C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have memory seats forget?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,246 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by REDC4CORVETTE
Make sure you are pulling the parking brake on when your making the settings, seat belt in place
I did not know that? Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by J Willis
To be honest with you, I don't care that much for the memory deal. It all depends on how my arthritic knees feel as to the way I set it. One day they might be stiff and aching and the next I might want them in a different position because the feel more comfortable. So, I have to change it all of the time anyway.........
Use DIC Vehicle Personalization to turn off 'Auto Memory Recall' and 'Auto Exit Recall'. It doesn't have to be automatic.

Make sure you are pulling the parking brake on when your making the settings, seat belt in place
Parking Brake only has to be on for M6 Trans. A6 just needs to be in Park.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:53 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
Use DIC Vehicle Personalization to turn off 'Auto Memory Recall' and 'Auto Exit Recall'. It doesn't have to be automatic.

Parking Brake only has to be on for M6 Trans. A6 just needs to be in Park.

Maybe you should tell my car that when I can't get the mirrors to stay in place
Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

All these reports sure sound like the common connector problem under the seat. Move the seat a little and press a position button and it will go to the correct position. The connectors under the seat are just a little loose and moving around makes and breaks the connection. The temporary fix is to wiggle the connectors. The permanent fix is to put a tie wrap around them.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 AM
VA50th
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

...I don't 'think' my seats have a memory problem. I'm just waiting for them not be so stiff. I miss my C4 (96) seat.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J Vette
No problem with memory seats. Its the mirrors that don't remember.
Mine too.
Jeff
Old 07-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Maybe you should tell my car that when I can't get the mirrors to stay in place
So you broke it.

If your battery is in good shape maybe it's a faulty connector somewhere.

I know there have been threads about the mirrors doing strange things on their own and IIRC the fixes were BCM-related.

PITA for sure.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:35 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Interesting range of issues.

My seat, which is moved all the way back for exit, occasionally will not move forward when I start the car. But I believe that only happens when I shift out of Park too soon. As long as I wait a few seconds, the memory works just fine. When I shift too quickly after starting, it seems to interrupt the process.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by long_tall_texan
I had this problem recently too. But I managed to get it to fix finally. What I did was that I had to set a completely new driving and exit position. I moved it all the way forward and changed the seat bottom angle too. Then set the same awkward position as the exit position. Turned off the vette, opened and closed the door, started vette again, set my preferred drive in position, and then exit position. Turned it off, got out and checked to see if it worked. WooHoo! It actually did. I think the key was resetting both driving and exit positions.
Same problem, same solution. I have to do this about once a month.

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
All these reports sure sound like the common connector problem under the seat. Move the seat a little and press a position button and it will go to the correct position. The connectors under the seat are just a little loose and moving around makes and breaks the connection. The temporary fix is to wiggle the connectors. The permanent fix is to put a tie wrap around them.
My connectors have been tie wrapped since I started having problems with the airbag light coming on. The tie wrap cured the airbag problem, but not the lapse of memory.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:33 PM
bill1100
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar problem with my '06 about two months ago. I took it to the dealer and could imagine some outrageously expensive fix. Pleasant surprise - they had to "reprogram" the memory seat system, and they only charged me a few bucks for the fix. I didn't know they could do that - I was annoyed for the last two years about the problem. Also, for some reason my car would be more prone to forgetfulness in hot weather. Weird...
Old 07-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bill1100
Had a similar problem with my '06 about two months ago. I took it to the dealer and could imagine some outrageously expensive fix. Pleasant surprise - they had to "reprogram" the memory seat system, and they only charged me a few bucks for the fix. I didn't know they could do that - I was annoyed for the last two years about the problem.
Nice. I wonder if that is common knowledge at the dealers?
Jeff
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM
jgrimes227
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Memory system for seat, mirrors, steering wheel position.

So I have tried all of these things. But now matter what I do, nothing sticks. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to completely re-boot this memory system - and if so, can I do that, or does it require a Dealer or specialty shop that can do this. I personally abhor going to a dealer - My local dealer is a very big seller as they sell lots of Corvettes to the Military at Ft. Belvoir, or Quantico - but their general knowledge about the car is terrible - almost always when I ask about this or that (I often know the answer but am looking for more insight) they don't even know what I am talking about.

John Grimes in Northern Virginia 2007 C6 coupe
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

If all that was previously set and now it doesn’t remember, disconnect your battery for 15-30 minutes. Your settings are still there; when you reconnect the battery, everything resets to whatever you made as your default preferences. You should not have to reset it.

How do I know? It happened on my ‘15 Z06 last year and a GM engineer at Corvettes at Carlisle weekend told me to do that. It’s been good since last August.

Last edited by 2vettes; 06-14-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:22 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I used to think my seats were faulty, not always repeating what I set. Then, I realized I used a different fob, and also did not follow the instructions completely. Maybe that if part of the problem?

I have also had weird radio settings pop up on my fm2 selection, then go away when I press it again for FM1, and then again...my correct setting will show up. Ghosts in the car somewhere....
Old 06-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Radio presets/tone settings are also stored individually/independently for fobs programmed as #1 or #2.
The following users liked this post:
BLUDICE (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 04:43 PM
jgrimes227
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None of the memory works for me - the mirrors have to be reset constantly - will retry it all again - this time with the emergency brake set. The Driver's seat back broke at the hinge when I was trying to reach something in the back - these seat backs are made of some kind of synthetic material - thought it was the cable until I tried to fix it - now I just keep a bag full of my jumper cables and a piece of sheetrock behind the seat back. So I never change the seating position. The seats don't seem to move at all driven by a memory system.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:26 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

The dealer replaced the memory module on my 2008 in 2010 because of the same problems you guys have,the service manager said a lot of vette owners complained also....Well..that new module did not last very long so i just live with it.

Quick Reply: Anyone have memory seats forget?