C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer is Here! Z140 and X940 Now Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Does the Kenwood harness work with the HUD?
Its not available yet to let you honestly know.
They are still working on final changes to the Ford SYNC version that is coming out first
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by rabnestic
Looks like a great deal! I did the 930BT from DDMods and I totally endorse them. The install was 40 minutes with only 1 splice needed! Super clean swap out of my stock C6 convertible nav system. Go for it!!!
Thanks again for the business and for your reply
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

current orders shipped!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,667 Posts

I just picked up a 2012, and the NAV is garbage. The only thing it has going for it is connectivity with the rest of the car. Here is my question, assuming I'm buying the necessary harnesses, will the Pioneer:

1. Work with Factory Steering wheel Audio controls?
2. Work with factory steering wheel Bluetooth hands free controls?
3. Work with factory USB hub in the arm rest?
4. Will it disable OnStar Completely? Can't send or receive?
5. Does the Pioneer still have a programable switch that can control Mild to Wild (my Pioneer in my '08 did)

Other than what I have listed above, does it disable anything else? (I don't care about the turn-by-turn in the heads up...actually thats annoying).
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Dlinderman
I just picked up a 2012, and the NAV is garbage. The only thing it has going for it is connectivity with the rest of the car. Here is my question, assuming I'm buying the necessary harnesses, will the Pioneer:

1. Work with Factory Steering wheel Audio controls?
yes with the ASWC or PAC SWI RC
2. Work with factory steering wheel Bluetooth hands free controls?
Kinda- your limited as your not using the stock mic anymore
3. Work with factory USB hub in the arm rest?
no you would have one via rear usb input on the z140
4. Will it disable OnStar Completely? Can't send or receive?
we can if you like
5. Does the Pioneer still have a programable switch that can control Mild to Wild (my Pioneer in my '08 did)
no you will want the Kenwood 9990HD for this
http://shop.doubledmods.com/Kenwood-...6PKG9990HD.htm

Other than what I have listed above, does it disable anything else? (I don't care about the turn-by-turn in the heads up...actually thats annoying).
No you can retain everything else

Call me if you would like to discuss all features and options

Thanks
Dennis
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM
QWKSRT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered the Z140BH from Dennis. I can tell you this guy is friendly, knowledgeable and patient with questions. I called three local shops and one Internet retailer and DD's price is by far the best.. plus he's pre-wiring some mods no charge.. the local crooks wanted extra money for this. Excited to receive everything next week. I'll post feedback and pics once the install is done. Thanks Dennis!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Dennis,

What do you normally do with all the cables? My Z140BH barely fits in with all the crap you need to stuff behind it.

I have the Traffic Tuner mounted under the HVAC, the ASWC mounted next to the Radio off to the side. The PAC is mounted behind the radio (no other place for it, that thing is huge), my Rear Camera "module" is mounted on the driver side of the radio, and the chime module is mounted above the "key insert" hole near the glovebox. I have tons and tons of wires tucked on each side of the radio cubby and still I had issues.

The biggest problem is that the Metra Dash kit and the Z140BH don't get along well, when you open the display the Z140 has difficulty and "hits" the top of the radio surround (this with the Metra kit mounted all the way on the radio). Maybe I have the radio mounted too far back? But more forward seems to cause issues with the bottom tilt. Do you have pictures of the Metra Kit on the Radio housing?

I'm not interested in taking mine apart any time soon but I think long term I might have to.

PAC works like a charm BTW, as do all my other components. It's just the freaking wiring that's driving me batty!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 PM
QWKSRT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
Dennis,

What do you normally do with all the cables? My Z140BH barely fits in with all the crap you need to stuff behind it.

I have the Traffic Tuner mounted under the HVAC, the ASWC mounted next to the Radio off to the side. The PAC is mounted behind the radio (no other place for it, that thing is huge), my Rear Camera "module" is mounted on the driver side of the radio, and the chime module is mounted above the "key insert" hole near the glovebox. I have tons and tons of wires tucked on each side of the radio cubby and still I had issues.

The biggest problem is that the Metra Dash kit and the Z140BH don't get along well, when you open the display the Z140 has difficulty and "hits" the top of the radio surround (this with the Metra kit mounted all the way on the radio). Maybe I have the radio mounted too far back? But more forward seems to cause issues with the bottom tilt. Do you have pictures of the Metra Kit on the Radio housing?

I'm not interested in taking mine apart any time soon but I think long term I might have to.

PAC works like a charm BTW, as do all my other components. It's just the freaking wiring that's driving me batty!
Installed mine without issue. Nothing hits.. looks like a professional install. I agree it's tight back there for all the cables. I tucked most of them DOWN and BACK under the climate controls box. Some of the other cables went back and to the right over near the glove box.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by QWKSRT
Installed mine without issue. Nothing hits.. looks like a professional install. I agree it's tight back there for all the cables. I tucked most of them DOWN and BACK under the climate controls box. Some of the other cables went back and to the right over near the glove box.
What mount holes on the side did you use?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:55 AM
QWKSRT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
What mount holes on the side did you use?
Honestly don't remember but if memory serves those side brackets marked L/R were opposite from what I thought L/R would be which is L driver side and R passenger side. The R I believe went passenger side and L went drivers side.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
FastMattCorvettes
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the z140, and I have to say that I love it! You don't know what you've been missing without HD radio and bluetooth streaming until you have it. I suggest getting the ipod cord right away also. If you want to bypass this radio to use the video and map features while you're driving, you will need to do the bypass before you install it. I tried to do it myself by watching a video on youtube about removing the mute wire, but I found a much better solution. Microbypass sells an extra pin so you don't have to pull out the mute wire. That is just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Pioneer is Here! Z140 and X940 Now Shipping!