C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering my 2013 GS tomorrow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:05 PM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Make sure to delete the NPP.
Worse bang/buck option out there.

Put the money saved toward the F55 Magnetic Selective Ride Control.
I actually ended up passing on the NPP. I figure I am going to do LTs and exhaust anyhow so why waste the money.

Originally Posted by JoesC5
You might keep watching the for sale section, as comp gray GS wheels pop up quite often at some good prices. Same with the Z06 spiders(which are a direct fit on the GS) in comp gray.
Ordered it with black wheels and black GS badges so I should be good to go for a while until I can afford to get some aftermarkets.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Default Ordered my 2013 GS!!!

Well the hard part is over. Order placed and deposit put down. Ended up going with the 2013 Grand Sport coupe 2lt in cyber gray with red leather interior, M6, NAV, HUD, premium bose sound/bluetooth, black wheels, black GS badges, red calipers. Now I just have to play the waiting game. What a happy day!

Last edited by milt IV; 05-21-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

^ nicely-equipped...congrats !
Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 AM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
^ nicely-equipped...congrats !
Thank you sir!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
ThrottleUp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by milt IV
Well the hard part is over. Order placed and deposit put down. Ended up going with the 2013 Grand Sport coupe 2lt in cyber gray with red leather interior, M6, NAV, HUD, premium bose sound/bluetooth, black wheels, black GS badges, red calipers. Now I just have to play the waiting game. What a happy day!
Congratulations and way to go!!

Did they happen to have any '13's at the dealer yet? I'm looking everywhere and don't find an official release date yet!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ThrottleUp
Congratulations and way to go!!

Did they happen to have any '13's at the dealer yet? I'm looking everywhere and don't find an official release date yet!
Thanks! I'm really excited!

No they did not. He told me I was the first to place an order at that dealership for a 2013 GS but you know how those guys can be. I do know that they just released pricing on the 2013s last week though so he might be telling me the truth.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 PM
MobyDickDog
Instructor

For what it's worth, the 2013 pricing has been out for several weeks. Trust but verify.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 AM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MobyDickDog
For what it's worth, the 2013 pricing has been out for several weeks. Trust but verify.
See what I mean, you can't believe those dealership guys.

Not that I care or anything. That had no influence on my decision.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 PM
pnap88
Racer

i placed my order on june 12 and am still waiting for it, but my production is not going to make it before the july month of being closed :train wreck:

i can't wait much longer before i lose my mind.

2013 2lt base coupe w nap and f55, yellow outside, titanium gray and black inside. i can't wait for this time to pass by any faster!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:04 AM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pnap88
i placed my order on june 12 and am still waiting for it, but my production is not going to make it before the july month of being closed :train wreck:

i can't wait much longer before i lose my mind.

2013 2lt base coupe w nap and f55, yellow outside, titanium gray and black inside. i can't wait for this time to pass by any faster!!!
Congrats on the purchase man!

Mine is not here yet either. It is at code 3400 right now which means it is being assymbled but I don't think it will be complete before the shutdown next week. If you have your order number you can go to www.gmconnects.com and view the status of your car from order to completion. It's pretty cool.

I figure I will prob get to take delivery about early to mid August. I've been waiting this long so I can wait a few more weeks. I'm just buying parts for it left in right in the meantime.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Let me just start by saying I am so damn happy and excited right now I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

I will be placing my order tomorrow for my 2013 2lt Grand Sport, Cyber gray, Red interior, M6, comp gray wheels, red calipers.

I have been searching for C5 Z06s for the past few months and I finally came to the realization that I really don't want a C5 even if it is a Z06. I love the body style of the C5 Z06 but I just can't justify sacrificing all of the technology and "luxury" that comes with the C6. I loved my 2007 C6 coupe and the grand sport is a step up and exactly what I am looking for as far as performance, equipment, styling, and price.

I had the dealership searching high and low for the past two days for a 2011/2012 GS but we were having a hell of a time finding one that met all of my requirements. Dealership called me today and made me a deal on ordering a brand new 2013 built exactly to my specs and I just couldn't pass it up! I will be going in tomorrow to fill out the build sheet and take care of the paper work. They said it will prob be 6 to 7 weeks out once the order is placed but that is fine with me. I have been waiting this long so what's another few weeks?

I know I know, I am going to be a Z06 poseur now and I wasted money on a the GS over the standard coupe. I could care less what anybody else thinks, it's my money and my choice and the GS is exactly what works for me. Yippeeeeeee
No poseur, you're getting a great car. I considered (and could afford) both the ZO6 Carbon and the ZR1, but the GS just fit my plans better, some track use, and the ability to take the car on the occasional road trip. I ordered mine in Cyber Gray, 3LT, Comp Gray wheels, NAV, GS Heritage Package, Rear Spoiler, red fender stripes and red/ebony interior, M6. You'll love the color, not to mention the car. One thing though, you won't be getting Comp Gray wheels though, the '13 models have the choice of silver, chrome or black only. Too bad, I really like the look with the Comp Gray, maybe you could make a swap with somebody.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 AM
tonysrep
Racer

Ordered my gs on 6-8, build week of 8-13
Night race blue
4LT dark titanium ,blue stitching
F55 suspension
tranparent roof
dual mode exhaust
zr1 spoiler

like many of you I wish I had it yesterday especially since my cousin bought a centennial edition last friday
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 PM
pnap88
Racer

i just tried mine and its not working in there. but if i go to the cherolet.com site it does work for me. thats odd, possibly because i don't have a date yet. but the dealer told me august 13 is my week for now.

Congrats on the purchase man!

Mine is not here yet either. It is at code 3400 right now which means it is being assymbled but I don't think it will be complete before the shutdown next week. If you have your order number you can go to www.gmconnects.com and view the status of your car from order to completion. It's pretty cool.

I figure I will prob get to take delivery about early to mid August. I've been waiting this long so I can wait a few more weeks. I'm just buying parts for it left in right in the meantime.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:40 AM
milt IV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TKgs2010
No poseur, you're getting a great car. I considered (and could afford) both the ZO6 Carbon and the ZR1, but the GS just fit my plans better, some track use, and the ability to take the car on the occasional road trip. I ordered mine in Cyber Gray, 3LT, Comp Gray wheels, NAV, GS Heritage Package, Rear Spoiler, red fender stripes and red/ebony interior, M6. You'll love the color, not to mention the car. One thing though, you won't be getting Comp Gray wheels though, the '13 models have the choice of silver, chrome or black only. Too bad, I really like the look with the Comp Gray, maybe you could make a swap with somebody.
Yeah I ordered mine with the black wheels. My order was placed on 5/18, hoping it gets here by mid August as my TPW is 7/30.
Originally Posted by tonysrep
Ordered my gs on 6-8, build week of 8-13
Night race blue
4LT dark titanium ,blue stitching
F55 suspension
tranparent roof
dual mode exhaust
zr1 spoiler

like many of you I wish I had it yesterday especially since my cousin bought a centennial edition last friday
Congrats on your purchase. Your cousin got a sweet ride too.
Originally Posted by pnap88
i just tried mine and its not working in there. but if i go to the cherolet.com site it does work for me. thats odd, possibly because i don't have a date yet. but the dealer told me august 13 is my week for now.
Yeah it's possible there system just hasn't updated or something.

Quick Reply: Ordering my 2013 GS tomorrow!!!