C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my newly shaved C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Jayster_NM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get over it. It's their opinion. Your opinion about their posts being negative makes your post negative. If the OP is going to put pictures up on a forum that is controversial then he should expect all sorts of opinions.

My opinion: the car looks cool but it's silly.

Originally Posted by brooklync5
Shut up already all your negative posts get old...
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Car looks AWESOME, but have to agree about the side marker lights. They are there for a reason and removing them is not safe.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:14 AM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice looking! Well done.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RabidVette
Just got my car back from the body shop. Added an SIC Z06 front bumper, RPI side skirts, APR rear diffuser, and shaved the door handles and side markers. The body shop did a flawless job and the car came out great IMO. I had originally wanted to shave the Z06 scoop to avoid the double scoop look, but the body shop didn't think it would hold up so I kept it, and I think it is starting to grow on me. I'll get some better pics once the car is cleaned up. There is a "before" pic in my sig for reference

your bumper is fiberglass, if the shop plugged it up using compatible materials, it would hold up without any issues. That hood scoop should not be there, it just spoils the look. Or you could have picked a hood with heat extractors instead of that scoop. The car looks very nice otherwise BTW, you should either add front splash guards to protect this great looking paint job or clear guard it in a hurry, you will have a gravel machine gun otherwise.

Last edited by petermj; 03-31-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Side profile is amazing, probably the cleanest look I've seen. Beautiful.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Sure, it looks cool and all, but seems to me that if you drive that black car at night, you'd want those side-markers properly illuminated so that the average Joe-Driver would see the side of your car more easily and therefore avoid any potential contact with said side of car.

Not hatin', just sayin'.....
Old 03-31-2012, 12:51 PM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

lookin good.

to all the haters
Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
jimmyb496
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Get laid recently?

Car looks great. If I saw it, I'd prob think it looks extra clean and unique, but knowing me, I would pick out that the door handles and marker lights were gone... until I try to get in
Old 03-31-2012, 02:07 PM
derty01
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice. Someday I plan to go widebooty.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by laconiajack
So, now that you have shaved the side marker lights, you car is now illegal to drive in all fifty states, plus nearly every foreign country. Interesting.
Getting rid of side markers

This is the 1st time I've ever agreed with laconiajack
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Its a great look and if the tickets get to be too much it can be a show car. But here in CA, most likely it would not be fix it tickets since its something that was done intentionally. Its not like it was a light bulb or headlight that burned out on its own, its something intentionally removed or altered by the owner and is a violation of FMVSS (federal motor vehicle safety standards) in every state. Excellent job though, not something i'd do with my cars but i enjoy looking at the modified cars and the incredible custom work that goes into some of these cars!
I agree and the Leo has different options under what code violation to write the ticket.

Tinted windows can be a fix it ticket or just a fine. Nothing broke here but an illegal mod.

My point was that the State has a way of getting their money or putting the car off the road, at least legally speaking.

Not any fun to drive around waiting for the hammer to drop, at least in my book!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by petermj
your bumper is fiberglass, if the shop plugged it up using compatible materials, it would hold up without any issues.
I had the bumper cover off mine a couple of days ago to install a splitter. It's not fiberglass.

OP's car looks super nice, I like it.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Das wus up! I like a nice clean C6
Old 03-31-2012, 04:52 PM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
I had the bumper cover off mine a couple of days ago to install a splitter. It's not fiberglass.

OP's car looks super nice, I like it.
His is aftermarket.

OP, looks great. Enjoy in good health!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Jimsan
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this is a beauty!!! Really nice!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

That side profile is sweeet!!

I love the shaved door handles. I wouldn't have done the side lights just to avoid the potential hassles, but there's no doubt that it looks sleek that way. Nice job!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:01 PM
RabidVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by james2292
Looking good !!!! Nothing looks cleaner than a shaven C6
Thanks! Your car was actually the inspiration for me to do this. If I hadn't seen pictures of your car, I likely never would have ended up doing it. Your car looks great.

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Looks good to a point. The rear diffuser sticks out to far for my liking. I like the spoiler and the hood a lot but the rear looks like to much going on.

Here in California the non existent side markers would be a ticket for sure as well as the other 49 States and one would not be able to register the car next period with a outstanding fix it ticket pending. Just kinda of a hassle if the car was to get ticketed.

All these mentioned points are of now consequence though as it is your car, enjoy and don't twist your neck watching for the Leo's.

Resale would be more limited too.
Thanks. I see what you mean about the rear diffuser from looking at the pictures. Fortunately, it looks much better in person IMO. I thought the car needed a little something extra in the rear to complement the aggressive front lip and side skirts.

Originally Posted by glenB
Crawl through the back? Do you no longer have the door release cable located in the rear hatch area?
I still have it, just forgot it existed. I'm glad you guys reminded me; I rolled the windows up out of habit last night and had to use the cable to get in the car this morning!

