C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lastest motor trend (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Buy It
I have the same problem with them. They keep sending it to me and I keep sending directly to the recycle bin. The C6 is old? How old is the 911-P car? They change so much.............
Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 PM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,888 Likes on 795 Posts

Beauty (and value) is in the eye of the beholder (better stated, buyer). I would not spend over $100k for a car. My 2008 Convertible Corvette cost me $50k to buy when new. I love the car.....performs perfectly and has had absolutely nothing go wrong with it. As stated above, to take a $100k plus car and compare it with a $55k car, then complain and whine about the lower priced car not being as good is not fair and not a valid comparison. Porsche is a great car, no doubt. But not in my price catagory.....the comments in the article made Motor Trend look foolish, particularly the ones about how "the Corvette almost killed me". But hey, thats just my own view.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think i see a movie coming out of the MT review.

"Killer Korvette" the movie

A mild mannered GS (unlike its evil twin Z06) in dry weather, suddenly turns killer in the wet and cold. Two unsuspecting nerds (writing for a rag called MT) propose a test of the GS against a P car. The weather turns cold and wet and the true nature of the GS rears it ugly head. Tires spinning wildly, as the uncontrolable GS fishtails madly through the turns. The writers crap their pants, barely holding on to the flimsy seats, as their lives flash before their eyes. The writers barely escape to the P car and drive away with only their egos bruised.
As they drive away the scream, "We'll get you Killer Korvette. We'll write about your cheap interior, crappy nav, and flimsy seats, but we'll never admit that we just can't drive for sh*t nor can we write an un biased article".
Old 03-01-2012, 12:30 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
I think i see a movie coming out of the MT review.

"Killer Korvette" the movie

A mild mannered GS (unlike its evil twin Z06) in dry weather, suddenly turns killer in the wet and cold. Two unsuspecting nerds (writing for a rag called MT) propose a test of the GS against a P car. The weather turns cold and wet and the true nature of the GS rears it ugly head. Tires spinning wildly, as the uncontrolable GS fishtails madly through the turns. The writers crap their pants, barely holding on to the flimsy seats, as their lives flash before their eyes. The writers barely escape to the P car and drive away with only their egos bruised.
As they drive away the scream, "We'll get you Killer Korvette. We'll write about your cheap interior, crappy nav, and flimsy seats, but we'll never admit that we just can't drive for sh*t nor can we write an un biased article".

That is not only funny it has a ring of truth to it..

I will be in line for the premiere.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 AM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan
That is not only funny it has a ring of truth to it..

I will be in line for the premiere.
I'm really getting tired of you guys putting down the Corvette.

All I keep hearing is "Its half the price of the Porsche, it can't be expected to compete against a car that's twice the price."

"Sure, the interior is crappy, the seats are unsupportive, the nav is bad, the Porsche is faster to 60 and the 1/4 mile, but, hey, its only half the price".

I happen to think the seats aren't that bad and neither is the interior. OK, the nav/stereo isn't as good as a Kenwood at half the price but you can always swap it out. And with a tire change I'm sure it would be fine in the wet.

I've bought enough high end stereo equipment, furniture, etc. to know that you can always get 90% of what the best stuff has to offer for half the price. That shouldn't be news to anybody.

So lets stop putting down the Corvette, its a Corvette forum, after all.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bud miller
i was making a joke...ya get a better steering wheel(various mag complainers about the interior) for the $40-50k more for the P car...harsh ride...your modded c5 , must have a lot of susp upgrades...cause the c5's i've owned don't even compare to the ride of a c6!!, and i'm sure there will be the steady improvements and changes in the c7, for a "mountain" of less money than the porsche..............
I have an 05' C6 and a 07'Z. Read carefully!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

if it wasnt the tires it would be the seats
or lack of cupholders
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by jimb100

All I keep hearing is "Its half the price of the Porsche, it can't be expected to compete against a car that's twice the price."

"Sure, the interior is crappy, the seats are unsupportive, the nav is bad, the Porsche is faster to 60 and the 1/4 mile, but, hey, its only half the price".

I happen to think the seats aren't that bad and neither is the interior. OK, the nav/stereo isn't as good as a Kenwood at half the price but you can always swap it out. And with a tire change I'm sure it would be fine in the wet.

I've bought enough high end stereo equipment, furniture, etc. to know that you can always get 90% of what the best stuff has to offer for half the price. That shouldn't be news to anybody.

www.literacy.uconn.edu/compre.htm
Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by el es tu
if it wasnt the tires it would be the seats
or lack of cupholders

Bias is bias. It will rear its ugly head when something is targeted. As a Corvette owner I accepted that a long time ago. The amount of dislike for the Corvette and its owners never ceases to amaze me though.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 AM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100

Hope you're not pointing a finger at me.
I love my '08 Z. Like many here, I like my 3LZ (leather) interior, dont' mind the seats the way they are. (liked my "93 seat better) Don't hate the Bose or Nav. All the crap that the rags like to b*tch about. Yes all these things COULD be better. Yes I'm tired of all the rags repeating all these tired complaints. Yes I believe that GM will improve these items in the new C7. In the mean time I enjoy the Z every chance I get.
I couldn't care less what some 1/2 wit magazine writer says about the current C6 corvette. I'm driving one and they arent.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
Hope you're not pointing a finger at me.
I love my '08 Z. Like many here, I like my 3LZ (leather) interior, dont' mind the seats the way they are. (liked my "93 seat better) Don't hate the Bose or Nav. All the crap that the rags like to b*tch about. Yes all these things COULD be better. Yes I'm tired of all the rags repeating all these tired complaints. Yes I believe that GM will improve these items in the new C7. In the mean time I live enjoy the Z every chance I get.
I couldn't care less what some 1/2 wit magazine writer says about the current C6 corvette. I'm driving one and they arent.
Actually it was a left handed shot at the Corvette and the people that defend it.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well ya
Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

It's those Goodyear tires.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
I'm so sick of the negativity about vettes from MT, that I'm not going to renew my subscription.

The "as tested" Porsche has a price well north of the GS. Thus, as usual, it isn't a fair comparison. Now, if they really cared about being truly objective, they would test using a ZR1.

I can't understand why GM falls for this crap from MT. It definitely isn't the first time the have slighted the C6 vette. Makes me wonder if Porsche spends more money in advertising??
Better renew your Consumer Reports subscription.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Quick Reply: Lastest motor trend (Merged)