C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait or go now to complain about 2012 gs rear tire wear.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by lordofwar
went to the dealer today with my car.they took me right in.they told me the alinement was covered under warrenty until 7500 miles.he said the back was out alittle and so was the front.he measured the tread on the rear and said i had 7/32 on the inside and 6/32 on the outside which is normal wear.they treated me well and took good care of me.i will keep a eye on it because that is the way i am.i am very fussy with my machines.i will wait until they are shot and then decide what tires to get,but they will not be goodyears.same thing happened with my Kawaski Monster ZX14.stock tires were soft and wore out at 4 thousand miles.replaced them with a harder compound tire from michlen and much better wear.
Glad you got some satisfaction today.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
jnx911
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonC6
So wasn't that the whole point in buying it?

You wanted super wide tires for the "look". Well, tires that are way way way too wide come at a price. That price is, among other things including road noise, rapid wear.

I'm expecting the C7 will have two front tires just a bit wider than at present the for the real "wide" look the rear will just have a single "roller". Many C6 owners will be hot to retrofit their cars so they can have the new hot "roller" too. Why have two really wide tires when you could have ONE super wide tire instead.

You bought it enjoy it. The narrow body coupe is far and away a better can than the "just for looks" GS.

just my opinion
WOW, you are a bit opinionated, just my opinion though, and I love the GS
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Kyad02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lordofwar
went to the dealer today with my car.they took me right in.they told me the alinement was covered under warrenty until 7500 miles.he said the back was out alittle and so was the front.he measured the tread on the rear and said i had 7/32 on the inside and 6/32 on the outside which is normal wear.they treated me well and took good care of me.i will keep a eye on it because that is the way i am.i am very fussy with my machines.i will wait until they are shot and then decide what tires to get,but they will not be goodyears.same thing happened with my Kawaski Monster ZX14.stock tires were soft and wore out at 4 thousand miles.replaced them with a harder compound tire from michlen and much better wear.
What harder compound tires do they make for the GS ? nice Bike btw I had a Zx-12 and own a Honda 1000RR
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyad02
What harder compound tires do they make for the GS ? nice Bike btw I had a Zx-12 and own a Honda 1000RR
here are the tires you can buy for a gs.the michilen pilot ss has the longest tread wear rating.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...ype=bestseller
Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 AM
djmano
Instructor

Location: Intersection of Eau Rogue, Flugplatz and Loews Hairpin

i think this is the million dollar question......or should i say $509 question. if GS tires weren't so expensive, would dealerships be so stingy in replacement/alignment issues?

considering 1 GS rear tire costs the same as 4 tires for the average economy car im pretty sure this has something to do with it.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by djmano
i think this is the million dollar question......or should i say $509 question. if GS tires weren't so expensive, would dealerships be so stingy in replacement/alignment issues?

considering 1 GS rear tire costs the same as 4 tires for the average economy car im pretty sure this has something to do with it.
It is NOT a dealership issue...GM pays on the warranty claim...it is about the dealership willing to go to bat with GM and get your claim accepted.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 AM
djmano
Instructor

Location: Intersection of Eau Rogue, Flugplatz and Loews Hairpin

okay well in that case would you say that GM is cheaping out b/c the tires are so expensive?

Quick Reply: Wait or go now to complain about 2012 gs rear tire wear.