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy
actually when you post a pic of your ride you are inviting opinions, good and bad. Its called a forum. I think you are being pretty arrogant and thin skinned to think that everybody is going to drool all over it without some negative comments especially when it question the legality of driving the car.
I guess you haven't bothered to read all the posts in this thread. Another member asked a legitimate question about the legality of the side markers and I was happy to oblige. I welcome comments and criticism regarding the appearance of the car. If my car is not to someone's taste, that's more than okay with me. However, comments about the legality of the side markers are not relevant to this thread. Any reasonable person would realize that I (or anyone else) who chooses to do such a modification is well aware of the legalities and potential consequences of doing so. It is a risk that I am comfortable taking, and I am confident I will never have any issues with LEO's regarding the car. Here in Central PA it is not something that the police seem to bother themselves with. Again, I am more than accepting criticism and am far from "thin skinned" or "arrogant". If you can't discern between constructive criticism and someone just being plain rude, that's your problem, not mine. There are words to describe people like you, but I won't resort to name calling like you did.

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
I think the 'shaved' door handles look great and your plan to mount/hide the switches in the mirrors is a cool solution too.

I'd be interested to know if you have to add some form of actuator to pop the door open far enough for you get your hand inside to pull it open.
For now, I am planning on just pressing the button and applying a little downward pressure on the rubber seal at the base of the window to open the door. If this proves too difficult, I will likely look at adding some type of actuator.

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Man your car is lowered the way I wanted to lower mine when I had the SIC Z06 style bumper.

The front edge of mine was 4" off the ground and I still scraped every now and then. Yours looks to be at least an inch lower than mine was, if not more.

I bet you have to be very careful which driveways/entrances you go into, and how you approach each.

Drive her carefully and watch out for those LEOs.
Yes, I have to be extremely careful. I have seen pictures of your car when I was researching the SIC bumper and it looked great. What bumper do you have on there now?

Originally Posted by capehorn3
Great job, I'm a big fan of shaved. Saw a C5 with fuel door relocated to door jam. Couldn't you somehow rig your remotes horn button to pop the door, that would be sweet.
Good idea, if I end up going with actuators that is definitely something to consider.

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Don't get me wrong the car looks great and many aspects I like.

My comments are based on what I would want to do and not do.

Just saying not bashing..

Being retired now I have limited $$ so redo's are out of the picture. With funding mods are just for fun and can be changed accordingly.

Wasted a lot of dough when I was working and now I have to live a bit more conservatively. This is my choice and I am fine with it.

Again cool car.
Thank you. I take no offense to your comments at all and appreciate your perspective.

Originally Posted by Res1cue
Here is a cool idea for you. Use a manetic reed switch positioned somewhere behind a panel and use a magnetic ring like the one below:

http://www.billythetree.com/gold-and...FQ1U7AodNgJ4xg

Reed switch can be purchased here:
http://www.meder.com/reed-switches3....FQYEnQodxyeeLw

These are hermetically sealed so they should last a lifetime.
That is genius! I can't imagine how slick a setup like that would be. I think I may actually look into that, thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by petermj
your bumper is fiberglass, if the shop plugged it up using compatible materials, it would hold up without any issues. That hood scoop should not be there, it just spoils the look. Or you could have picked a hood with heat extractors instead of that scoop. The car looks very nice otherwise BTW, you should either add front splash guards to protect this great looking paint job or clear guard it in a hurry, you will have a gravel machine gun otherwise.
Unfortunately, the front bumper is polyurethane (and a very flexible version at that). The body shop that did the work is an experienced custom shop that has done cars for SEMA, etc., so I was comfortable trusting their judgement. If it was a fiberglass bumper, you are correct, patching it up would be no problem. But being made of PU, they felt there would be too much flexing in that area for it to hold up over time. The car came with the hood already installed when I purchased it. I am going to wait a few weeks and see if the look grows on me. If not, I'll be getting a hood without a scoop (but probably a slight cowl and heat extractors).

Originally Posted by TNTC4VETTE
His is aftermarket.

OP, looks great. Enjoy in good health!
Aftermarket, yes, but still made of polyurethane. Thanks for the compliment.

Everyone else, thank you for the (mostly positive) comments. Even the not-so-positive ones are welcomed, as long as they are done with a little tact and aren't just plain insulting.

Last edited by RabidVette; 03-31-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics of my newly shaved C6

Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Vette has some attitude look to it, nicely done.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

looks great.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Get laid recently?

op - looks great! You pretty much have everything I want to do when I step up to wide body.

What are you doing to open the doors? What about in the event of loosing power?
This from a guy that does 95 in a 55 MPH zone and then listens to his girl friend who says it's because the police are trying to make money off of him. People who disregard the law, be it doing 95 in a 55 mph zone, or shaving off their side marker lights are birds of a feather. Loosers stick together!

Quick Reply: Pics of my newly shaved C6