C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:58 PM
jagvet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Inspection

Many listers have strongly recommended that a buyer of a used Corvette (C6 in my case) have an inspection conducted before purchasing the car. Quite obviously, this is excellent advise. This brings up a couple of questions:

1) If purchasing from a dealer (for the sake of discussion, let's assume the dealer is unknown to the buyer) it would appear to be a very poor idea to have the selling dealer conduct the pre-sale inspection, or even recommend a third party to do the inspection due to possible conflict of interest issues? Not that I don't have complete and unwavering faith in used car dealers/salesmen ;-).

2) If the car is located a long distance away from the buyer, how does the buyer find a qualified third party to conduct the inspection? Emphasis on "qualified".

3) Approx. how much should one expect to pay for an inspection?

TIA
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If it's far away, have someone on the forum check it out. They are usually pretty helpful. If it's a dealership near you, just find someone who knows more about corvettes (again, the forum) to go with you.

In my case, I bought mine from Carmax. It has a 5-day, no questions asked, return policy. The first thing I did was take it to a shop in town on Dale Mabry Highway that restores vettes. They put it up on a rack and checked it out.

I offered to pay them but since they were Vette people, they wouldn't accept. They even test drove it with me and showed me how some of the stuff worked.

In my opinion, you really want to get the car up on a rack and look underneath.

Oh, and I think $100 would more than suffice.

Quick Reply: C6 Inspection