C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to properly launch an A6 at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:09 AM
SouthBaySurfer
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

My '08 always starts in first gear in S mode. Try this: with the car stopped, shift to S mode; now hit the + lever, the DIC should show 2, meaning it started out in first.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Originally Posted by BLEKVET
To launch in 1st gear in S mode (which you want to do at the track), shift into S, press the downshift paddle to get into 1st gear, move the gear selector into D, now move back to S. The car will now launch in 1st gear. S always starts in second gear. You can program this out with a tune if you want.
S mode does not start in 2nd gear if you just have it in drive then move it to sport without touching the paddles

Just try it , put it in sport mode , don't touch the paddles , then slam the gas pedal to the floor, I guarantee that your tires will go up in a blaze of smoke

Dave
Old 05-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer
My '08 always starts in first gear in S mode. Try this: with the car stopped, shift to S mode; now hit the + lever, the DIC should show 2, meaning it started out in first.

Just don't touch the paddles when putting it in sport mode , it will be in 1st gear when you launch

Dave
Old 05-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by skar
Ok I'll ask I have headers on order and having Lingenfelter tune it . A
No need to "tune" it out , trust me ....it's in 1st gear when you are at a complete stop and drop it into sport mode from drive as long as you don't touch the paddles

Dave
Old 05-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,496 Likes on 816 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having a sport "S" mode if it started in second gear??

Originally Posted by Dcasole

Just don't touch the paddles when putting it in sport mode , it will be in 1st gear when you launch

Dave
Old 05-01-2016, 03:28 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by BLEKVET
To launch in 1st gear in S mode (which you want to do at the track), shift into S, press the downshift paddle to get into 1st gear, move the gear selector into D, now move back to S. The car will now launch in 1st gear. S always starts in second gear. You can program this out with a tune if you want.
I don't know what year Vette you have (no info in your profile), but the OP has an '08 and the only time it'll ever start in 2nd is after the paddle mode is activated. Anytime paddle mode is de-activated the transmission always starts in 1st.

Quick Reply: How to properly launch an A6 at the track?