C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Roadside Assistance

GM Roadside Assistance works!

Had my first failure of my '08 coupe, wouldn't start Sat 3-24. Charged the battery and it started BUT-- wouldn't re-start after a 10 mile drive. Alternator showing 14.5 output all the time but the battery never got over 12 volts. It would show a surface charge of 13.6 but as soon as I hit the starter it would drop to below 12V.

No Dealers Service or parts open Sat afternoon so get the Yellow Pages out and try to find a Battery. Only three shops in Austin that are open Sat. and Sun. have the correct battery, anywhere from $86 to $212. By now it's 6PM and I'm PO'd, I'll wait till Sun.

Car won't start Sun AM, even with 3 hours on the charger. Called GM Roadside Assistance (2 'Vettes over the last 8 years and NEVER used them) and 30 minutes later a truck pulls up with a jumper battery. No hassle, no charge, just started the car. Wonder what the charge would have been to have a jump start at my house without the Roadside Assistance?

Off to PEP Boys Sun aft., $102 for a 36/96 warranty battery for $102. All's well again. Might be better off with a PEP Boys battery, they are open weekends and evenings. Ever try to get Dealer Service off hours? If this battery ever needs replacement on a night or weekend at least PEP Boys is open.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:02 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Glad to hear it worked for you.
I had to use it once. My ECM started going out on an 08 Coupe. Left me stranded on the road for about 25 minutes. It was intermitent, and started on it's own about 5 minutes before the flatbed showed up, but nice to know it's there if you need it.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:05 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Good to know.

Get notified of new replies

To Roadside Assistance

Quick Reply: Roadside Assistance