C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COW BOOST AND TUNE 30 day review

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:22 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

oh no.. not again.... Just get it!!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
I understand how recalibrating the throttle opening can make it more responsive. But I don't understand this claim:

Can you explain how your "boost" makes a car get 10% better gas mileage? I'm not badmouthing it, I'm genuinely curious.

TIA
Originally Posted by Never-Enough

Is he really saying this "booster" improves MPG & performance?
Originally Posted by jbomx363
Interested in the 3MPG gain! How so?

And.. I see a lot of A6s raving...how is it with the M6?
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I'm still waiting for an explanation from Chuck - or one of his satisfied customers - about how the Booster has been "proven" to increase gas mileage by 10% or more. I understand changing throttle response, but doing that and claiming a 10% MPG gain sounds like snake oil or patently false advertising to me.

Have any of you with the Booster experienced that kind of gas mileage increase?
I can see how it is confusing what Chuck said.
I'm pretty sure Chuck is talking about the ENGINE Tune

In the following 2 sentences at the beginning of his Post, Chuck says:
" It's a great product and pays you back not only with unmatched performance, but

it's been proven to give most people at least a 3 MPG improvement on the highway
."

And then, ... he goes on to talk about the Cow Booster

In my limited experience, Engine Tunes will increase highway MPG depending on the Tune.
If it's an aggressive Tune, MPG in most cases will not be seen.

I only have a "canned" Diablo Predator Tune in my Escalade.
It's the Performance 93 Octane Tune for improved Power and Torque but with emphasis on MPG.
The Tune is definitely generating more Power and Torque, .. and I do get a couple more MPG highway driving.
These "canned" Tunes are a starting point and can be left like they are or improved upon for more Performance if one has the knowledge to do so.

Please do Not compare the Diablo "canned" Tune to what Chuck does or any other Hands On Tuner person.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Yes, I have, but thanks for that well thought out rebuttal. One of the parameters the Cobb AP messed with was the throttle response. I could pick a map that gave me more power with little pedal use or one that didn't kick in with a lot of power till 3/4 throttle, etc.

Same premise as the "amazing cow booster"
Again, no you haven't but thanks for thinking you have...Well, if you actually driven a car WITH the COW booster I apologize in advance...Otherwise just misinformed drivel.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn672
As Alfred said, thank you again Dif for explaining in detail what the programmer cannot/will not. Your description of the feature was clear and precise about what it is, and now it makes sense. I hope CoW starts using your description to better explain his service :/

My questions may have been poorly worded but they were only questions. Thank you for reading it several times. It was not meant to be negative, just trying to clear up something that was coming across as a poor 3am infomercial...
You're Welcome and Thank You

Actually you're post wasn't really worded badly
It's just that if you search threads about the Cow Booster you'll find quite a few.
And, you'll find a lot of Bashing of the Cow Booster in those threads.
Makes it hard to know, "at a glance", when a post is a genuine question such as yours, and not a Bashing post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
Is the "Booster" a tune that goes into your computer or an add-on device?

I ask because going into the pcm could void warranty, while a piggy back type plug in could be taken off before service.

Thanks
One more time........Is this a tune or a plug-in device that gets piggy backed?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:15 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Cow booster

I had it done by tune, COW BOOST Engine and Trans my car is totally different it is the best thing ever. I think the best thing is to ask Chuck he does have a hand held Tuner available. This may be able to turn it back to stock I am not sure. If you have an auto you not believe the difference. You can drive like an old lady and than blast like you can not belive. This thing ROCKS
Old 08-23-2012, 02:39 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing makes me "wonder" I must have seen over 500 posts on various CoW "Tunes" & "Boosters" and Not 1 has been negative?

I don't care what product is made for anything if 1000 people buy it there MUST be at least ONE who is not happy with it...

Take a Lamborghini, or a Rolls Royce .. I'm sure 99% of the buyers are happy with them but I'm just as sure at least "ONE" person is not satisfied or pleased with it, I'm not speaking only of cars, but EVERYTHING even electric razors sure most people like their "Norelco" but at least 1 person is not happy with it..

My question is Why haven't I see even "1" negative post about "ANY" of CoW products??? I can't comment either way as I don't have a dog in this fight.... I'm just a sideline observer.... But I "AM" wondering... maybe there has been a negative post & I missed it.. if so I apoligise... & I AM NOT bad mouthing CoW I hear a lot of good things about him & his work, & maybe one day will be a customer.. when $$ permits...

The above is just a "question" not an opinion !!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
kthomas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
My question is Why haven't I see even "1" negative post about "ANY" of CoW products???
Maybe everyone is happy with it or if they weren't they worked with Chuck to make it right and now they're happy with it.

Chuck will do his best to make you happy. I install my computer today which is sitting on my doorstep. I'll let you know what i think.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:27 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I really hope everyone will go see Chuck Cow and be very happy, nice guy, he will make your Corvette be the best it ever could be. GO FOR IT you will not look back.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by kthomas
Maybe everyone is happy with it or if they weren't they worked with Chuck to make it right and now they're happy with it.

Chuck will do his best to make you happy. I install my computer today which is sitting on my doorstep. I'll let you know what i think.
This sounds to me to be the most plausible reason...I have had nothing but positive experiences with Chuck and his shop and have no qualms about whole heartedly recommending him....I'm sure not everyone has been happy for one reason or another but from what I have seen of Chuck he's a MANIAC (and I mean that in a good way) so I'm sure he takes care to make sure all of his customers are happy in the end...

As an aside, I passed by his shop about 30 mins ago (his shop is local to me) and things are looking great for this weekends Cowlisle....I look forward to going...

Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
shawn672
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a tune, reflash of ECU tables
Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Smooth72
Why do people who have never experienced something themselves, feel they need to have a negative commit. Or they may have heard from a friend of a friend, or they read a post on another web site that said they heard bad things. I enjoy my tune and cow boost every time I drive it. To all na-sayers, try it, if you don't like it Chuck will remove it and refund your money. Then you will be able to post your a actual experience. There is a good chance if you give it a open minded chance you will be very pleased.
Until you have a power train related warranty issue. Then you are screwed!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

It's a tune.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Ketchum
Drifting

I'd rather have a 'piggy back' device then a download. A piggy back device is AFTER the ECU. It alters the signal. ECU is not altered. BUT I'd take a COW tune to improve the crap programming for the A6.

Last edited by Ketchum; 08-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

g

o

o

g

l

e

I do believe that he has a lot of happy customers though.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
chaver450
Instructor

One thing makes me "wonder" I must have seen over 500 posts on various CoW "Tunes" & "Boosters" and Not 1 has been negative?

I don't care what product is made for anything if 1000 people buy it there MUST be at least ONE who is not happy with it...

Take a Lamborghini, or a Rolls Royce .. I'm sure 99% of the buyers are happy with them but I'm just as sure at least "ONE" person is not satisfied or pleased with it, I'm not speaking only of cars, but EVERYTHING even electric razors sure most people like their "Norelco" but at least 1 person is not happy with it..

My question is Why haven't I see even "1" negative post about "ANY" of CoW products??? I can't comment either way as I don't have a dog in this fight.... I'm just a sideline observer.... But I "AM" wondering... maybe there has been a negative post & I missed it.. if so I apoligise... & I AM NOT bad mouthing CoW I hear a lot of good things about him & his work, & maybe one day will be a customer.. when $$ permits...

I have seen some bad press concerning Chucks availability and the length of time it took to get out his autocals but never anything negative about his work. I am a huge fan of my trans/engine tunes and CoW booster. It took a long time to get them finished but they are the goods.

Get notified of new replies

To COW BOOST AND TUNE 30 day review

Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 AM
raysk
Racer

No doubt that there are many many satisfied customers with the COW boost. in the end, that's what's important. when you make a mod to your car, you want to like it. no doubt that's the case.

for me, i don't think i would like the boost. maybe i am a wimp, but i don't think i want to have more sensitive gas pedal action. seems to me like it would make the corvette more difficult to handle in daily drive conditions.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:48 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default You're close to us......

You're close to us...... Why not come down....NO RISK TO YOU.....

And I'll either let you drive a car with CoW BOOSTER or try it in your car for FREE.

Then you'll know why there is no bad press for CoW BOOSTER.

So far as I've seen, considering the large volume of customers I have, the only negative press I get is

from people WHO DON'T HAVE CoW BOOSTER or DO NOT HAVE MY TUNE and have no experience with me at all.

The other group of "Chuck HATERS" are those that are CUSTOMERS OF OTHER TUNERS who try to "PROMOTE"

THEIR TUNER BY BASHING ME....

YES, I'm behind on my AutoCal tunes (largely due to CoWlisle) and YES, my answering machine is FULL.....

I'M VERY SORRY TO ANYONE WHO IS WAITING ON ME...
but we're EXTREMELY BUSY (which is a good thing for you)

and CoWlisle 2012 has got me here till 4am every night for the past 3 weeks!!!

After this weekend's insanity.....Corvettes of Westchester should return to normal.....If you can call it NORMAL.

Come on down and get CoW BOOSTED!

Chuck CoW
Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 AM
kthomas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my ECM back from Chuck yesterday. I put it back in my car and the first time I pressed the peddle it scared the $!*# out of me.

It is going to take a while to get use to it. So far I'm extremely happy with it and I can't wait for my AutoCal to get my transmission tuned in.

1 day in ... extremely happy with it.

Quick Reply: COW BOOST AND TUNE 30 day review