C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Corvette Changes year to year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
2010black4lt
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Corvette Changes year to year?

Hello,

I have been searching for information related to changes in the model years for C6 Corvettes.

I have found changes from 2005-2008. However, I am not able to find anything beyond.

Would someone please post the model year changes like someone did for the C5. The C5 changes are very well documented.

I know launch control was added in 2010.

Thank you.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1572068640-post2.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1573895954-post1.html

Don't have anything on the 2012 changes.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1580190878-post1.html
Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Hmmm.....I think you're right.....someone (JimTN) should put together a comprehensive list of year to year changes now that we know all the C6 years. Jim? Oh Jim?

Anyway, here's what I have.

2008 - 2009:

2009 - 2010:

Originally Posted by JimTN
I've got 2 different files I saved that supposedly list the changes from 2009 to 2010. Neither of them seems to indicate any "decontent."

Note that although the 2009 to 2010 2LT went down by $350, the 2009 to 2010 3LT went up by $350.

Corvette 2009 to 2010 Changes

Deletions
· (74U) Victory Red exterior color
· (83U) Atomic Orange Metallic exterior color
· (425) Linen custom leather-wrapped interior trim
· (AK5) Frontal driver and front passenger air bags
· (QG7) 5-spoke, forged polished aluminum wheels
· (Z51) Z51 Performance Package

New Features
· Z16 Grand Sport Coupe and Convertible (1YG07 / 1YG67) - Performance Package: Aggressive dampers and springs, larger stabilizer bars, specific wider wheels and Goodyear F1 supercar tires, wider fenders, front fascia and quarters, front splitter, taller rear spoiler, high performance brake system with larger cross-drilled rotors, 6-piston front calipers, 4-piston rear calipers, specific manual transmission or 2.73 ratio limited slip performance rear axle with paddle shift automatic and Grand Sport silver painted aluminum, 18" x 9.5" (45.7 cm x 24.1 cm) front and 19" x 12" (48.3 cm x 30.48 cm) rear wheels. (Z52) Performance Package with dry sump oil system, enhanced cooling and rear-mounted battery standard on Grand Sport Coupe with manual transmission
· Available (Z15) Grand Sport Heritage Package with fender stripe hash marks, Grand Sport logo seat headrest embroidery and two-tone seats
· Available (PYD) Grand Sport Competition Gray wheels
· Available (PYE) Grand Sport Chrome wheels
· (70U) Torch Red exterior color
· (10U) Arctic White and (89U) Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat now available on Z06 and ZR1
· (313) Ebony with Cashmere accents leather seating surfaces for Z06 and ZR1
· Available (0B1) Corvette crossed flags embroidery on headrests
· Available (Q6J) ZR1 Competition Gray aluminum wheels
· (MN6) 6-speed manual transmission now includes launch control
· (MX0) 6-speed paddle shift automatic transmission now has push and hold feature in sport mode to return to automatic operation from paddle shift operation
· Performance Traction Management (PTM) with 5 settings on ZR1
· New pattern designs for center console trim plate - Orbit design standard and Gunmetal design with Custom Leather wrapped interiors

Changes
· (AJ7) Frontal and side-impact driver and front passenger air bags are now standard on all equipment groups
· (AJK) Power bolster and power lumbar and (AG2) power passenger seat now included on Z06 3LZ
· (GU2) 2.73 limited slip performance rear axle is now included and only available with (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission only on the Z16 Grand Sport models
· Taller spoiler included on Convertible
by Zymurgy, 8/23/09

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1571244375-post6.html
2010 Changes

2010 Corvette News:
NEW Grand Sport Model – Coupe or Convertible
Grand Sport Heritage Package with Iconic Hash mark Stripes and Seat Embroidery
Grand Sport coupe manual with Z52 Dry Sump Performance Package standard includes rear mounted battery and differential cooler
Torch Red is back – Z06 and ZR1 available in all 8 colors for the 1st time
Launch Control standard with all manual transmissions
6-speed paddle shift automatic - Push and hold feature allows easy return to auto mode using’+’ paddle
Side Airbags standard on all Corvettes
New interior console trim plates - Orbit and Gunmetal patterns
Crossed flag logo embroidery seat option
Convertible includes Z06 style tall spoiler
Z06 and ZR1 now available with cashmere interior
Z06 3LZ package now includes power sport seats and power passenger seat
ZR1 includes PTM - Performance Traction Management Technology
PTM is an advanced system that integrates your Traction Control, Active Handling, and Selective Ride Control systems to enhance racetrack driving consistency and overall performance. With PTM you can now push full throttle while exiting a corner on a racetrack as the system automatically manages your overall acceleration dynamics
Available Competition Gray wheels for ZR1
1 year XM subscription included with 3LT – 2LZ – 3ZR option packages
Cashmere custom leather wrapped interior – interim availability

from the Corvette Museum via EuroVette07 - 4/28/09

2011 - 2012:

