C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with '05 C6 hid low beam installation please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM
8URPONY
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with '05 C6 hid low beam installation please...

I purchased the 6000k hid low beam replacement bulbs for my '05 c6 a while back and am trying to install them now using a write-up I found on the forums.

My questions are-

How hard should it be to remove the wire plug/harness from the oem bulb? Mine is on there really good and I don't want to break anything by pulling on it too hard.

Also, should the battery be disconnected before attempting this job. Obviously, Ive been messing with it already and the battery is still connected but just thought I'd ask. Dont want to fry myself in the process!

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 PM
8URPONY
Advanced

would love to knock this out tonight if possible.....

its frustrating bc I'm so close!

are the harnesses attached with squeeze tabs or something. I dont see anything but must be missing something here bc the things wont come off

Anyone who knows what Im referring to and can advise how to get them off would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Battery being connected shouldn't be any problem.

The silver plug/connector is usually secured on the bulb igniter housing pretty stout. I use a small flat blade screwdriver and gently pry the plug off the bulb housing.

You'll probably have to remove the mounting flange off the old buld and install on the new bulb. Pay attention on how it comes off so you can put it on the new on in the correct position.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 PM
8URPONY
Advanced

thanks

I made some progress but still cant get the darn thing off

the silver piece that is wrapped around the plastic connection separated when I squeezed it with a pair of pliers but the plastic piece seems to still be stuck in the back of the igniter housing

should I use a flat head to pry between the plastic and the igniter now that I can see it with the metal clamp separated?

I feel like my headlights are going to be way out off if I keep tugging on it in every direction
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

After I removed the two mounting screws, my bulbs came out easy.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Carefully. Most aren;t this snug. Wiggle it side to side and gently pry out. Is the bulb still in the light. You may have better leverage if you remove the bulb from the projector. Careful with the 2 screws also. They like to fall into the light housing.

Originally Posted by 8URPONY
thanks

I made some progress but still cant get the darn thing off

the silver piece that is wrapped around the plastic connection separated when I squeezed it with a pair of pliers but the plastic piece seems to still be stuck in the back of the igniter housing

should I use a flat head to pry between the plastic and the igniter now that I can see it with the metal clamp separated?

I feel like my headlights are going to be way out off if I keep tugging on it in every direction

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with '05 C6 hid low beam installation please...

Quick Reply: Need help with '05 C6 hid low beam installation please...