C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLeod RXT vs. Mantic ER2 clutches??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default McLeod RXT vs. Mantic ER2 clutches??

I am looking for some feedback on the following 2 clutches:

- McLeod RXT Twin Street Clutch
- Mantic ER2 Single Street Clutch

I am looking at these 2 clutches only due the pricing and shops I can get them from locally...

I was sold on the McLeod RXT b/c the shop the car is at sells these and wanted to keep it simple with their in house parts, what theyre comfortable installing. Ive read good reviews on the forum, but recently someone PM'd me that they were not impressed with the RXT. Also, has anyone used their stock flywheel with the RXT, how did it hold up/feel?

My other option was the Mantic ER2 as the price is somewhat cheaper & includes a flywheel... I dont think the McLeod does. I have only seen good reviews on the Mantic so far but dont know if anyone has logged a lot of miles and racing on the ER2??

My driving style is pretty aggressive and dont mind a somewhat stiff pedal. Right now I have the clutch spring removed and it doesnt bother me. How do both these clutch pedals feel?
I am also making around 500rwhp and dont plan to do a lot more than that in the short term... Long term maybe a 150 n2o shot.
Mostly street driven so definitely not looking for an ON/OFF clutch, but am looking for something that grabs decent and can take the abuse of maybe 4 to 5 days of drag racing a year, at most.

I appreciate any reviews or opinions you guys can give me!

Thx - Chris

Last edited by CDaniel525; 04-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM
vette217
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a RXT installed a month ago. The pedal feels stock and I bought a new fly wheel from them when i had it installed. I'm putting down close to 600 at the wheels and have no issues at all. I'm more than happy with it.

Quick Reply: McLeod RXT vs. Mantic ER2 clutches??