C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any hotel recommendations for Bowling Green?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 AM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Nothing wrong with the La Quinta on exit 22. Close to all the restaurants and right off 65.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 PM
KenR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to bowling green last weekend from st.louis area. Stayed at barren river state park resort. It was ok. Really too far from museum but a nice 30 min drive none the less. We also checked out mammoth cave atonal park. It is worth seeing. Trip was good. Weather was great. Until.... Sunday morning leaving museum got on the highway took my eyes off road for a second and let the car run off the shoulder driver side at about 40 mph. Timing couldn't have been more perfect or worse. The shoulder started again but abruptly. Ended up bending my aftermarket wheels on front and back driver side. Had to drive 250 miles with vibration. Lesson learned again, never take eyes off road. New wheels ordered. Car realigned. Will try to post pics when wheels are replaced.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:11 PM
abates
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We stayed at the Hampton Inn earlier this month for our museum delivery. Nice place, lots of restaurants nearby. Easy short drive to the museum.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Y2KC5
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Stogie Lover
I'm planning a road trip with my son to the National Corvette Museum and I know there are plenty of people on the forum who have done this. Do you have any particular recommendations for hotels while there? Also - any good places to eat?
I took my son there about 10 years ago and drove out from NY. It was a great Father and Son trip and we also found a go kart track not far away from the Museum. As I mentioned it was several years ago but it was great fun. Enjoy your time together and the drive to BG. I would love to do it again some day.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 PM
incabird
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We stayed at the La Quinta during the Bash a few weeks ago. The room and hotel were clean and well kept. The pricing was fair and the entire hotel is non-smoking. We would definitely stay there again.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:37 AM
fast-vette
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread and timely also. We will be going in mid June for our first muesum delivery and this information is very helpful.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Bearsden

Have stayed there before and would stay there again in a heartbeat. And, its innkeeper is Jan Strode and her husband Wendell is the Executive Director of the NCM.
I agree, was very cool! If you want to add something special to your NCM experience, stay there (if they have 1 out of 2 rooms available.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any hotel recommendations for Bowling Green?