C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Sport vs. B&B PRT on 2011 C6 base Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
tcf12
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Sport vs. B&B PRT on 2011 C6 base Corvette

I am looking at a new axle back exhaust system for my 2011 Corvette purchased last summer. I am interested in either the Corsa Sport or the B&B PRT system. I have heard both from the outside of the car and on videos but not inside the car while driving. I would like to make sure my wife and I can hear the radio while cursing down the highway. Would appreciate any feed back from owners. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
djmano
Instructor

Location: Intersection of Eau Rogue, Flugplatz and Loews Hairpin

I would like to make sure my wife and I can hear the radio while cursing down the highway.
the corsa or the b&b IS the radio bro. why would u be cursing while cruising your vette?! j/k.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Corsa Sports no drone and PRTs lots of drone
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by peter pan
Corsa Sports no drone and PRTs lots of drone
however, I hated my Sports. Sounded too Euro for my taste. I prefer the sound of Borla
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
AYello1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you live? I have the Corsa Sports & just love 'em. They're just loud enough to be aware of them. Very enjoyable working the gears around town and barely audible at hiway speeds. Doesn't intrude with conversations with the passenger or radio operation at all, and won't attract undue attention from LEO's, but you're always aware that they are there. The tires make waay more noise than the Sports. Sound clips aren't gonna give you any idea what they sound like. You have to go for a ride with somebody. I couldn't get a ride, so I did the "Hail Mary" and bought a used set, locally, figuring that I could always resell them if I didn't like them. Needless to say, these won't be going back on the market. I'm more than happy with the muffs, all by themselves, but they sound even better when I added an Airraid air cleaner.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:58 PM
psricha
Intermediate

I have the Corsa Sports and love them. They are not a problem on the highway. Only hear them when accelerating moderate to hard.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 PM
tcf12
2nd Gear

Thanks for the feed back.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AYello1
Where do you live? I have the Corsa Sports & just love 'em. They're just loud enough to be aware of them. Very enjoyable working the gears around town and barely audible at hiway speeds. Doesn't intrude with conversations with the passenger or radio operation at all, and won't attract undue attention from LEO's, but you're always aware that they are there. The tires make waay more noise than the Sports. Sound clips aren't gonna give you any idea what they sound like. You have to go for a ride with somebody. I couldn't get a ride, so I did the "Hail Mary" and bought a used set, locally, figuring that I could always resell them if I didn't like them. Needless to say, these won't be going back on the market. I'm more than happy with the muffs, all by themselves, but they sound even better when I added an Airraid air cleaner.
. Sound clips on youtube won't give you a good indication of how the Corsa Sport really sounds. To be honest, I hated the sound of the Corsa Sport from the sounds clips. Then I heard it in person and it was TOTALLY different and sooooo much better. I immediately purchased a set for myself and never looked back. They sound awesome on the inside and even better on the outside. Wish I bought them sooner and didn't wait. The weather in NY is starting to get warm now so I am looking forward to taking the top of my car and hearing how they sound with the open air. Go Corsa Sport you will love them!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Go2GuyTX
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raazor
however, I hated my Sports. Sounded too Euro for my taste. I prefer the sound of Borla
The Borla S-Type 2 doesn't drone and you get a little bit deeper tone without going to the ATAK. I have the ATAK and it doesn't drone so I assume that applies to the S-Type 2 as well
Old 03-23-2012, 02:35 AM
jetcybertorch
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the prt system, 1 decibel louder than stock at highway. I get lots of compliments on the system, its the best way to go, and looks great!

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Sport vs. B&B PRT on 2011 C6 base Corvette

Quick Reply: Corsa Sport vs. B&B PRT on 2011 C6 base Corvette