C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cost ls3. forged

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:15 AM
corvetteC62011
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cost ls3. forged

What would it cost to have a ls3 rebuild with forged rods crank etc??
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
lynnb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jorge858
your choice of crank and etc will determine the cost. anywhere from 4 to 8 grand labor included.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by jorge858
Most will say the crank can handle a lot of HP. My build with factory crank cost 6500 with labor.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Go with the best! I suggest you call Lingenfelter, Katech or Callaway and ask. These are IMHO the premier names in Corvette performance and I believe all three provide great warranties on their naturally aspirated applications....a testament to the quality of their workmanship. The Lingenfelter '403 conversion' was way more expensive than forced induction but well worth the money over the long haul. You're not just slapping a supercharger on a stock, cast-piston engine. Not only do I prefer naturally aspirated power but in road racing it's almost a requirement. Virtually all the serious Corvette (road) racers I know use naturally aspirated power.

I replaced my factory engine with a fully built Lingenfelter 403 motor almost 6 years ago. Weekend after weekend, year after year I've run the snot out of the car on road courses. My built LPE engine hasn't so much as hiccupped in all that time. I've often thought about getting a fully built LPE 427 motor but that damn 403 just keeps-on going. A few months ago I had to get an updated dyno test for race group classification. My tired 6 year old LPE motor puts-down more horsepower and torque now than it did when it was new!

I've seen a lot of modified Corvette engines (built by supposedly great builders) fail for one reason or another. My good friend has had 3 or possibly 4 different engines in his 2005. He's spent many times what I did for my one LPE engine. I'm a believer, it pays to go with the best! Call Lingenfelter, Katech or Callaway and see what they can do for you. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To cost ls3. forged

Quick Reply: cost ls3. forged