Originally Posted by RedRCKT
My friend and salesman at Criswell Chevrolet, Mike Furman, sent this to me tonight and I wanted to share with the Forum. I haven't been able to log onto the forum for awhile, so I apologize if you already have seen these!

Changes due for the 2012 Corvette.
Deletions

(41U) Black exterior color
(85U) Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat exterior color
(US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer

New Features

(ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Special Edition - Commemorates Chevrolet's 100th anniversary. Available on 3LT, 4LT, 3LZ and 3ZR. Includes (58U) Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color, special Chevrolet Centennial Black wheels (specific to model) with special center cap logos, Satin Black graphics, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, Red brake calipers, special badging, Ebony seating surfaces with suede accents and Red stitching, Custom Leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors (except 3LT), seat embossment, steering wheel badge and special interior trim plate

(58U) Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color (Included and only available with (ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Special Edition

(GLF) Carlisle Blue Metallic exterior color

(34T) Blue convertible top (interim introduction during 2011MY)

(PDE) ZR1 High Performance Package, includes (RUV) Black cup style lightweight 19" front and 20" rear wheels, (XFH) Michelin PS CUP tires [optimized for warm dry weather performance with reduced tread wear rating] and (MH3) 6-speed close ratio manual transmission
New (F55) Magnetic Selective Ride Control available with Z06, includes Performance Traction Management (PTM), (RUV) Black, cup style lightweight aluminum wheels and (XFG) Michelin PS2 tires
Z07 now includes Performance Traction Management (PTM), (XFH) Michelin PS Cup tires (optimized for warm dry weather performance with reduced tread wear rating), (RUV) Black, cup style lightweight aluminum wheels, (F55) Magnetic Selective Ride Control and Brembo carbon ceramic brakes

(PIN) Customer selectable VIN (restrictions and approval required, available for SOLD orders only)

(RUL) 5-spoke, Chevrolet Centennial Black with Red stripe aluminum, 18" front and 19" rear wheels (Included and only available on Coupe and Convertible with (ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Special Edition)

(RUM) Grand Sport Chevrolet Centennial Black aluminum, 18" front and 19" rear wheels (Included and only available on Grand Sport with (ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Special Edition)

(RUR) Chevrolet Centennial Black with Red stripe, cup style aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels (Included and only available on Z06 and ZR1 with (ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Special Edition)

(RUV) Black, cup style lightweight aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels (Included and only available on Z06 with (F55) Magnetic Selective Ride Control or (Z07) Z06 Ultimate Performance Package; also Included and only available on ZR1 with (PDE) ZR1 High Performance Package)

(Q5V) Machined-face, cup style aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels, available on Z06 (with F55 or Z07) and ZR1 (with PDE)

(XFH) Michelin PS CUP tires (Included and only available with (Z07) Z06 Ultimate Performance Package or (PDE) ZR1 High Performance Package) [optimized for warm dry weather performance with reduced tread wear rating]

(B92) Carbon Fiber Hood available for Z06
Colored calipers available in (J6D) Dark Gray Metallic, (J6F) Red [standard on Z06], (J6C) Silver [standard on Grand Sport], and (J6E) Yellow; Requires J55 or F55 on Coupe and Convertible
New 2LT Technology Package featuring Bluetooth for select phones, HUD, Bose, Navigation and USB port

Changes

Front and rear tires are now represented with one RPO code

(MM6) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed manual transmission for Coupe, Convertible and Z06

(MZ6) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed manual transmission for Grand Sport

(ME2) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed manual transmission for ZR1

(MYC) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed paddle shift automatic transmission
3LT, 4LT and 2LZ now include (U3U) navigation audio system and USB port
New steering wheel design
Suede seat inserts included on 4LT, 3LZ, 3ZR
Bose audio upgrade to 9 speakers with new sub woofers
(J55) and (F55) Brake calipers painted Black on Coupe and Convertible

2012 - 2013:

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
Chevrolet has released the following additional information for the 2013 model year.
This information was released today, March 7, 2012.

