C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do you pay for insurance??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:11 PM
bolivar
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As others have posted, this is a non-question.

There are too many variables for anyone to post what they pay for insurance. You must call agents and ask for a quote for YOU!

Just be sure you are getting quotes for EXACTLY the same coverage from different companies. Getting a number for $25,000 Liability does you no good when another company quotes you $100,000 coverage.

In general, buy all the insurance you can afford. The 'state minimum' is not going to cover very much.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:21 PM
AV8ForFun
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Dude there are 7,178 threads on this topic. It varies with age, location, driving record, year of car, credit score, and multiple other asenine variances.
type it in the search box and you will be reading for days.
I did a search, and nowhere did I see how much you pay for your insurance, which is what he asked. I re-read the original, and he didn't ask how many insurance threads were on the forum. He wanted to see what others were paying.

Mine is around 700/year. It is my dd, and there is a 23 yo male and 16 yo female with vehicles on thesame policy.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's not a daily driver, many collector car insurance companies will insure late model cars without too many driving restrictions. There are different tiers of coverage. Some tiers just limit your mileage per year and at a signifigant savings.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by vettelover69
That is total BS. So let's say a person who had perfect credit and a perfect driving record for 30 years but after the housing maker bust that person lost his/her job and couldn't afford to make payments. Finally they lose their house to foreclosure and then their credit rating goes in the tank.

So that person isn't responsible? And now they should pay a higher insurance rate?

Credit score is just another way to increase rates even on good drivers.
It's not an idle opinion, it's a fact. There's a correlation between low credit scores and claims filed. Not to mention a correlation between low credit scores and missed insurance payments. It doesn't mean that the great majority of people with low scores aren't good risks. But there are more bad apples with scores of 400 than with scores of 800.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

I pay $880 a year for two cars, two drivers. The 2012 Vette replaced another vehicle with no change to my insurance cost. AMICA.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Lanaue
Instructor

Originally Posted by CaryBob
It's not an idle opinion, it's a fact. There's a correlation between low credit scores and claims filed. Not to mention a correlation between low credit scores and missed insurance payments. It doesn't mean that the great majority of people with low scores aren't good risks. But there are more bad apples with scores of 400 than with scores of 800.
I'm sure if I paid a company they could find the opposite true. It's just another way to get money. You drivers record is proof enuff. It was good for decades.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 AM
vettelover69
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lanaue
I'm sure if I paid a company they could find the opposite true. It's just another way to get money. You drivers record is proof enuff. It was good for decades.
Very true.

I will bet there are plenty of people with great credit that suck at driving and have lots of tickets and claims.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
Absolutely true its a fact. My wife is in insurance and has taken many classes that point that fact out. Of course it doesn't mean everyone with low credit is a bad risk but in general it has been proven they are a higher risk and more likely to miss payments. The same way it costs more to insure a car when your young, statistical fact younger people are a higher risk. Does that mean that there are no good young drivers, of course not. It's the same reason employers do a credit check. Like it or not, a bad credit score can hurt someone in more ways than one and I agree, it's not fair for someone who has hit a tough time through no fault of their own. My wife and I have discussed this issue before and both think there should be a law against it but that's the way it is.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 03-05-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc V.

Try doing a little research.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AV8ForFun
I did a search, and nowhere did I see how much you pay for your insurance, which is what he asked. I re-read the original, and he didn't ask how many insurance threads were on the forum. He wanted to see what others were paying.

Mine is around 700/year. It is my dd, and there is a 23 yo male and 16 yo female with vehicles on thesame policy.
obviously you don't read to well OP wants to see what we pay so he can see if he is getting a good deal. Now, if he posted, I am a 28 yr Old male in Ft lauderdale with a 780 credit score, no tickets or accidents, want 100/300 covereage with a $500 deductible then he will have better results if all 28 yr olds in Ft Lauderdale posted what they are paying that have similiar history etc as OP.
I pay $490 a year so I guess that's what he should expect to pay.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

My Z,s share in a multi car policy with AARP is $720. In NH.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 AM
AV8ForFun
Racer

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
obviously you don't read to well OP wants to see what we pay so he can see if he is getting a good deal. Now, if he posted, I am a 28 yr Old male in Ft lauderdale with a 780 credit score, no tickets or accidents, want 100/300 covereage with a $500 deductible then he will have better results if all 28 yr olds in Ft Lauderdale posted what they are paying that have similiar history etc as OP.
I pay $490 a year so I guess that's what he should expect to pay.
I agree with you to an extent. I would have contacted the insurance company before buying the car or asking here on the forum. That was not the point. He did ask what others paid, and you did not help at all. You were the typical flamer that gets off by trying to belittle others, as evidenced by this response. I read the op fine. I understood and responsded. You, on the other hand, were no help, at all.

If you don't want to be bothered to answer a question that has already been answered in another thread, then don't respond. If you just want to increase your post count without being helpful, at all, go to ot and create your own thread and bump it every 5 minutes. That would be just as helpful and less offensive.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AV8ForFun
I agree with you to an extent. I would have contacted the insurance company before buying the car or asking here on the forum. That was not the point. He did ask what others paid, and you did not help at all. You were the typical flamer that gets off by trying to belittle others, as evidenced by this response. I read the op fine. I understood and responsded. You, on the other hand, were no help, at all.

If you don't want to be bothered to answer a question that has already been answered in another thread, then don't respond. If you just want to increase your post count without being helpful, at all, go to ot and create your own thread and bump it every 5 minutes. That would be just as helpful and less offensive.
Actually I WAS, being helpful, if he searched, he would see there are half a dozen threads a week with all the same people quoting what they paid in premiums.
Your response was no help at all to him, how does you paying $700 help him in any way? it doesn't
I actually help plenty of members on here, in PM and in threads. go search my posts and see how often I "flame" as you call it.
Me telling him all the variables involved and asking this will not help, IS helping him, because it is true

Last edited by mcandrew67; 03-05-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I live in the people’s republic of NY; my share for the 07 Z06 is about $700 per year. I also have two other vehicles on the same policy, and all have the same $500 deductible.

FWIW my house is also insured with the same company and I'm 65 YO.
Been with this company for over 30 years.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

~480yr on the Vette through NCM
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

I pay monthly with American Family....

2007 C6Z is $43 per month for full coverage w/$500 deductible
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Good credit is associated with being a responsible person which is associated with less risk.
I agree. I'm surprised how many people don't understand how much their credit scores affect most everything in their life.

Get notified of new replies

To How much do you pay for insurance??

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Eminitrader
$432 a YEAR..

NCM Insurance
This would be a great deal if I didn't actually drive my car. I drive 12-15K miles a year.......and I pay for it.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Absolutely true its a fact. My wife is in insurance and has taken many classes that point that fact out. Of course it doesn't mean everyone with low credit is a bad risk but in general it has been proven they are a higher risk and more likely to miss payments. The same way it costs more to insure a car when your young, statistical fact younger people are a higher risk. Does that mean that there are no good young drivers, of course not. It's the same reason employers do a credit check. Like it or not, a bad credit score can hurt someone in more ways than one and I agree, it's not fair for someone who has hit a tough time through no fault of their own. My wife and I have discussed this issue before and both think there should be a law against it but that's the way it is.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 PM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

For 30 years I have worked for an insurance company, our experience and numerous independent studies clearly indicate that those with lower credit scores file more claims. Who should pay more for their insurance, those that file more claims or those that do not? If they outlaw credit scores as part of the "insurance scoring" process then those filing claims more frequently will be subsidize by those who do not.

Quick Reply: How much do you pay for insurance??