C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powder coating calipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Thanks Jimmy C6, will look into it. Didn't want the down time but the core exchange sounds good.

Man my grammar sucked in that earlier post!
Mike does not do exchanges on GS/Z06 calipers, the other fella does but he charges a much higher price, his price does include shipping however, but still, its much higher and yes that is after the core exchange is refunded.

I am in the same boat as you, I don't want the downtime. I would love to find someone with a set of calipers I could exchange to have powdercoated and then send them my 5k mile silver GS back to.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Which Mike does the GS exchange, Mike the pilot or TPSMak?
Also, anyone who has the 2012 oem GS calipers...how is finish? Painted or powder coated?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Which Mike does the GS exchange, Mike the pilot or TPSMak?
Also, anyone who has the 2012 oem GS calipers...how is finish? Painted or powder coated?
TPSMak does offer GS/Z06 caliper exchange...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 AM
4MuscleMachines
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shysterman69
Mike does not do exchanges on GS/Z06 calipers, the other fella does but he charges a much higher price, his price does include shipping however, but still, its much higher and yes that is after the core exchange is refunded.

I am in the same boat as you, I don't want the downtime. I would love to find someone with a set of calipers I could exchange to have powdercoated and then send them my 5k mile silver GS back to.
TPS charges a higher price because first of all Z06/GS calipers are more expensive to powdercoat, secondly he replaces all seals and boots, and finally he includes the shipping back to you.

Quick Reply: Powder coating calipers