C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Default How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again I love just looking at it I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it….
Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
harley7453
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again I love just looking at it I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it….
Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,432 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Most fun I've ever had with automobiles has been with my vettes.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

What's wax?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Torchsport
What's wax?

I thought about you when I was writing that.....
Old 03-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I do agree.
The people I have met in the Corvette community, be it in person, or on this forum, have been stellar individuals.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Dave ZR-1
Intermediate

Default I Agree!!!!

Originally Posted by OnPoint

lol yep, tons of fun....

now I am thinking about another Viper a 2002 FE red/white stripes, I had one years ago...one word..AWESOME

And I am looking at getting a 2013 Vette convertible with the ZO-6 engine!!!! Anyone know anything about these yet?

God Bless!
Dave
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dave ZR-1

lol yep, tons of fun....

now I am thinking about another Viper a 2002 FE red/white stripes, I had one years ago...one word..AWESOME

And I am looking at getting a 2013 Vette convertible with the ZO-6 engine!!!! Anyone know anything about these yet?

God Bless!
Dave

There have been a few threads already about the 427 Vert. Most folks think it's a cool idea. A quick search would pull those up quick.

I'd go for the 427 vert over the snake, but that's just me.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

lol yep, tons of fun....

God Bless!
Dave
Ya , Just don't call it a ZO6 convertable buddy.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Nick_D
Advanced

I do the same thing now. Most of the time when my wife and I go to the movies I prefer to take her car over my corvette because I don't want to leave it in the parking garage! I think it might be a combination of paranoia though.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

But…………………….
Sooooo true...and I never thought about it...but you hit the nail on the head!....

Especially..." I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more." !!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Dave ZR-1
Intermediate

Default 427 vert

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Onpoint, how do you like you callaway s/c vette?

I have given those a thought also. my decision may come down to the callaway vs. the 427 vert.

Is there MUCH more SOP difference?

Dave

God Bless!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by N2TU
Sooooo true...and I never thought about it...but you hit the nail on the head!....

Especially..." I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more." !!!!
I had to laugh today when I was using the Master Blaster to dry my car. The neighbor was looking at me like I was crazy.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know just how you feel.
I've reached a whole new plateau of "car care".
I pay more attention to what the inside of my garage looks like.
It is, as most here on the CF put it, a way of life!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Onpoint, how do you like you callaway s/c vette?

I have given those a thought also. my decision may come down to the callaway vs. the 427 vert.

Is there MUCH more SOP difference?

Dave

God Bless!

Love the Callaway. 606 hp. Yeah, you can feel it. She runs/pulls hard.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had to laugh today when I was using the Master Blaster to dry my car. The neighbor was looking at me like I was crazy.
i dont want to hijack this thread but R&L C6, how would the master blaster compare to say a compressor and air nozzle at 125psi(which is what i use now) in terms of power. ive seen them in advertisements but know nothing about them and always considered one. fast ans will do. thanks.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

I've never tried that. Does that work pretty well?

I'd be afraid it would kick up dust around the car.

Get notified of new replies

To How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Old 03-25-2012, 06:53 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that your seeing the bright side of owning your car. It's all about attitude.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 789 Likes on 533 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

But…………………….
Old 03-25-2012, 07:04 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by red2012
i dont want to hijack this thread but R&L C6, how would the master blaster compare to say a compressor and air nozzle at 125psi(which is what i use now) in terms of power. ive seen them in advertisements but know nothing about them and always considered one. fast ans will do. thanks.
I have never used a compressor but I would imagine if the tank is big enough it probably would work just as well. I used a leaf blower before and I definitely like the Blaster better.

Quick Reply: How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….