C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Force daytime running lights to stay ON?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 08:25 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by corgiriever
my C7 DRL turn off when I use my turn signal..can I over ride this so they don't turn off when the turn signal is engaged
Probably not, since the reason they turn off when the signal is on is so other drivers can see the signal better. Every car I've seen that has LED running lights similar to the C7 have them go off when the turn signal is turned on. I don't like the way it looks, but I doubt it's changeable for safety reasons.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:27 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
WOW! I must start double checking the dates before responding.
I did delete my post with some useful info, because the original OP did not come back until 4 years later to say he gave up
I didn't notice the date either. That's one of the problems with using the search function (which many chastise posters into doing): they'll search and find an old thread, then post to it and others post also thinking it's a recent question.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:36 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by MKenM
You've posted what appears to be a C7 question in the C6 Forum. If you have a C6 you can change the DRL's from filament bulbs to LED's. When you do that you will need load resistors. The colors are as follows depending on the LED's you get. White DRL. Directional amber followed by off followed by amber and then back to white when turn is completed or white, amber, white, amber until completed. If you have a C7 that is a whole different game.
3 posts in a year should answer the question ..........

Quick Reply: Force daytime running lights to stay ON?