(Z25) 60th Anniversary Design Package
Available on Coupe, Convertible and Grand Sport with 4LT, Z06 with 3LZ and ZR1 with 3ZR — commemorates 60 years of Corvette and includes:
• Arctic White with body-color door handles
• Twilight Blue custom leather-wrapped interior with Blue accent stitching
• Embossed and embroidered 60th Anniversary logos and special steering wheel badge
• Suede accents on steering wheel, shifter, park brake, armrests and interior door
• ZR1-style spoiler
• Blue top on convertible
• Special wheel center caps (60th Anniversary logo)
• Gray-painted brake calipers
• Available (Z30) Silver Blue Pearl graphics
• Available special convertible top with tonal stripes

427 Convertible Collector Edition
Chevrolet is bringing back the most coveted combination in Corvette history – a separate model available in 2LT, 3LT and 4LT trim levels with a unique VIN sequence.
• LS7 427 7.0L V8 engine with dry sump system and rear battery
• Six-speed manual transmission
• 427 hood badges
• ZR1-style spoiler
• Carbon fiber raised hood, fenders and floor panels
• Available (CFZ) carbon fiber splitter and rockers
• 19-inch front, 20-inch rear machine face cup wheels with Michelin PS2 tires and (F55) Magnetic Selective Ride Control
• Available (Z27) Heritage Package with hood graphic and 427 logo floor mats
• 4LT available with (Z25) 60th Anniversary Package (Z30) Anniversary graphics
––Special 60th Anniversary fender badges
––Cyber Gray headlamps
––Special (CFZ) package in Cyber Gray

Other “New” Items
NEW (41U) Black exterior color replaces (58U) Carbon Flash Metallic
NEW (GXH) Night Race Blue Metallic exterior color replaces (GLF) Carlisle Blue
NEW (Q8B) 5-spoke, Black-painted aluminum, 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels replace (QX1) Competition Gray wheels
NEW (QZW) Grand Sport Black-painted aluminum, 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels replace (PYD) Competition Gray wheels
NEW (Q7Z) Spider-design, Z06 Black-painted, 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels replace (Q44) Competition Gray wheels
NEW (Q6U) ZR1 Black-painted aluminum, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels replace (Q6J) Competition Gray wheels

FROM 2012MY TO 2013MY
• (ZLC) Chevrolet Centennial Edition, (VPK) GCA Exterior Package LPO, (5V4) GCA Ultimate Package LPO and (VPL) GCA Ultimate Package no longer available
• (AG2) front passenger 6-way power seat adjuster now standard on all models
• (D42) luggage shade and cargo net now included in 2LT Coupe and 2LT Grand Sport Coupe
• (AP9) cargo net now included in 2LT Convertible and 2LT Grand Sport Convertible
• (T43) ZR1 spoiler available on all models; already included in ZR1 and (CFZ) Z06 Carbon Fiber Package, 427 Convertible and 60th Anniversary Edition – not available with (Z07) Z06 Ultimate Performance Package or (PDE) ZR1 High Performance Package
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RicK T
Hmmm.....I think you're right.....someone (JimTN) should put together a comprehensive list of year to year changes now that we know all the C6 years. Jim? Oh Jim?
What?

I got all of them except 2012, click the links.

Now I've got a link to 2012 for the next person who asks.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yea, I know but.......can't we do something like put all of the info in a nice, neat, orderly, chronological order on ONE page?

I guess I could offer some help on it.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RicK T
Yea, I know but.......can't we do something like put all of the info in a nice, neat, orderly, chronological order on ONE page?

I guess I could offer some help on it.

ALREADY DONE! There's a link in Pewter99's sticky to my new thread that has all the links.

Try it - You'll like it.

Yes, I just realized it's not exactly what you were suggesting, but this way, you can select just the model year info. you want to see. All the links are on one page.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 03-20-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,463 Likes on 1,020 Posts

One more change for 2013: for Z06 models, F55 now (always) includes PTM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Corvette Changes year to year?

Quick Reply: C6 Corvette Changes year to year?