C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-25-2015, 12:37 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

Listening to iphone music on car's Bluetooth ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Unfortunatly my 2011 GS (2LT) with the standard Delco radio and no Nav does not have a USB connector anywhere in the car.

All I have is that real little input jack in the upper right side of the radio panel.

Still can't figure out what it's good for ... The iPhone don't have that kind of jack on it.

Maybe to connect to some cheap little hand held CD player?
You can listen to the music on the iPod on the phone or you can listen to Pandora; both use the Aux on the OE head unit...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 PM
sportcruiser
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one of these. Not as elegant as the PAL, but it charges the phone and plays music.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3505502..._lwgsi=y&cbt=y
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
jh61408
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sportcruiser
I have one of these. Not as elegant as the PAL, but it charges the phone and plays music.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3505502..._lwgsi=y&cbt=y
You have to plug in two things with that, Besides the mess of cables running through your car, Nice and cheap way of doing it. But i prefer a cleaner install, just my preference.

On a Corvette, You could plug it in under the armrest console, but the AUX input is on the Deck. With the PAL/ V2 Unit everything is hidden, Very clean install. Some corvette don't have the AUX input so you are back to something else. My suggestion would be the PAL unit from Ray.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
sportcruiser
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jh61408
You have to plug in two things with that, Besides the mess of cables running through your car, Nice and cheap way of doing it. But i prefer a cleaner install, just my preference.

On a Corvette, You could plug it in under the armrest console, but the AUX input is on the Deck. With the PAL/ V2 Unit everything is hidden, Very clean install. Some corvette don't have the AUX input so you are back to something else. My suggestion would be the PAL unit from Ray.
As I said, not as elegant; but it is functionally equivalent if you don't have NAV.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
jh61408
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

@sportcruiser - Not sure what you mean by "functionally equivalent", As the pal unit, you have use of controls on steering wheel as it will change or switch to next track. It also does it on Pandora also, I am sure you would have the same functions with a NAV units too, Plus the functionally of playlist's and Podcasts listed on the display of the radio.

I am sure you don't have use of steering wheel control with that style, I have used one similar in style on another vehicle i own as they did not make a unit to integrate the iPhone to my Radio. As i really like using my phone for my music. It works pretty good, but you have to manually change tracks or what ever on the phone. It sure beats the FM transmitters, they are just plain terrible.

It sure beats XM and regular radio stations with the use of Pandora, I wished they had some sort of News cast on Pandora, also XM sounds quality is not that great.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:03 PM
txsugar08
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear
It won't work that way. All your Bluetooth/GS connection does is make and receive phone calls. Sorry!

There has to be a way because if you use Google Maps on you phone you can hear the turn by turn direction throught your car speakers.

Quick Reply: Listening to iphone music on car's Bluetooth ?