C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Sport fender stripes

Old 03-21-2012, 11:34 AM
diitto
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Grand Sport fender stripes

Hi... I didn't order the Heritage package for the new 2012 GS I have on order because the only part of that $1200 package that I might have wanted was fender stripes (still not sure if I even want them). So if I want to buy and have those stripes installed, where would I go to buy them?? I see them as just decals from a number of places for $40 for the pair but it seems I also have seen them as a genuine GM accessory for closer to $400... Am I correct about that latter part?? I can't seem to find again where I thought I found that before... And are the $40 decals OK or should I only buy the genuine parts?? What do the genuine parts have to offer for so much money???? Assuming of course I've even correct about them being that expensive... And if you do a clear bra, should the stripes go on before or after the bra??? thanks... bob...
Old 03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

more than just the stripes.......the seats are super nice!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I did not put stickers on my GS!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The seats are just Embroidered with GRAND SPORT VS the Cross flags which IMO is much nicer. Anyway I would stay away from the $40 decals as they are just that Stickers.
The ones from the factory are clear coated and very high quality. You can find them on forum for around 300$. Just post up and you will get responses depending on what color you want. Grey, red or Silver are OEM GM colors avilable. I bought silver but would like to trade for a set of Greys
I also opted for the non heritage package on my new 2012 order and agree the option price is way overpriced.

Last edited by studiovette; 04-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:29 PM
sar10
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option is to have some made - these were done at a local sign shop - cost installed (both sides) with tax... $54.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
VetteCop29
Racer

I will bet if mine, which were installed at a custom graphic shop, were next to factory, you'd have a hard time telling the difference, except mine are two color, red and silver, and $80 installed. Guaranteed 7 years against fade or peel.

And they are what they are. GM's aren't painted on either.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM
vette1963
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by diitto
Hi... I didn't order the Heritage package for the new 2012 GS I have on order because the only part of that $1200 package that I might have wanted was fender stripes (still not sure if I even want them). So if I want to buy and have those stripes installed, where would I go to buy them?? I see them as just decals from a number of places for $40 for the pair but it seems I also have seen them as a genuine GM accessory for closer to $400... Am I correct about that latter part?? I can't seem to find again where I thought I found that before... And are the $40 decals OK or should I only buy the genuine parts?? What do the genuine parts have to offer for so much money???? Assuming of course I've even correct about them being that expensive... And if you do a clear bra, should the stripes go on before or after the bra??? thanks... bob...
I have a set of silver GM in an unopened box for $300 plus $10.00 shipping. You can call me if interested. Also after market stripes don't have the C-6 logo.
Thanks,
Gary 443-254-1668

Last edited by vette1963; 03-21-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Add phone #
Old 03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
turbod
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the OEM hash marks on my GS. My GS came with the Heritage pkg but I installed the hash marks myself. At the time I wasn't sure I liked them.

One difference on the OEM stripes might be that the Corvette flags are embedded into the stripes.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by studiovette
The seats are just Embroidered with GRAND SPORT..........Grey, red or Silver are OEM GM colors avilable......
......embroidered and have the upgraded inserts........and the oem stripes available are CG, Red, Silver & White...........

I got the stripes from CORVETTEMODS1.......

Last edited by Speedforhire; 03-21-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Redshift
Platinum Supporting Vendor

We offer five different versions of high quality fender stripes if anyone needs a set that is done right and easy to install:

----------------

Front Fender Accent Strips C6 and Z06

----------------

C6 Corvette Fender Accent Stripes

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,025 Posts

I used some auto grade vinyl for ours, 30.00 for both sides done by a window tint guy. They are 2 colors as well. Your correct the GM ones are way too high. The most notable difference is the GM ones have a little cross flag on them, that's the easiest quickest way to know if they aren't from GM. It wasn't worth the money difference to me, but some are purist. I also liked mine much better with them on the car. It's a personal preference deal. To me they make the car look a little meaner or more of a competition car. The whole do I or don't I use them has pretty much been beat to death on this forum.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Redshift
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Also keep in mind, you can remove them easily if you don't like them or if you go to sell the car later.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM
jnx911
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteCop29
I will bet if mine, which were installed at a custom graphic shop, were next to factory, you'd have a hard time telling the difference, except mine are two color, red and silver, and $80 installed. Guaranteed 7 years against fade or peel.

