C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday the 13th #2

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bonnell
I should have my vette back on Friday, Friday the 28th. No more Friday the 13th!

The total was right at $3,000. They replaced the nose and all of the support, the lower left air dam (or whatever it is called) and the driver side light assembly. The light was $995 by itself.

Luckily the damage was all cosmetic.

The following Friday I am driving to Dallas to have NPP and M2W installed. I look forward to that road trip; especially hearing the NPP open on the way back.

Two weeks is not bad at all! I had an uncoordinated teenage driver miss his parking spot and tag my quarter panel and rear fascia with his volvo. His insurance company screwed me over for 6 weeks before they cracked and stopped trying to tell me they had the "right" to have the cracked panels body filled and sanded....

Glad to see you'll have your car back promptly.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
bonnell
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks JSB. I had to claim on my insurance and they will subrogate USAA. I couldn't get USAA to move on it. They won't act until they "get a statement" from their client - regardless of what the police report says. I have to pay my deductible and get reimbursed when my insurance gets paid.

You have a great looking vette. My last vette was JSB and if I had it to do again I would have found another JSB instead of black.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Take a look at autoloss.com for help on any diminished value claim you want to make.

They have a good track record in my state, but some states are different.

Glad you car back.

Quick Reply: Friday the 13th #2