C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:16 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 4 Posts

Been doing some thinking and wonder how the NRBM would look with the black headlamp color override? Could provide enough contrast to see that the Vette was NOT black...Hmmmm...
Old 05-14-2012, 03:25 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TrekWater88
Been doing some thinking and wonder how the NRBM would look with the black headlamp color override? Could provide enough contrast to see that the Vette was NOT black...Hmmmm...

It's interesting that one needs to convince people what color the car is NOT . . .

I mean, shouldn't the color speak for itself?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
[/B]

It's interesting that one needs to convince people what color the car is NOT . . .

I mean, shouldn't the color speak for itself?
It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery surrounded by an enigma...
Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

What color headlamp override, if any, would go best with NRBM?
Black, Cyber Gray or Blade Silver? Opinions wanted. Thanks in advance, Brian
Old 05-16-2012, 10:18 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

ttt
Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

What color headlamp override, if any, would go best with NRBM?
Black, Cyber Gray or Blade Silver? Opinions wanted. Thanks in advance, Brian
Definitely not black - it's too close to N.R.B.M. Blade Silver would be nice, as might Cyber Gray.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:51 AM
tonysrep
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guys I place my order today for a grandsport coupe in night race blue , I've always wanted a blue vette since I saw a lemans blue back in 07, just couldn't get the wife on board at that time. Its been a long wait But I think it will be worth it

I went with a 4LT dark titainun ,ebony ,blue stitching
6 speed manual
f55 suspension
transparent roof
dual mode exhaust
and of course the zr1 spoiler.

I was going to buy a 2012 but having one of the last built c6's seems worth waiting till august to pick it up

ken Fichtner gave me a price I couldn't refuse
Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 AM
TrekWater88
Pro

Originally Posted by tonysrep
well guys I place my order today for a grandsport coupe in night race blue , I've always wanted a blue vette since I saw a lemans blue back in 07, just couldn't get the wife on board at that time. Its been a long wait But I think it will be worth it

I went with a 4LT dark titainun ,ebony ,blue stitching
6 speed manual
f55 suspension
transparent roof
dual mode exhaust
and of course the zr1 spoiler.

I was going to buy a 2012 but having one of the last built c6's seems worth waiting till august to pick it up

ken Fichtner gave me a price I couldn't refuse
Congrats!!! and welcome to the NRBM club. That's what I ordered almost exactly...did you get black or chrome GS badges? I also did Cyber Gray headlamp color override. Sittin at 3000 right now, waiting for a TPW. Congrats on your order...let the waiting begin.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM
tonysrep
Racer

Congrats!!! and welcome to the NRBM club. That's what I ordered almost exactly...did you get black or chrome GS badges? I also did Cyber Gray headlamp color override. Sittin at 3000 right now, waiting for a TPW. Congrats on your order...let the waiting begin.
I went with the chrome badges and didn't change the headlights...Post pics when you get yours...I can't wait
Old 06-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Tom45
Pro

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I wouldn't buy any color I hadn't seen in-person. I'd want to be absolutely sure I liked the color before spending that kind of money. Considering how long I typically keep a car that's a long time to live with a color I wasn't 100% happy with.
A color can look a lot different in person than in a picture.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM
cegusa
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
To be honest, I think it will be every bit as challenging to keep looking good as the Carbon Flash Metallic used on the 2012 Centennial Edition cars. It's just as dark; it just has a very easy-to-miss tinge of blue in it. It will be very high maintenance.
I agree on the level of effort to keep it up will be on par with black or any other dark color but when it's clean it will be sharp. With that color, I would also look closely at a red interior. Very unique and classy.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cegusa
I agree on the level of effort to keep it up will be on par with black or any other dark color but when it's clean it will be sharp. With that color, I would also look closely at a red interior. Very unique and classy.
I think a red interior would provide too much contrast, and make the paint look black . . . I would suggest a blue interior, to complement the blue (on a sunny day) paint.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:53 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 06-09-2012, 11:59 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
I think a red interior would provide too much contrast, and make the paint look black . . . I would suggest a blue interior, to complement the blue (on a sunny day) paint.
A blue interior is not available with Night Race Blue paint; it's only available on 60th anniversary edition cars which all come with Arctic White paint.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:10 AM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mpuzach
A blue interior is not available with Night Race Blue paint; it's only available on 60th anniversary edition cars which all come with Arctic White paint.
I did not know that. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by ButWhatDoIKnow
Kerbeck has a lot of night race blue cars listed as ordered. I think they all have ebony or cashmere in them. They have presumably seen the color. I think Rick Conti has ordered one with red interior. On another note, I like the name. Although we con't condone racing, it would confuse the witnesses. (But, your honor, the witnesses saw a BLACK car. I drive a blue one!)
Thanks for mention, she is in....just waiting for the CFZ to be put on...posted my pictures and car sold in 2 hours!
PICS HERE!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:08 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Originally Posted by tonysrep
I went with the chrome badges and didn't change the headlights...Post pics when you get yours...I can't wait
I definitely will post pics. I went with the black GS emblems. I will change the letters to blue once I take delivery as well.

Get notified of new replies

To For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Default A humble C4 owner's thoughts on NRB: go find one!

The sunlight works against it if you are looking for a dark blue that pops during the day. There is a GS in a nearby dealership in NRB and it is in one word: gorgeous. Under the lighting inside, it looked like a smoky, dark blue. Reminded me of the dark blue metallic on the 1988 Corvette but....better! The aluminum flake touch is well done.

Probably a good reason why this is called night race blue, because under low light conditions it looks fantastic. It would even look black at first glance until under a street light at the right angle, then you see the dark blue/purplish/smoky hue.

I plan to spend some more time at the dealership before they sell the GS. If you are pondering about this color DO NOT go by pictures, it must be seen person. I was very disappointed with it when the first pics were posted here.

Given the name, one really anticipates different from what the daylight pics show. Lemans Blue was my favorite blue but this one looks amazing. The aluminum flakes really looked like overkill in the daylight pics but they are nicely done.

I haven't had a color since torch red or black that made me ache for one but I add this one to the list. The GS is stickered for 67K if I remember correctly. Interesting enough, they have a black non GS 2013 that stickers nearly identical to the GS. Must have been some extra options I overlooked on its window sticker. Loved the "60 years" badging on the 2013 models. The C6 has secured its place as a great generation of Corvette.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
c6 CHEVY
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

PTayler9849. I ordered. NRB with the 4LT Titanium. My Denali pickup has Cashmere Int. are you happy with the 4LT. Titanium Int?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
vfour
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a NRB coupe with the Cashmere interior. Works well in my opinion. The color truly is unique and may not appeal to everyone. Pictures do not do it justice. I have photographed my car several times and none of the pictures really capture the color well. In the shade it is a beautiful shade of blue and the metallic does not show at all. No swirls here either. The sun magnifies the metallic and gives a very different overall appearance. A quick glance at night may give the appearance of black at first, but not for long. But, see it before you order it.

Quick Reply: For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...