And they are what they are. GM's aren't painted on either.
It looks like yours go down on the fender too far. Factory stripes stop where the fender flattens out for the last approx 1". Besides there is the Chevy emblem in the corner, can't tell from the photo if yours has them..
Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 AM
diitto
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for all the responses but I still have the following question... If I decided I wanted the GM stripes, can I buy them from a dealer??? Or was the only way to get the original GM version to buy them as part of the heritage package???? Is it a GM accessory I can buy from GM now??? Or not????

And regarding the one poster who had the set of silver stripes, thanks but if I get them I would likely get white to go on the Crystal Red Tint car I have on order...

thanks... bob..
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 AM
turbod
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jnx911
It looks like yours go down on the fender too far. Factory stripes stop where the fender flattens out for the last approx 1". Besides there is the Chevy emblem in the corner, can't tell from the photo if yours has them..
Too long
Old 03-22-2012, 06:44 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the responses but I still have the following question... If I decided I wanted the GM stripes, can I buy them from a dealer??? Or was the only way to get the original GM version to buy them as part of the heritage package???? Is it a GM accessory I can buy from GM now??? Or not????

And regarding the one poster who had the set of silver stripes, thanks but if I get them I would likely get white to go on the Crystal Red Tint car I have on order...

thanks... bob..

Any dealer or vendor on here who sells oem GM parts csn sell them to you. As I posted easrlier white is not a color available from the factory so you would have to go with aftermarket stripes .
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Factory colors are CG, Red, Silver & Pearl White.......Any vender can get them for you.

BTW! The CG oem stripes would look the best on a CRM car..........but I chose black!

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport fender stripes

Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 AM
JMcDon1007
Instructor

thanks... bob..
Yes. You can get them from the dealer. I did the exact same thing as you. I bought my GS off the lot and it was one that didn't have the heritage package. I definitely wanted the hash marks, so I ordered them from the dealer and the dealer installed them at no charge. These strips do have a part number and you can order them from the parts department.

When I bought mine, I saw that there were aftermarket stripe kits out there, but since it was a brand new car, it was important to me to remain stock on those stripes. They do have the Chevrolet logo on them, which is something the aftermarket stripes won't have due to copyright law. I think both look wonderful. You're also going to get a lot more attention WITH the stripes than without because it is something that sets the car apart from others. I drove mine with and without and you put the stripes on there and all of a sudden people are interested. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 AM
diitto
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JMcDon1007
Yes. You can get them from the dealer. I did the exact same thing as you. I bought my GS off the lot and it was one that didn't have the heritage package. I definitely wanted the hash marks, so I ordered them from the dealer and the dealer installed them at no charge. These strips do have a part number and you can order them from the parts department.

When I bought mine, I saw that there were aftermarket stripe kits out there, but since it was a brand new car, it was important to me to remain stock on those stripes. They do have the Chevrolet logo on them, which is something the aftermarket stripes won't have due to copyright law. I think both look wonderful. You're also going to get a lot more attention WITH the stripes than without because it is something that sets the car apart from others. I drove mine with and without and you put the stripes on there and all of a sudden people are interested. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks John... I forgot to ask the dealer that question the day I ordered the car and since have struggled to find that answer... Thus the reason for my question about whether I could buy the stock stripes from the dealer... The dealer did tell me that he would offer me the same discount on any options I might want to add when the car comes in that he gave me on the price of the car to begin with so hopefully he would still give me that discount if I bought the stripes from him when I actually pay for the car... But I had hunted around a bit and it just wasn't clear that I could buy them from the dealer... Thanks much for clearing that up...

If I get them I would most likely get the white stripe as the car color is Crystal Red Tint... Anyone have an opinion about that???

Again, John, thanks for the help... bob...
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Hope it helps!

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Che...h%2bMarks/2012

.............CG, Red, Silver or White!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grand Sport fender stripes