in the end. Hopefully Sabine Schmidt is the new Stig, she'll probably be a lot better no matter which side of the car she is driving on.

Quick Reply: Top Gear UK