C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 owners be careful

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 03:37 PM
johnebgoode
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 owners be careful

I have been advised through the proper channels the way to enlighten forum members about something is to start a thread , but not bash anyone and to "state facts".
What you are about to read are facts in its entirety.

I noticed a thread started by a vendor where they were selling an aftermarket Radiator Supt. for the C6, just like the OEM part.
The selling price they were asking is $275.00.

Just a heads up, this part is available at your local GM dealer for a list price of $180.62 for a base Cpe or a GS.
I am not bashing the vendor here, or trying to keep him from making a living. But paying $90.00 more than we need to is unheard of. Especially in todays economy.
I have confrimed this with my parts supplier as I am in the collision business. That price of $180.62 is the GM List price, not a discounted price. I am sure most of you can get at least 10% off list if you ask. That brings cost down by $18.00. The PN is 20939829.
Any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 05:36 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

well that is good info to know!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:37 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raazor
thanks
X2 Good info.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:39 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Interesting. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you posted the same info in the thread by the vendor you speak of, why did you feel the need to start a new thread?

The vendor did say he would check into it and try to get the price lowered, and I believe even thanked you for letting him know.

I have to now question your intent.

Oh, and by the way, your even more in violation of the rules than you were the first time.

If you don't like the vendors price, then just move on.

Last edited by Swiftrider08; 03-25-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:04 PM
nevillej
Instructor

Appreciate you pointing out the discrepancy, however be forewarned when I basically did the same thing regarding a vendor I got slapped with a Sales Thread Rules Violation, interesting to note though that the vendor did change his advertisement in the end as to not inadvertently mislead any potential buyers. Guess in the end I was correct in what I did although it peeved a few administrators of the site otherwise why would the vendor have changed his advertisement. Not looking to get in any more "Trouble" so the vendor name and story will not be revisited. Hope you don't get violated
Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nevillej
Appreciate you pointing out the discrepancy, however be forewarned when I basically did the same thing regarding a vendor I got slapped with a Sales Thread Rules Violation, interesting to note though that the vendor did change his advertisement in the end as to not inadvertently mislead any potential buyers. Guess in the end I was correct in what I did although it peeved a few administrators of the site otherwise why would the vendor have changed his advertisement. Not looking to get in any more "Trouble" so the vendor name and story will not be revisited. Hope you don't get violated
Alot of you new guys just don't get it.

Your comments to the mods this time might just get you a bit of "time off" from the forum.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM
johnebgoode
Racer

I am not bashing and only stating facts. Didnt mention anyone's name either. There doesn't appear to be a violation.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by nevillej

Interference in a For Sale thread
If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...le-thread.html

Now, do you see the word "vendor" anywhere in that rule? That rule applies to ALL sales threads. What you did didn't peeve any administrators, it's just violated the forum rules, plain and simple.

Complaints, Suggestions & Questions
If you have suggestions for the improvement of the Forum, questions or criticism of the Forum or its moderation, you are welcome to PM or e-mail a moderator. Please do not use an open thread for such messages, however.

That would include, but is not limited to discussions about who has been banned and why.

The work on the Forum's volunteer moderators is difficult enough without having folks calling them out in open threads.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...questions.html

Last edited by Vette_DD; 03-25-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Bottom line is it is up to the consumer to check pricing through various sources and channels. CF vendors offer some good deals at times and others not so much. The prices on an item can vary significantly between vendors. Many vendors will price match or beat a quoted price. Fortunately one of the local to me dealers sells me parts just above wholesale rather than lose business. This has saved me a lot of money over the years. So generally my online purchases are related to aftermarket parts.

Last edited by DSOMC6; 03-25-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
Bottom line is it is up to the consumer to check pricing through various sources and channels. CF vendors offer some good deals at times and others not so much. The prices on an item can vary significantly between vendors. Many vendors will price match or beat a quoted price. Fortunately one of the local to me dealers sells me parts just above wholesale rather than lose business. This has saved me a lot of money over the years. So generally my online purchases are related to aftermarket parts.
Do your homework all the time, that might save you the "Corvette Tax"
Old 03-25-2012, 06:59 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08
Alot of you new guys just don't get it.

Your comments to the mods this time might just get you a bit of "time off" from the forum.
You should never comment on prices in this Forum....
Old 03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
nevillej
Instructor

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
The best thing I can do now is shut up I guess, I have never intended to infuriate/frustrate any forum members, vendors or moderators and if I have I apologize. I will say that I have read many, many posts regarding products/parts for vettes that people have praised and have purchased quite a few products from supporting vendors with nothing but complete satisfaction. Many of my purchases were due to favorable experiences by forum members.

If I have a direct issue with any vendor down the road (not anticipated) I would obviously communicate with them directly and if not resolved forward the issue to a moderator in a private message if I felt it made sense to do so. I have e-mailed several vendors privately for their outstanding products personally and have not sent any negative comments to any on products I have purchased since I have none. I consider myself a very honest person and sometimes may come across in too strong a manner depending on the circumstances. Once again I apologize.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Good info.

Get notified of new replies