C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE Shout Out for Ray Kawal - GM PAL

Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 PM
pmt67usa
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Default HUGE Shout Out for Ray Kawal - GM PAL

I wanted to relay a story about getting my GM PAL IPOD interface to work in my newly purchased but used Corvette. WHen I connected the IPOD, it began to play quietly...VERY NICE, however, within a few seconds the XM2 channel began to play also so I actually had 2 input sources playing at the same time....very disconcerting.

I sent Ray a PM as the renowned IPOD interface guru on the Forum describing the symptoms. He called me at home and spent 20 minutes troubleshooting & diagnosing the situation. He concluded, rightly, that the XM input connection under the dash was not connected to the PAL device but the the PAL device was connected to the NAV/radio. Hence the dualing input sources.

Later, I looked under the dash and found that the wiring connection was made to the wrong wire at the Splice Pack. The GM PAL was connected to the Driver's Seat memory module..no wonder the seat was dancing all the time...LOL. Ray talked me through fixing the problem and now EVERYTHING works exactly as it should, even the Seat Memory module.

Without a doubt, this is some of the best support from a vendor and a testimony to the value of the Forum. THANKS Ray.

Pat Terry
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Ray is the man and a nice guy to boot.. spent 20mins on the phone with me and the problem turned out to be my iphone!! LOL!! he's a gem for sure!! Smart, honest and helpful..
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

I also have to thank Ray for his super fast shipping on my Aux cable.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Very cool guy

Get notified of new replies

To HUGE Shout Out for Ray Kawal - GM PAL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HUGE Shout Out for Ray Kawal - GM PAL