How Corvette ownership has changed my life………. - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Old 03-25-2012, 11:30 PM
mpuzach
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,147 Times in 572 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave ZR-1 View Post
AWESOME pic of your vette!

Dave
God Bless!
Thanks, Dave! I got lucky with that one.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 PM
jschindler
CF Senior Member

I have to agree with you. I have been a huge car nut for over 45 years, but didn't really get into Corvettes until the past 10 years or so (even though I bought my first one 18 years ago).

I've always been pretty **** about my cars, but you are right that owning the Corvette took that to an all new level. The downside is that I frequently did not drive the Corvette because I was so picky about it. I virtually never drove it to go out to dinner for instance.

My car has now been gone for over 5 weeks (believe it or not) and not having it does make me cringe a bit. I was on the of the motorcycles today and saw a Z06 on the freeway. I freely admit that there is a bit of an empty feeling as I thought myself "hey, I used to own one of those".

Fortunately between selling the car and having a very good year at work, I have put a butt-load of money in my savings. Looking at my account balances gives me a good feeling, and it makes me more comfortable that I will own one again when I get close to or at retirement age - which will happen about half way through the C7 life cycle.

Good post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Rogers 07
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PittMD1 View Post
Glad to hear that your seeing the bright side of owning your car. It's all about attitude.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:48 PM
carjo
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again I love just looking at it I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it….
Very insightful. I agree and can relate to much of this....
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Mike Green9
CF Senior Member

Great Positive Post.

This is just such a fun car. We are lucky and privileged to own them.

Pride of ownership!

Enjoy the ride. The C6 stands alone.

M....
Old 03-26-2012, 12:01 AM
jasmin360
CF Senior Member

the corvette has the same effect on me also. if you stand back and look at your corvette you tend to appreciate that much more and although there are tons of positives with ownership but depending on age and gender there are some bad things things i try to ingnore but are really hard to tune out. things like people running up on your bumper while taking a sunday drive or having every punk in a honda spout off about how vtec will own your low tech v8. the ferrari owners have it worse because even though a lot of the admission price for one has dropped below a z06 a ferrari maintians a image of percieved wealth even our corvettes suffer from this. i guess in order to live with others in harmony you have to be a lazy underachiever with the education and imagination of a brick. owning my corvette has changed my life and my daughters life for the better. me and my daughter still desire a ferrari but owning a corvette gives me the experience of driving and taking care of a supercar .

Last edited by jasmin360; 03-26-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Good words....I think owning and driving a Corvette does something special to each of us.

I've owned and ridden horses for much of my life. In many respects I equate the Corvette to the horse. Because of the horse I met many wonderful people and I've done some amazing, fun things. It's very similar with the Corvette. I've made many great friends and I do fun things with the car (i.e., road racing). It's changing my life in that I'm riding less and driving more....trading one form of horsepower for another. It's not owning a horse or a Corvette....it's what I do with each that's important.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Drino
CF Member

You hit the nail on the head. SOOO right.

Can I add that I'm literally horrified if I see a water mark on a wheel. I stop short in parking spaces, or back into everything, and I pick spots faaaaar away from the store and walk. And my obsessiveness has moved on to embrace the garage floor now - I'm thinking that the Corvette deserves nice black and white checkered tiles. And maybe some diamond plate on the walls.

What kills me is that I caught myself wondering if I should ride my motorcycle in the rain so I wouldn't have to get the Vette wet.

It does seem crazy to have a car that I'm so particular about and paranoid about (Put your hands in your pockets and back away from the Vette. Don't even think about touching it, and I don't want your breath fogging up my glass!! LOL).

But wow, aren't they worth it? :-)
Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 AM
tonyasc6
CF Senior Member

Randy, I totally agree with you. I have also met some great people. I joined my local corvette club. Great people there even tho they are all older than me . They always harass me bout being a female owner & ask me if I'm picking on the old people.. Always a great time every time I get in the car. Tonya
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 AM
b4i4getit
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jschindler View Post
I have to agree with you. I have been a huge car nut for over 45 years, but didn't really get into Corvettes until the past 10 years or so (even though I bought my first one 18 years ago).

I've always been pretty **** about my cars, but you are right that owning the Corvette took that to an all new level. The downside is that I frequently did not drive the Corvette because I was so picky about it. I virtually never drove it to go out to dinner for instance.

My car has now been gone for over 5 weeks (believe it or not) and not having it does make me cringe a bit. I was on the of the motorcycles today and saw a Z06 on the freeway. I freely admit that there is a bit of an empty feeling as I thought myself "hey, I used to own one of those".

Fortunately between selling the car and having a very good year at work, I have put a butt-load of money in my savings. Looking at my account balances gives me a good feeling, and it makes me more comfortable that I will own one again when I get close to or at retirement age - which will happen about half way through the C7 life cycle.

Good post
Don't wait too long. That empty feeling will only get stronger.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Randy, I completely agree. You did leave out a couple of things. I never thought I'd have as much fun at a car show. And I really never believed I would spend the amount of money I have on kids for a car. I'm even modding my excursion now. When I bought my coupe, I got bit hard by the Vette bug.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 AM
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
What's wax?
My self !
Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 AM
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
I do agree.
The people I have met in the Corvette community, be it in person, or on this forum, have been stellar individuals.
These ............

Last edited by MikeyTX; 03-17-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:10 AM
duramaxsky
CF Senior Member

It has not changed my life but I like my car a lot.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 AM
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by harley7453 View Post
Don't you get anxiety when you park your Corvette in a public area and have to leave it without being able to watch it? Or worry about cars parking up against it or even next to it?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 AM
jasmin360
CF Senior Member

I know I do that's why I go in and get out of the stores as fast as my vette accelerates
Old 03-26-2012, 01:54 AM
jasmin360
CF Senior Member

I also remember in 1995 when the zr1 had a special key so valet drivers couldn't access all 405 horsepower
Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 AM
jasmin360
CF Senior Member

Buying my first vette was a wonderful time for me and my daughter. I work on a lot of Porsches Ferrari's and Maserati,s but working on supercars and not owning one sucked so I looked at the gt500 my daughter didn't like it very much and it was marked up to z06 sticker price. The Challenger was to big and wasn't enough car for the money so I went to Chevrolet and looked at the Corvette. My daughter loved it and thought it looked like the Ferrari 360 the car dad doesn't have the extra funds put away in case something goes wrong like the camshaft variators or the cracked exhaust manifolds something the 355 has suffered from I know because I had to change a few before. My Corvette is brilliant it puts a smile on my 8 year daughters face that's priceless
Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 AM
brettbolt
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler View Post

Good post
My situation is very similar. I parted with my C6 7 weeks ago and not having it is depressing. But now I have a hefty savings account, and am thinking down the road, maybe 6 years from now, of owning another Corvette.

I sold my C6 because I am putting my youngest son through college and also house hunting while interest rates are low. I replaced it with a 2002 BMW 530i and came out $20K ahead. But I cannot forget the thrill of owning my '08 C6. I know there will come a day when I have to convince my wife to let me get another. Not now, but definitely when we're done paying tuition for my youngest son.

Brett
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LisasZR1 View Post
Randy, I completely agree. You did leave out a couple of things. I never thought I'd have as much fun at a car show. And I really never believed I would spend the amount of money I have on kids for a car. I'm even modding my excursion now. When I bought my coupe, I got bit hard by the Vette bug.
I agree, I love going to car shows on a nice summer day. I really enjoy the all makes/model car shows the best but naturally gravitate towards the Vette the most. I always stop to drool over a ZR1.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: