C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the $3,000 Target In Market Retention Certificate Rebates Back for 2013 Models?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
MDK9950
Pro

Received 335 Likes on 123 Posts

Default Are the $3,000 Target In Market Retention Certificate Rebates Back for 2013 Models?

I was just on the Kerbeck site seeing if they got anymore 427's delivered and they have just updated their site with the $3,000 Target In Market Retention Certificate (TIMR) rebate and listed them on all 2013's. Is Chevrolet back sending out these rebates? If so, I hope I get one so I can get off the sideline and get one in my garage.

Last edited by MDK9950; 07-15-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: sp
Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You may already know this, but to qualify for one of those rebates your name has to be on a GM manifest list. Any dealer (or GM Customer Service) can look to see if you are on the list. You can't request to be put on the list. If you aren't listed, you don't qualify...period.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM
LooseScrew
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have received one each of the past two years for up to $3000 for a Corvette. I wasn't considering a purchase then because I had just purchased two 2010 Chevys. I am now looking to buy a vette in the fall, so I am anxious to see what the mailman brings. Hopefully, I am still on the list!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Do they send you something when you're on the list or do you have to ask? Guess I don't understand this in market retention or how you end up on the list...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:58 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

These are called private offers and I think should remain, private and not make a person that does not get one feel bad.

They are limited….I check everyone to see if they are on the list, but I am getting 10-15% on it….so again why talk about it as it is something everyone gets, because it is not.

Our focus is to give you the best value possible, if there is extra, then that is a win, don’t let this very skewed program loose site of the great 2012’s and 2013’s we have to offer. Soon, they will be gone
Old 07-16-2012, 10:00 AM
LooseScrew
Racer

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Do they send you something when you're on the list or do you have to ask? Guess I don't understand this in market retention or how you end up on the list...
They send a brochure type mailing with a certificate number and the allowances for each model. I am counting on getting another, though I have no idea why I got the first two. It may have something to do with having purchased seven new Chevy's in the past ten years.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
snide
Team Owner

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

How does one get on the list? :
Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by snide
How does one get on the list? :
That’s the issue, you cannot call and get on the list, nobody can issue you a coupon, a separate marketing division determines this….it rotates, so if you have one now, chances are you will not in the next wave. My only guess is they go by vehicle registrations…..
Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LooseScrew
They send a brochure type mailing with a certificate number and the allowances for each model. I am counting on getting another, though I have no idea why I got the first two. It may have something to do with having purchased seven new Chevy's in the past ten years.
I got someting like this relating to my GM card. It listed $3000 for a 2012 Corvette on top of my gm earnings. Expired on the 2nd before I was ready to buy. I've gotten these before though. Maybe I'll get another? Sounds like the in market retention coupon is similar but what I got is different?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
LooseScrew
Racer

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
I got someting like this relating to my GM card. It listed $3000 for a 2012 Corvette on top of my gm earnings. Expired on the 2nd before I was ready to buy. I've gotten these before though. Maybe I'll get another? Sounds like the in market retention coupon is similar but what I got is different?
I also have the GM card and have received offers to 'top it off' at $2000. Not sure if thats what you received. The GM offer has 'private offer' clearly written on it. Lets hope we both get another.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LooseScrew
I also have the GM card and have received offers to 'top it off' at $2000. Not sure if thats what you received. The GM offer has 'private offer' clearly written on it. Lets hope we both get another.
This one was more than just a top off. Said "your earnings + up to $3k in bonus earnings, which was $3k for the Corvette + most current offers." This stuff added up to about $11.5k for me. I've been kicking myself for not doing something, but I just wasn't ready at the time. I try to look at it positively. I don't have a new Corvette but I don't have a $600 car payment either I suppose...
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 AM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Here's how I got my name on the list and a $3000 private offer sent to my house. I asked for it. Yes, I e-mailed Chevrolet customer service and told them I wanted to buy a new 2012 GS but it was just a little out of my reach, and the 3000 would enable me to buy their fine car . About 2 weeks later I received a coupon in the mail for $3000, and when I went to the local dealer he said my name appeared on the manifest. I had not bought a new GM product since my 1980 Vette.
I would just e-mail customer service again if I wanted to buy a 2013.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
LooseScrew
Racer

Originally Posted by ladder13
Here's how I got my name on the list and a $3000 private offer sent to my house. I asked for it. Yes, I e-mailed Chevrolet customer service and told them I wanted to buy a new 2012 GS but it was just a little out of my reach, and the 3000 would enable me to buy their fine car . About 2 weeks later I received a coupon in the mail for $3000, and when I went to the local dealer he said my name appeared on the manifest. I had not bought a new GM product since my 1980 Vette.
I would just e-mail customer service again if I wanted to buy a 2013.
Good advise. Chevy CS may be getting a few e-mails soon. At least one, for sure!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM
adrnln1
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I just tried the email Customer Service route, and will let you know what happens
Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
snide
Team Owner

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
That’s the issue, you cannot call and get on the list, nobody can issue you a coupon, a separate marketing division determines this….it rotates, so if you have one now, chances are you will not in the next wave. My only guess is they go by vehicle registrations…..
Now, if I only new a dealer who was offering some wicked discounts...
Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
adrnln1
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Contact Mike Furman at Criswell
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by adrnln1
Contact Mike Furman at Criswell
Touche'

Get notified of new replies

To Are the $3,000 Target In Market Retention Certificate Rebates Back for 2013 Models?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM
BA-C6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent an email to CS yesterday asking about the $3000 money and got a call today , they said if you are not on the list they can not put you on it.I told them it could make a difference in what brand I buy , all I got was they were sorry.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
jmatero
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BA-C6
I sent an email to CS yesterday asking about the $3000 money and got a call today , they said if you are not on the list they can not put you on it.I told them it could make a difference in what brand I buy , all I got was they were sorry.
Likewise. I told them without that savings, I was going to buy a Challenger SRT8 and they said... and I quote:

"Well, I hope something happens that lets you get a new Corvette soon, have a good afternoon".

uh....
Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

here's an email response

Dear Mr. Green,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for showing an interest in the 2012 Corvette GS and Corvette Z06! I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your request. I attempted to contact you by phone but was unable to reach you.

Whenever GM has special promotions such as the Targeted in Market Retention (TIRP) offer available, we carefully screen the customer database to make sure the appropriate offers are extended to our customers based on specific criteria. Based on what the database tells us, we then target the customers it identifies. This could result in one customer receiving an offer while another may not. I checked the list of eligible customers and did not find your name. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but we are unable to extend this offer to customers who were not originally selected. I have updated your information in our system, and if you fall within the criteria of any future promotions, you will be notified by GM. Programs are subject to potential changes, however, the most up-to-date information we have available states that the TIRP offer ends September 4, 2012.

I would like to assist you in finding offers that you may be eligible for. The following offers are available for the purchase of a 2012 Corvette GS and Corvette Z06:

Chevrolet Total Confidence Pricing:
Expires September 4, 2012
The program will offer eligible customers the opportunity to purchase a new 2012 Chevrolet model at the Chevy Total Confidence Price or less. Visit http://www.chevrolet.com/confidence/conditions/#home

Chevys Love It or Return It Guarantee:
Expires September 4, 2012
If an eligible retail customer purchases an eligible 2012 or 2013 Chevrolet model between July 10, 2012 and September 4, 2012 , the customer may return his/her vehicle to the original selling/participating dealer after 30 days but no longer than 60 days after the delivery date.
There is an alternative offer, if the customer is not interested in Chevys Love It or Return It Guarantee. In lieu of Chevys Love It or Return It Guarantee, the customer can elect a $500 cash incentive on most 2012 and 2013 Chevrolet models ($250 on Sonic and Spark) at the time of vehicle purchase.

The 2012 Corvette Grand Sport models are offered in coupe and convertible body styles featuring wider front and rear fenders  including specific front fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges  as well as a Z06-style front splitter and tall rear spoiler. Functional brake ducts and extra cooling support track-day performance.

The Corvette Z06 for 2012 includes interior improvements shared with all Corvette models, including new seats, a new steering wheel design and a new Bose Premium audio system.

We suggest scheduling a test drive. There is nothing like a test drive to help you make that ultimate decision! When you are ready to make the transition from test drive to ownership, use our online buying guide at http://www.chevrolet.com, where you will find information on financing, dealership tips and the basics of owning a Chevrolet. If you are not currently working with a Chevrolet dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting http://www.findchevydealer.com.

I would like to thank you personally for allowing me the opportunity to assist you and would like you to know that your complete satisfaction is important to us here at Chevrolet Marketing Support. On a scale of 1-5, our goal is to rank a 5 during all customer interactions. In the event you receive a survey on our correspondence today, we look forward to your feedback and 5 for overall service!

Once again, we appreciate you contacting Chevrolet and showing an interest in the 2012 Corvette GS and Corvette Z06. At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please e-mail us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com/

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information.

To opt out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors please visit http://www.gmcontactpreferences.com/.

General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-MAR-100, Detroit, MI 48265

Quick Reply: Are the $3,000 Target In Market Retention Certificate Rebates Back for 2013 Models?