C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie and an unfriendly encounter

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guy is jealous. Inferiority Complex. Ignore and move on.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KB9GKC
Hello,

Sorry for your bad experience.

With the current redistribution of wealth mentality it's not surprising that more people are experiencing this type of envy.

Funny how I hear people yelling that the Rich should pay their fair share. My question is when are the poor going to pay their fair share. The bottom 51% workers pay nothing and should be grateful to the people that work hard and pay all the taxes.

The root of the problem is that our Government spends too much and taxes too much but the attention has been diverted away into a class war.

Ignore the note and be glad you understand the value of hard work!

Douglas in Green Bay
Exactamundo!

Once, a guy came up to me and asked me how much I paid for the C6.
I hedged a bit, and said it cost about as much as a typical SUV. He asked, "Payments high?" I said, nope. He looked really confused, until I said, "I paid cash". Then, he looked angry. Some people really don't want to know that others are successful, especially when they have botched their own lives.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Congratulations and welcome to Corvette Heaven !

Such jealousy is nothing new. I've seen it often since I bought my first new IROC-Z in 1986 (yes, some people ARE jealous of Camaros ).

There are two categories of these *******s:

1. those that don't have enough money to buy one.

2. those who do have enough money but don't think enough of themselves to buy something nice.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
Exactamundo!

Once, a guy came up to me and asked me how much I paid for the C6.
I hedged a bit, and said it cost about as much as a typical SUV. He asked, "Payments high?" I said, nope. He looked really confused, until I said, "I paid cash". Then, he looked angry. Some people really don't want to know that others are successful, especially when they have botched their own lives.

I've answered the same "payments high?" question the same way.

When jealous people ask my wife "why does Mike have so many cars?"

She tells them "because he can"

Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM
NeverAgain
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of today’s schools encourage mediocrity and sub par performance. We live in a society of everybody gets a trophy mentality. Upon graduating, they find out what the real world is like and want to blame others for their lack of ambition and drive. As others have said, just laugh it off and enjoy your ride.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

"Haters" existed long before the Corvette....don't worry bout it.

And on the parking note.....no matter how far away you park, someone WILL have parked next to you by the time you return to your car.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

We have become a 'lowest common denominator' society.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by shootincyclone
"Haters" existed long before the Corvette....don't worry bout it.

And on the parking note.....no matter how far away you park, someone WILL have parked next to you by the time you return to your car.

The truth.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:23 PM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by ChevyDave
Only had the most enjoyable experiences thus far. Stupid exists everywhere, so its bound to happen some day.

File the paper, ignore it. Put your smile back on and enjoy!!
And welcome to the forum.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

The day I got my Corvette I was at my friends parents house with it and they went out to see it along with some of their friends. They asked me if I paid cash and I said no. They said "You kids, ya'll think you should just go out and buy a toy and its ok to finance it." I smiled and said "Is your Harley paid for?" and they said yes because its their toy.

My response was this. "I get that but since my home is paid for as is my other vehicle and I have no student loans or any other debts why not?" They just looked at me and I asked them.

Is your car paid for?
Is your her Jeep paid for?
Is your house paid for?
Do you have any other debt?

They said no to the first three and yes the last one. Pretty much told them when they have their finances under control more than I do they can give me advice but till then to shove it. They were not happy.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM
EVL JAKE
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I want to know what kind of ******* takes the time to write that kind of note and affix it on your window.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by EVL JAKE
I want to know what kind of ******* takes the time to write that kind of note and affix it on your window.
One who doesnt work.........
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 PM
All2Easy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoy your car!

You earned it!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
vetteguy4
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on getting your Vette. 99.9% of my experiences have been positive. The only negative ones seem to come from my"friends" whom I assume are just jealous. One said to me right after getting my Vette(my 6th one) why I would spend "all that money on a car" when people are going hungry and losing their homes. Another one said the only reason guys buy Corvettes, Porches, Ferraris, etc is because they have small pe****s or none at all. Again, just envy. Enjoy you Vette and enjoy life.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

You must remember there are only two kinds of people in the world. Those who drive Corvette and those who wish the could.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Vetteguy4. I heard most of the same. I'm sorry everyone doesn't have a Corvette, nice home, pretty wife etc. I worked hard for mine and most Corvette people do. I was asked if I was having a mid life crisis? To which I said, yes I was in a real crisis because I didn't have a Corvette but now that I have one, no more crisis.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Hogkiller106
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and enjoy the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Newbie and an unfriendly encounter

Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
sledmaster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I tell everyone that i went to see the VooDoo lady and had a curse put on the car if they damage it. Seems to work well down here in south La. Some laf and some take me serious.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't worry about it. With today's jealousy mongers in the white house and the rest of the administration you'll see this.

It's happened to me before with a lowly 350Z. Some people will always be busy-bodies.

If they spent as much time worrying about their own lives as they do about the success and material possessions of others they'd be successful too!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Chill and enjoy your ride....you can't fix stupid!...

Originally Posted by nsx2C6
Greetings! I figured I would introduce myself. I am a newbie to the realm of Corvettes and recently acquired a pristine 09 Velocity Yellow 3LT A6. My boss has a Red 07 C6 and he was kind enough to let me drive his car one day and I became intoxicated with the power and performance of the vehicle. After that I decided to get one myself. I looked for quite sometime for a perfect specimen and recently found one.

During my drive from Chicago to Minneapolis, I saw numerous other Corvette owners and they all would smile and wave at me. From the paper plates, they could tell that I was a newbie and they all seemed pleasant. Heck, when I stopped to fill up with gas, people would approach me to chat about the car. It was a really neat experience.

Because I enjoy driving the car so much, I now find myself running errands for my wife that I used to shun. Recently, she asked me to go and pick up some pizzas for the kids. When I got to my destination, I parked out in the middle of nowhere and hiked to the my destination (I don't know how resilient the body is to door dings so I just park it far away from others). My car has the setting for the auto activation of the alarm after exiting the vehicle. Since the car is new to me, I seem to find myself turning around to make sure it does indeed activate. I demonstrated this same behaviour this time around as well. On my walk to the pizza place, I noticed a guy in a SUV glaring at me. I thought nothing of it and went in to get my pizzas. I was in the store under 5 minutes. As I approached my car, I noticed a note on my windshield. My initial thought was that some local Corvette guys were inviting me to a drive or something like that, for my prior experiences were all so warm. To my dismay, it was a hateful (and stupid) note. Normally, such pettiness wouldn't bother me, but recently I have recently noticed that there has been a rash of hate towards those that are successful (anti-1% BS even though one is not part of the so called 1% crowd).

I transcribed the words from the note, but did not keep the note for it was unusually oily and stained. Here is the message left behind:

"Just because you have a overpriced flashy ride, you dont need to stair & watch people park. People like you are why there are so many poblems in world!" .... NOTE: I did not make typos, the message is exactly as was written (stair instead of stare and poblems instead of problems).

So I suppose part of this message is the question, do others have such experiences and how do you handle it? I will add that the note did not alter my appreciation for the Corvette and I drive the car daily because it does put a really big smile on my face! I guess now I will simply be more cognizant of my surroundings.

Quick Reply: Newbie and an unfriendly encounter