C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont buy corsa

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

What I am wondering is: How did the muffler get on your car? You don't say. Did you have it installed? Was the system on there when you bought the car? Do you have any warranty papers? I think you need to clarify all of this to us. OK?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by J Willis
What I am wondering is: How did the muffler get on your car? You don't say. Did you have it installed? Was the system on there when you bought the car? Do you have any warranty papers? I think you need to clarify all of this to us. OK?
He said he purchased the Corsa exhaust from Bill Heard Chevrolet and that Bill Heard Chevrolet had installed it. Bill Heard Chevrolet is no longer in business, and the OP is left holding the bag.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 PM
RedRider1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Corsa should replace their faulty product instead of giving the op the third degree. What kind of customer service is that?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Two sides to every story... We have one side . Issue is with the stealers ship for selling a car with demo mufflers
Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m48xhp
you're one of those people? such an ignorant thing to say...
Ever hear of goodwill? Is any of this his fault? Imagine for a minute Corsa said "It's a demo unit, we aren't obligated to do anything, but we will make it right.".

How much would that publicity be worth?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

I think this thread will be locked/
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Just making me hear the name Bill Heard again makes me feel very uneasy. Good Luck...
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
im always leery of people who comes on here with like 5 posts.
That was my feeling. Neve known Corsa not to take care of issues. We're not getting the whole story here imho.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:43 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-C6
Ever hear of goodwill? Is any of this his fault? Imagine for a minute Corsa said "It's a demo unit, we aren't obligated to do anything, but we will make it right.".

How much would that publicity be worth?
i'm with you. i "give" people things everyday at work. But to say 'they make enough money' is ignorant. someone who doesnt know business. first of all, how does he know the margins on their systems? how does he know the Corsa is even profitable all together?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

I have to call complete BS on the OP, as he went awol after the post and the story sounds like a 12 year old made it up. This should get locked right away ...
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by m48xhp
i'm with you. i "give" people things everyday at work. But to say 'they make enough money' is ignorant. someone who doesnt know business. first of all, how does he know the margins on their systems? how does he know the Corsa is even profitable all together?
he doesn't know, and the company has already changed hands once in the past five years (for what reason exactly we don't know). not to mention the fact that whomever was contacted at corsa did say they'd give him a 40% discount off the price. maybe you can but I can't recall the last time someone offered me 40% off. I'd call that a goodwill gesture for something that should have never been sold or installed and which was not corsa's fault.
The following users liked this post:
JJ1956 (09-19-2018)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Thrash
I have to call complete BS on the OP, as he went awol after the post and the story sounds like a 12 year old made it up. This should get locked right away ...
Are you surprised ?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There are lots of demo items out there. Drop by an aftermarket parts store and you'll see NFR markings on most of the aftermarket seats. These are often provided by the manufacturer, and may be seconds, (didn't meet QC) or might not contain all of the real parts (like electronics and power motors). So if I buy one of these from some unscrupulous dealer, and it doesn't work or hold up, some of you are saying the manufacturer should just replace it with a real product for goodwill?

Not sure what Corsas "Demo" products are like, but if something is Not for Retail, the only person who should be blamed is the person who sold it. They are the one who ripped off the buyer. The manufacturer stepping in with a 40% discount is pretty decent.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:08 PM
AGFNTB
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider1
I think Corsa should replace their faulty product instead of giving the op the third degree. What kind of customer service is that?
But the OP is not their customer. Why would they warranty an item (demo muffler) they probably gave away for free?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM
RedRider1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AGFNTB
But the OP is not their customer. Why would they warranty an item (demo muffler) they probably gave away for free?
What proof is it demo? If it is still within it's warranty there should be no problems.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
ChevyCobb
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrash
It hasn't even been 4 hours from the first post. He may not be on the computer all the time. Give him time to respond with more info.
I dont think it should be locked at the moment, but I wont go in to that because it will offend too many people and end up being locked anyway.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2436
Recently, I had to take my car to the muffler shop as my muffler was lose and rattling. Once on the rack, I could see where the pipe that goes into the muffler was cracked at the muffler and was pulling the end off the muffler itself. Since its Corsa and has a warranty, I called them.

This is what blew my mind:

The service manager stated that the exhaust on my car was a a "demo unit" and has no warranty on it. I had sent them a photo of the damage and the tips so he could decipher the model. The unit was purchased and installed by Bill Heard, who is now out of business, So I cant take it back to them. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with this "manager" He offered me a cat-back system for $1080.00. Retail is about $1800.00. Why would I pay anything for a product that is under warranty? It makes no sense. They have a warranty and I qualify for it. I refused. His next statement was, "I will call you Monday to see what else I can do for you." Monday came and went. In fact, the whole week went by and no call. What a HORRIBLE way to take care of a customer.

I ask that you post this message in any and all car forums you belong to. I want corsa to see the power of the customer. My hope is that they see this and do something positive about it.
Should of got Borla's.,,.

Get notified of new replies

To Dont buy corsa

Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 PM
ChevyCobb
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What proof is it demo? If it is still within it's warranty there should be no problems.
I would be curious to know this too. How can the shop tell it is a demo? Are there markings on it that designate it to be a demo?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
AGFNTB
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OP obviously has no proof that it is a retail, new, purchase which is why the Corsa rep helped him figure out what it was. It turned out to be a demo unit.

From the Corsa warranty
CORSA Performance® warrants to the original retail purchaser with proof of purchase for warranty determination that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship while purchaser owns the vehicle upon which such product(s) were originally installed
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
...So if I buy one of these from some unscrupulous dealer, and it doesn't work or hold up, some of you are saying the manufacturer should just replace it with a real product for goodwill?
I guess not. I mean, Corsa made their money, the unscrupulous dealer made his money, and the unsuspecting customer got screwed. It's all good.

We will never read a thread on CF where a customer brings his Vette to a dealer for service, the dealer screws it up, and the customer reads the riot act to GM. His beef is with the dealer and GM should not do anything or give a damn because he's not their customer. GM made their money, the dealer made theirs, and the customer got screwed. It's all good.

Quick Reply: Dont buy corsa